Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

eric posted:

What took him so long?

Needs to build a case. Gotta have some time to show Punk's remarks impacted his practice or reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
He'll probably end up being an average fighter for his age by the time he leaves UFC. He'll win and he will lose. He might sniff a title shot because of $$$$ but he won't win it.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

I watched CM Punk vs. John Cena to see what the hoopla was all about and it was just both guys doing some sloppy spots and then the entire arena making GBS threads on John Cena. Oh what is Cena's gimmick again because I think he's supposed to be some kind of skateboarder or wigger something?

2/5

The one where Punk busts out a piledriver is better. Easily adds a star just for that move alone.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How high are you, I'm just curious, especially since I don't think he approves of drug usage.

He is training at a top level camp with top level athletes. What makes you think he will be below average when it's all said and done? And do you really think Dana won't give him a title shot one day regardless of how he does? Money talks.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I get having lovely form after probably a long day of drilling and sparring, but why the gently caress would they keep that in this cut? I'm SURE they had to have a better shot than that.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Maybe after the second time they drilled chokes he realized how much it sucks having a long beard while training jiu jitsu.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Keg posted:

With how much CM Punk talks about how he loves BJJ, I'm curious why he didn't just decide to start training more than once a month and maybe competing in that.

If what he says is true, Dana called him before he really thought about what he wanted to do next. Punk was still finishing up the lawsuit over royalties with WWE.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Who cares if a man who has lifted weights for decades now takes TRT in his 50s. Let's get hyped for the poo poo show that will be Punk-Gall.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

I can't understand why he's only getting his first tab. You get your first tab after 3 months, tops, going two times a week. It's a sign that you're not a complete danger to other people on the mat. I guess, to give him the benefit of the doubt, he's refused any sort of promotion regardless of how minor it is. He looked ashamed at getting the tab.

I'm pretty sure he has called himself a white belt for life before. Which is what I'll be too because I train once a week and I'm not competing in the UFC.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Stealth Tiger posted:

Yeah I heard him say this before too and is that even a thing? Like, advancement is built into martial arts. Being humble or something doesn't play into it- if you have a legitimate trainer, he says when you're a blue belt. That's the whole story, you earned it, it's who you are.

I train under a brown belt once a week because of time so unless I go to a school where I can test under one of the owners I'll be a white belt for life. He did the Gracie Online University and could have at least video tested for their online blue belt which would have counted for something.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tezcatlipoca posted:

No, those don't count for poo poo.

Yeah that's probably a more eloquent way of putting it.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
He has enough money to keep training at Roufusport regardless of a UFC contract and would likely want to work amateur fights as long as he felt like he was having his own version of fun. Even if he ended up getting hit in the face like he did last night a few times a year he would still walk away with less brain damage than if he continued working for Vince.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The only ones that I really remember were one guy saying CM Punk could beat up Joe Rogan and one guy saying he wouldn't be surprised if CM Punk fought for the title

I was the guy who said he wouldn't be surprised if CM Punk fought for a title if he got some wins. This is the same UFC that signed Punk in the first place, why wouldn't I put it past that same organization to do a carny move like feed Punk to a champ?

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I'm not going to try and hide the fact I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah i also wouldnt put it past the ufc to give a title shot to a guy who won all his fights

I figured they could have found him somebody who was worse than him a few times to pad his record but no, he really is just that bad.

• Locked thread