Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skunkrocker posted:

This should end well.

:suspense:
At least it won't be bad as Butterbean vs Bart Gunn right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

In the immortal words of the hall of fame band black flag, "rise above"
Now I want to see Punk on Henry Rollin's podcast/show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

cm punk compared himself to the punisher
Hey at least he's not a cop or soldier where its kind of terrifying

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

StoneOfShame posted:

This is the most CM Punk thing of all time, every bit from the cops being so scared of him to the person he was with calling him Punker and then that CM Punk grew up to be Albert Einstein.
I'm surprised it didn't end with "And everyone stood up and clapped"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Corey Graves: What do MY knuckles say? :haw:
gently caress where was that drunk looking post about Dave Meltzer someone did a few months ago

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Keg posted:

Are the Cubs good this year?
They are so good that the MLB threads are basically Cubs chat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/757024006675587072
:lol: :lol:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

RZApublican posted:

After winning a match he'll turn to the crowd and shout "WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY!"

He'll do this after losing, too.
This is how he'll get back in the WWE when he gets hit so hard he'll have amnesia and forget about the years of 2012-14

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Thauros posted:

Part of the reason why Warrior and Bruno came back is that while they hated Vince they were willing to talk to Hunter. Punk otoh could work with Vince at times but never trusted or got along well with Triple H
And HHH is probably really bitter at Punk for walking out when their plan was for him to beat HHH at Wrestlemania which in HHH's eyes is like a main event match at WM.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Got a live feed from the Brook's household
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxWkfJ4uvV0
man how much is it going to suck when he finds out that his wife watches her old matches in secret?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

1st AD posted:

I don't watch new rasslin' but John Cena appears to be quite good on the mic.

Also the reason CM Punk didn't get pushed is because Vince doesn't actually care if he's clean, Vince loves steroid muscle men and if you don't look like one you're not going to actively get a push.
He's also been spoiled by Cena's only desire in life to be the ultimate company man, who is willing to learn Mandarin to help WWE get into the Chinese market, Punk wouldn't do that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

In retrospect, despite all the legit criticisms Punk has with the WWE, his career trajectory wasn't that bad; I mean he had a career that most people of his stature pre-2015/16 would only dream of getting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Also, while Punk was champ for a year, he often played second fiddle to John Cena's feud with an old skateboarder turned company stooge in a suit.
To be fair that did lead to that Johnny Ace tribute video

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dias posted:

Yes. It's half WWE fans that got burned on the guy leaving and his personality, half MMA fans that are pissed a complete newbie is getting an UFC contract based on fake fighting.
I do like in the years since he walked off, HHH has become the savior of the WWE in the eyes of many WWE fans who were big Punk fans at the time he released that podcast with Colt revealing how much of an rear end in a top hat HHH is.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

HHH is not the booker of NXT.
Yeah he's more of the Vince role where he puts the seal of approval for how the show is being run/what they are doing. Which is the point to the investors to make him look good and as a viable replacement for Vince.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChrisMuellerPGH/status/773229363214942208
Can't wait to see Punk being a jerk to our cool sports radio host

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

schweens posted:

Yes but it was a legit answer to the worst first pitch question so it only half counts.

Two standouts from the interview:
The biggest softball question of all time "what is a triangle choke?" to which punk replied "you don't know what a triangle choke is?"

When you wish punk good luck he still responds Luck Is For Losers.
Also great was him being all :smug: that the Blackhawks would have totally beaten the Penguins for the Cup this year, which is about as comparable as Punk beating Gall

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Punk is like me in cutting weight our solutions is to just give up pop and call it a day, maybe go to the local gym for more than 30 minutes every 4 days or so.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

DannoMack posted:

almost all the gleeful punk trolling in this and the gameday thread is wrestling fans
We are almost as petty as Vince and HHH when it comes down to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Burt Buckle posted:

If Punk was so great he would have headlined Wrestlemania. And you can tell him I said that.
He was going to get that opportunity, unfortunately he didn't see facing HHH at Mania as a main event (even though he wrestled Undertaker the year prior which is also like wrestling the main event)

• Locked thread