Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He should have just fought back since it turns out cro coo is a sub frank Mir level talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

He should have just fought back since it turns out cro coo is a sub frank Mir level talent

Alberto doesn't have the kind of boss tattoos Frank Mir has, his wussy ink can't stand up to Cro Cop.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

He got kicked in the head and was knocked out. There was nothing smart about it.

Are we watching the same gif? The one where the left leg gently caresses the top of ADR's head and then he falls over a half second later after he realises he has an out? He wasn't knocked out at all.

Considering it was PRIDE, the chances of it being a legit fight even if that kick connected were about one in five.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Are we watching the same gif? The one where the left leg gently caresses the top of ADR's head and then he falls over a half second later after he realises he has an out? He wasn't knocked out at all.

Considering it was PRIDE, the chances of it being a legit fight even if that kick connected were about one in five.

Watch the actual video the kick lands and you can hear it hitting his skull. Cro Cop then punches him right in the face while he's down. PRIDE didn't hire cans to take dives. You hire cans because they suck, and Alberto sucked at MMA. The people who took dives were fighters with name value like Mark Coleman.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Memento posted:

I watched it on satellite and later on DVD, and both times there was a really loud "KLONK" when Crocops shin makes contact, and then afterwards Del Rio was gushing blood from his head, so possibly you might want to shut up about your deeply meaningful analysis of a 500k gif file

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Memento posted:

Yeah, I'm sure they needed to pay off the pro wrestler to take a dive to loving Cro Cop.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

fatherdog posted:

I watched it on satellite and later on DVD, and both times there was a really loud "KLONK" when Crocops shin makes contact, and then afterwards Del Rio was gushing blood from his head, so possibly you might want to shut up about your deeply meaningful analysis of a 500k gif file

Uh as any well educated professional wrestling fan would know, the sound of a kick landing is merely a slapping of the thigh, clearly done by Mr Cro Cop's left hand, obscured by his torso thanks to a well-placed camera angle

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally I find impossible to believe that a 220 pound very well trained man kicking me full speed in the side of the head would cause me to fall over. That is photoshopped.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Memento posted:

lmao

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Lloyd Boner posted:

Uh as any well educated professional wrestling fan would know, the sound of a kick landing is merely a slapping of the thigh, clearly done by Mr Cro Cop's left hand, obscured by his torso thanks to a well-placed camera angle

Hahahahaha

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

You shut your mouth

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Yakuza paymasters had to convince the scared Mexican wrestler wearing a mask to "make it look real" when he pretends to get knocked out by the fearsome kickboxer in his prime

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lloyd Boner posted:

well educated professional wrestling fan

That's your problem right there.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cro cop had a few knockouts in Pride where it looks like his foot just gracefully gives someone a haircut without making contact, its why he owned. pride was just the ecw of capitalizing on fighter's strengths and covering up their weaknesses so everyone thought they were better than they were, which is why pride also owned

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Worse than Brendan schaub

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that ending was loving cool

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Memento posted:

Bush did 9/11

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Greatest of all time

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Fine, I'm wrong, I can admit that. I'll say two Hail Mirkos in penance.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that ending was loving cool

For context, Internet MMA fans (who are probably just as awful as Internet Wrestling fans) proclaimed the guy he was fighting to be the best ever despite him ducking fights or having poor performances against bad fighters.

Then he got knocked out by an old man with no teeth, a bad back, and knees that won't bend.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Alright, for real actual penance. Give me a terrible but decent length match to watch and I'll provide live commentary on it while drunk. I won't be able to do it until Saturday night Aus time, but I'll do it and it'll be the analysis of a dude who knows very little about MMA you can all laugh at.

:toxx: it gets done by midnight Saturday PST or I'll happily eat a ban for my dumbness.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I wish Krylov Palelei was 5 rounds.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Memento posted:

Alright, for real actual penance. Give me a terrible but decent length match to watch and I'll provide live commentary on it while drunk. I won't be able to do it until Saturday night Aus time, but I'll do it and it'll be the analysis of a dude who knows very little about MMA you can all laugh at.

:toxx: it gets done by midnight Saturday PST or I'll happily eat a ban for my dumbness.

