Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Bubba Smith posted:

I think Punk gets a max of 3 fights until they cash-in on a name, and they might as well go as big as they can without it being for the title.

Can he win 3 fights against MMA fighters? He does BJJ and is in good shape and such, but he's also 36 and never had a MMA fight in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Punk could beat a lot of people in a MMA fight no doubt. Would any of them have been signed by the UFC for reasons other than to fight him is another question.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Mean Bean Machine posted:

everyone was making fun of actor cung le before he fought and he walked in and ko'd former champ rich franklin and had a couple of fun fights

Cung Le has a 17-0-0 record in kickboxing and was the Strikeforce MW champ at one point, so as funny as his fights were there really is no comparison to CM Punk.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I've come around on this whole thing. It never was a pure "sport" to begin with and if the UFC will stop pretending that's cool. Sprinkling in some funny fights, freakshows, celebrity MMA hobbyists etc. in there to boost ratings and generate interest is fine and if it bumps some TUF Brazil guy to Fight Pass who gives a gently caress.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

CM Punk should fight Roy Nelson. He's older, shorter and in worse shape.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Keg posted:

Do Maynard/Guida please, because it would be the funniest.

Seconded.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Memento posted:

edit: I couldn't find a video of the Maynard/Guida fight legitimately. Sorry. It looked like Maynard made Guida his bitch though. Taunting etc. Sorry Fatherdog, ban me if I haven't fulfilled my toxx, but I feel like I may have done enough.

Guida works really hard to not fight the whole fight. Towards the end Maynard is hitting himself in the face yelling "fight me bitch" or "hit me" or something like that. It was weird as hell when it happened as Guida had never fought like that before, and also hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

1st AD posted:

Someone post the video where cXb is getting punched while grappling with his girlfriend, then catches her in an armbar while her daughter goes "whoa awesome"

Yes please.

• Locked thread