Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rogan kicks like a motherfucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFWO7N0U5YQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWC6x4Qqwe4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cams posted:

for real, people talking about joe rogan beating cm punk in a fight is the highest point of this thread

He probably would. Joe Rogan is also juiced to the loving gills.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was more upset at the notion of him laying on his wife.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Man 100 posts in the CM Punk thread something cool must have happened!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Except for the one funny rhyming post three pages ago or so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

david carmichael posted:

in brightest day in blackest night
never shall i watch a fight
cm punk i will white knight
YOU WILL ALL SEE IM RIGHT

this was it. Everything else was just bad. Please stop being bad posters.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He lost the drat belt by choking a guy out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hendo chat spilled over into the main thread so I'm cross posting.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Someone tell the Chael story about Hendo not holding someone down, but staring them down.

Someone posted the video on the previous page but the basic gist is this: rogan was doing comedy and Hendo came to watch. Someone was heckling him, and Rogan pointed out his buddy Hendo and said that he'll have him hold him down while he fucks his girlfriend. Hendo shouts out "I won't have to hold him down. I'll just stare him down" and the heckler shut up.

Also one of the best Hendowns stories:

quote:

In 1995, Randy and Henderson cleaned house on five bouncers in Buckhead (ATL)--it was a brutal bloodbath and took about 90 seconds, max. I was with them, and believe me when I tell you it was total carnage. It started when Randy pushed Dan into a car--just horseplay--outside a bar, and the doormen started talking ****. One of them grabbed a baseball bat and was acting like he was going to swing. So, Randy and Dan squared up.

After a few moments of banter--Hendo told the dude he was going to shove the bat up his rear end--Randy suddenly lunged at the dude with the bat, who immediately tucked tail and retreated into the bar with Randy on his heels. Henderson and I remained outside and Dan literally mowed through two of the four remaining bouncers--a fourth friend and I pitched on the last two. One of the guys Dan lit up tried to run away, and Dan would let him go for a few steps, and then beat him down. This lasted for about a block--I know, because I had to track him down so we could elude the police, and was literally a trail of blood on the street. Then, when I went to get Randy out of the bar, I saw that he had destroyed the place by repeatedly picking the bouncer up and tossing him into tables and across the bar.

Dan had just picked up some chick 20 minutes earlier, and she was just horrified, but ended up running from the police with us. We tossed her over chain link fences and brick walls, and by the time we got to our car, her dress was in tatters and she was just livid. Keep in mind, this was two years before either guy fought in MMA. I should also point out that I've known Dan for nearly 20 years and Randy almost 15, and it's the only time I've ever seen either guy in a street fight. The dude with the bat just set them off.

Best part is, Randy was interviewing to be the head coach for the U.S. Greco team, and he was out to dinner with the executives the following night. In the middle of dinner, a cop shows up at his table with the manager, and they say that Randy has to leave. When the USA Wrestling attorney asks why, they said that it was because Randy and some buddies had destroyed the place the night before and assaulted their security staff. Turns out it was the same place! Luckily, they just booted Randy and no charges were filed. 100% true.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 24, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

coconono posted:

The fight that makes grown men cry

The one positive from that fight is that Hendo can knock someone's tooth out while airborne.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was everything I hoped it would be.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

Z-packs work great for when you have some mild bronchitis and poo poo like thar, mrsa is serious poo poo beyond what it's designed for

As someone who has had a staph infection that quite possibly could have been MRSA (THANKS VA HOSPITAL IN LAKE CITY FLORIDA), the thought that he was just given a z-pak blows my mind. The poo poo they had me on poo poo that restricted me from loving sunlight for 10 days. I felt horrible the whole god drat time I was on them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I never googled MRSA and always thought it was just some infection worse than some staph infection...

I've had a grand total of five knee surgeries and now I learn that over here, there would have been an other-than-zero chance of this happening?

:nms:
http://i.imgur.com/J6S69kV.png
:nms:

Yeah I'm really grateful mine was just a surface infection. gently caress staph.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

1st AD posted:

WCW spent millions on dumb poo poo like paying guys to not wrestle or do TV, also they made David Arquette, Actor, the WCW champion.

Relevant http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3246153

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seriously go read that WCW thread I linked. It's 300+ pages of WCW insanity.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bruce lee was an actual fighter that trained a variety of martial arts his whole life.

CM Punk is a guy whose fighting career consists of fake fighting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Micky Gall got it done and is going to gently caress up Phil Brooks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I still think the look in Punk's eyes was "holy poo poo that guy is going to kill me"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm certain Bisping is embellishing because that's what he does. However, I have no doubt in my mind that Punk is nowhere near ready to fight someone and that he was scared after watching Mickey just destroy the reporter that's been training a lot longer than Punk.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chris James 2 posted:

When MMA was just starting to get big in Japan, New Japan (under Inoki's advisement) had crossovers between MMA and wrestling. Inoki thought some big up-and-coming names in their company would be bigger if they were also good at MMA, so they had fights, both arranged by the company on their shows and elsewhere.