Royce/Sakuraba

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That's cruel and unusual punishment.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Throw Krylov Palelei on top as a fun palette cleanser.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Watching the beginning of this and I just noticed Hendo's logo is him in mid air about to give Bisping CTE. That man is a treasure.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Memento posted:

Krylov/Palelei

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

gimpsuitjones posted:

Royce/Sakuraba

gently caress, man. Proportional response and what not. That said, :laffo: this one.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

Quarry vs Starnes

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I hope Donald Cerrone makes fun of this guy for not drinking.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Do Maynard/Guida please, because it would be the funniest.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

hey man, i was able to watch that soldier get a million knees to the face for free that question isn't that invalid for someone who's exposure to mma is that match and that gif

Never mind that guy. You can search the youtube for "free fight ufc" or "pelea gratis ufc". It is their business to sell fights and they want you to see 'em.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Keg posted:

Do Maynard/Guida please, because it would be the funniest.

Seconded.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

gimpsuitjones posted:

Royce/Sakuraba

Royce/Sakuraba was for the real fight that got me in to MMA.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
i remember clay guida vs huerta being good you should review that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hendo chat spilled over into the main thread so I'm cross posting.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Someone tell the Chael story about Hendo not holding someone down, but staring them down.

Someone posted the video on the previous page but the basic gist is this: rogan was doing comedy and Hendo came to watch. Someone was heckling him, and Rogan pointed out his buddy Hendo and said that he'll have him hold him down while he fucks his girlfriend. Hendo shouts out "I won't have to hold him down. I'll just stare him down" and the heckler shut up.

Also one of the best Hendowns stories:

quote:

In 1995, Randy and Henderson cleaned house on five bouncers in Buckhead (ATL)--it was a brutal bloodbath and took about 90 seconds, max. I was with them, and believe me when I tell you it was total carnage. It started when Randy pushed Dan into a car--just horseplay--outside a bar, and the doormen started talking ****. One of them grabbed a baseball bat and was acting like he was going to swing. So, Randy and Dan squared up.

After a few moments of banter--Hendo told the dude he was going to shove the bat up his rear end--Randy suddenly lunged at the dude with the bat, who immediately tucked tail and retreated into the bar with Randy on his heels. Henderson and I remained outside and Dan literally mowed through two of the four remaining bouncers--a fourth friend and I pitched on the last two. One of the guys Dan lit up tried to run away, and Dan would let him go for a few steps, and then beat him down. This lasted for about a block--I know, because I had to track him down so we could elude the police, and was literally a trail of blood on the street. Then, when I went to get Randy out of the bar, I saw that he had destroyed the place by repeatedly picking the bouncer up and tossing him into tables and across the bar.

Dan had just picked up some chick 20 minutes earlier, and she was just horrified, but ended up running from the police with us. We tossed her over chain link fences and brick walls, and by the time we got to our car, her dress was in tatters and she was just livid. Keep in mind, this was two years before either guy fought in MMA. I should also point out that I've known Dan for nearly 20 years and Randy almost 15, and it's the only time I've ever seen either guy in a street fight. The dude with the bat just set them off.

Best part is, Randy was interviewing to be the head coach for the U.S. Greco team, and he was out to dinner with the executives the following night. In the middle of dinner, a cop shows up at his table with the manager, and they say that Randy has to leave. When the USA Wrestling attorney asks why, they said that it was because Randy and some buddies had destroyed the place the night before and assaulted their security staff. Turns out it was the same place! Luckily, they just booted Randy and no charges were filed. 100% true.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 24, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The guy telling that story is Hendo's manager, iirc

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

gimpsuitjones posted:

Royce/Sakuraba

Reminder that CM Punk went to a 60-minute draw twice in ROH (Dave Meltzer even gave this five stars), and had a 93-minute match with Chris Hero

Conclusions:
- Chick Magnet Punk could clearly beat up both Royce and Sakuraba
- ROH fans are entirely right to be baffled that their product doesn't attract a mainstream audience

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Never show this. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DAS Super! posted:

Never show this. Ever.

The fight that makes grown men cry

• Locked thread