Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pisssssss

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

please don't ban ethanol. Him and crafty have a good split shift arranged so there is always an audience for whatever bad news is currently breaking about the fate and fortune of the xbox one.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Eonwe posted:

Pisssssss
This is crazy!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I didn't realize this was the "please ban this person thread". had I known that I might have posted some classy reports myself

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

There is a forum where you have to respect games and gaming

Guess where it is

Badgame.net, where the Badgers gather.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

Pisssssss

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The best threads are the ones where we know the series is terrible, but we play them so we can share a few jokes about the stupid story and broken gameplay.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:catstare:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Random Stranger posted:

You really think it's hard to find hostile shitposting trying to derail conversation in the Games forums these days? I won't use this thread since it's just too easy, but sticking just to the last pages of threads on the first page of the forum:

And that's when I gave up. Not that I think these people need to be probated, just that by going easy on the worst of it the entire forum has developed a hostile atmosphere.

I see what you're saying with these posts but please understand that there have always been these types of posts. Forever. The only difference is that you don't see "USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST" underneath them.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

koolkal posted:

Are mmo hmo and the Blizz forum even Games?

They seem to have their own rules and rulers

legit saw a dude probated for not using periods and capitals the other day

I still take care of the reports for MMO HMO. Incoherence mods blizz/wow subforums so I don't really gently caress with them.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Kewpuh posted:

I see what you're saying with these posts but please understand that there have always been these types of posts. Forever. The only difference is that you don't see "USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST" underneath them.

That's funny. I don't remember seeing many of these in the past.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

CoffeeBooze posted:

Does that really bother you?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CoffeeBooze posted:

same but unironically

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Then youre living under a rock because 2 years ago people were just as nasty as quoted there, if not more so

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Kewpuh posted:

If someone gets enough probations they can be banned. Then they have to pay :10bux: to post again, which helps feed lowtax's children. By not probating you are literally starving lowtax's children.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

nelson posted:

If someone gets enough probations they can be banned. Then they have to pay :10bux: to post again, which helps feed lowtax's children. By not probating you are literally starving lowtax's children.

on the flip side, by being more lenient people would be more inclined to spend money on avatars or plat without fear of losing them which also feeds lowtax's children

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Wont someone please think of the children?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wont someone please think of the children?

I think some of the MMO goons do that already.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

nelson posted:

Honestly I'd rather gently caress with/yell at them.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

No, you see, those goons prefer to think of girls, not children. There is a difference, OK!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Widestancer posted:

:drat:

See, quality posting does happen in Games.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Kewpuh posted:

on the flip side, by being more lenient people would be more inclined to spend money on avatars or plat without fear of losing them which also feeds lowtax's children

We'll truly know lowtax has gotten desperate when he allows people to pay an extra 5 to guarantee if you buy someone an avatar, they can't change it back for 1 hour

he calls it the widestancer savings account

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

But only on select days, at select times. It will be the McRib of Somethingawful dot Com! Goons will love it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd pay $10 for the ability to hand out a single 6 hour probation

Get on it lowtax

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Get on it lowtax
this'd be funny if you could only buy it once per account

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Christmas Parachute Account Six-Pack Sale! Itll be like a forum version of a free to play MMO.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CoffeeBooze posted:

Christmas Parachute Account Six-Pack Sale! Itll be like a forum version of a free to play MMO.
if someone's willing to pay $20 dollars to probate someone for six hours once then frankly they deserve the power to

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Get on it lowtax

You know what? This is loving brilliant. If Lowtax wants another ivory backscratcher he should do this. Just make the probation message "[UserName] hated this message enough to pay $10 to make them shut up."

Edit: You've got to have the user name in there just to get some probation wars going and really rack up the cash.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

This is just getting weirder and weirder

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

It's a Christmas miracle!

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXO7BE0HVdc

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

zen death robot posted:

This is just getting weirder and weirder

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

zen death robot posted:

This is just getting better and better

Ah, there we go.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Keep on truckin' Kewpah, you're a Good Man.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eye of Widesauron posted:

o_o

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Eye of Widesauron posted:

lmao

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mmo hmo posters shudder in fear as the eye's gaze passes over them

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Discussion > Games > Orc Zone - we are the posting Uruk-Hai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

• Locked thread