The most famous example was Yuji Nagata. 2001, he was in the perfect position to be their star. Everything they wanted. Everything Inoki wanted. About to be New Japan champ. And he wanted to show his prize to the world.

So he did a special event (Bom-Be-Ye). Nagata, with no legit experience to speak of, Inoki thought was capable of beating Cro Cop, who was in his prime.

Needless to say, quick and embarrassing, and the company responded by instead giving their belt to a former sumo wrestler (Tadao Yusuda) who submitted a K-1 guy (Jerome Le Banner) on the same show.

It happened to at least a couple other people, but wasn't as embarrassing (off the top of my head, Nakamura lost his MMA debut to a Gracie but won 2 or 3 more fights after, and Sasaki did alright)

Pretty good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il66HYPgo3g

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I just want CM Punk to fight the loving green ranger, is that too much to ask?

JDF would just be another USADA victim.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I saw some link while toilet browsing a bit ago on facebook that says that Punk is going to debut at 203. I did not check to see if it was correct.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How quickly do you think Punk gets embarrassed?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A photographer that has been training and fighting for longer than Chick Magnet Punk.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I grew up a cubs fan but quit watching baseball altogether after Steve Bartman so it's nice to hear they're doing well. I'm still not going to watch baseball, but its nice to hear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MassRafTer posted:

At least you agree that Condit won all 5 rounds from Diaz.

[insert TV kicking video after decision is read]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the gently caress is a bump?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So he's only good at faking getting knocked down?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thanks for the explanation!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How do you train getting hit in the face for real? Like are the people he's sparring really digging him or holding back?

You train getting hit in the face by getting hit in the face. What people are talking about at Roufusport is similar to old school MMA camps like Chute Boxe. Basically a lot of sparring sessions are full contact hard fights with the exact same rules as a sanctioned bout. They will go beyond that and have say one guy spar hard for 5 minutes with one guy, then another comes in and beats the poo poo out of him, and so on and so forth. This type of training can help weed people out and only real killers really survive, but the downside is it completely destroys the fighter and shortens their career significantly.

Or they do stupid poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLW3rdon4s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Notice he keeps his chin tucked at all times and his guard is almost always up. I think Gall is gonna gently caress punk up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CoolCat posted:

I liken they way you start off your post by saying its a sure conclusion, then end it by saying who knows, thus proving my point. Classic

He ended his post talking about where the public is placing gambling money. That is different than the start. It is a foregone conclusion that Punk is gonna get punked.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Herr Tog posted:

So is the list up yet of the bars with the PPV that I go and shout at people and tvs?

https://bars.ufc.com/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hermes Franca is a real piece of work too, iirc. And then there's your domestic abusers. Rumble rumblin on his ladies. Phil Davis wrestled his girl into the couch because she could outstrike him if he kept it standing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

Travis Fulton

I mean, I'm not going to say he's great but he does give us things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In22IW_r2iE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fatherdog posted:

Technically it would have had to have been waived for Gall, too; he went pro after only two amateur fights.

Nah. The cited code applies only to amateurs. Gall is already a professional fighter so he would just apply for a license like normal. Anyone who already has professional fights under their belt doesn't fall under any rule in 3773-7-20.

Here's the full text of that section. http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/3773-7-20v1

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fatherdog posted:

He'll be approved now because he has a license from another state which will be reciprocally honored; I'm saying that if Gall had gone pro in Ohio instead of in Jersey he also would have required a waiver.

I misread your statement as if Gall needed a waiver for this fight because of that rule.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No real athletic commission would put Brooks in there against a fighter with a real established record. An old vet with a shot chin would still just buzzsaw through him. That's why they needed to find a guy like Gall.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

i can't remember the last time dan henderson elite wrestled anyone. he works entirely by setting up his one weapon and he is somehow getting a title shot off of it. if an old, broken down man with literally one move can murder tim boetsch and hector lombard than an old, broken down man with 2 years of elite training can be competitive with a guy who trained part time with impersonal coaching for several years.

Its not about whether he actively wrestles people these days, but rather that he's had a lifetime of actual combat sports training. Hendo also wouldn't be able to land that right near as often if it wasn't for his lifetime of grappling.

Also Gall is a 2-0 guy, but he had his first fight two years ago. This is a man that has actually stepped into a cage and beat four other people who all have been training (even if only part time) just as long or longer than Punk. Sure he's green, but he's been training likely 2-3 times as long as Punk has and it is going to make a huge difference.

Yes Punk has been at a world class gym, but for all the training he's done there his striking looks just like any other rookie with very little time training. I hope his grappling skills have improved immensely otherwise he is going to get obliterated in pretty quick fashion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

Punk's had smokers, and I doubt the striking we have seen from him are the results of anything more than 6 months of training. If that is where his striking is at now though he will die.

and the rumors about his smokers is that he's been dismantled by every fighter he's faced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

• Locked thread