Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I should be mod of the xbox one thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

change my loving avatar

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

How do you feel about hot dog hats

excited and anticipatory

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the gods have smiled upon me this day~

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bioshock infinite was the matrix of gaming

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

Peak time usually is between around 4:00PM to about 10:00PM EST

how often do i get reported

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I wasn't talking about Imp Zone (which didn't exist 18 months ago), I was talking about Games. Glad things are working out in that forum tho.

There is a correlation here, see if you can find it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

Does it have something to do with hot dog hats?

:wink:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

i guess my problem or irritation maybe is that it took a thread like this to get people talking about doing something like that which leads me to think that people still are for some reason afraid to post threads and i hate that

we aren't allowed to post fun threads everyone knows that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Honestly until Imp Zone came into the Archeage thread I didn't know that the rules had relaxed. I have a feeling a lot of people are in that same situation. I've been on Mumble with people and they see posts without punctuation even and they seem to think those people are at risk of being probated.

this is also true. are no capitalising and no punctuation posts even ok outside of threads like that and the xbone thread?? who knows?!? perhaps the rules could be updated a bit with specifics on things like this to reflect the new more relaxed moderation in games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I think a general chat thread could be a good idea. it would allow people to casually post together which would then lead to more community stuff like these game playing ideas

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I'm gonna throw in with monthly or weekly so that people have a chance to hop on board.

i think it could be good to maybe do both if that isnt over stretching it. that way the weekly ones could be the obviously and immediately terrible games no one would be able to stand, with a monthly game which is more of a slow burn/worth seeing through for all its horriblness. or perhaps do it based on the particular games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lyer posted:

The SJWarrioring in threads really loving ruin them (see last few pages of the GTA V thread). I understand that type of discussion needs to happen, but generally anything to do with it usually ends in poo poo. The social issues thread we had a while back turned into a huge pile of poo poo in a forum filled with piles of shits. poo poo everywhere.

I don't have a solution or anything, I just want to read threads about games.

otoh i like that we can sometimes talk about serious issues and that this isnt 4chan full of slurs and casual bigotry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

That wasn't a sentiment it was a post someone actually made

I was just too lazy to go quote it

idk that kind of comment would be valid and accepted for other forms of media

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I'll ask the same thing I did in the thread: why does this comparison with other media keep coming up?

Like, I don't get it. Of course people make those comments with other media. And of course it's accepted. But if someone made those comments about a pulp movie centered specifically around violence I'd have the same reaction I do when it's GTA: no poo poo. Like, do people watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre and then go wow, they only had one victim in a wheelchair?

maybe the issue here is you're thinking that people saying that are trying to imply you shouldnt enjoy the game or it shouldnt exist when all they are doing is making an observation or analysis? like yes, actually people do analyse and look at pulp movies in that light because its interesting and important to critique stuff. that doesnt mean you cant enjoy it or it shouldnt exist though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also in the absence of a "Serious Gaming Chat" forum, there is no where else to talk about it. IZ exists for people to post about games and specifically not have to talk about those things so i dont see the problem with it happening in the main forum like in every other "art" forum

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i enjoyed that post endorph

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I think if people made threads for it not only would it be an experiment to see if that's what people actually want to do (talk about social issues in gaming without going full retard LF about it) but it would also make for easier moderation and navigation.

This gets back to the "people should make threads" thing.

but i think in this case its probably a thing where anyone who is thinking of making a thread like that assumes it will get poo poo on by a few people who hate that stuff and/or cause a headache at some point in the future. i dont see an issue with it just occurring naturally instead as long as it doesnt cause issues for mods

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

I, for one, think Grand Theft Auto - a game with dress up options for running around in cowboy boots, a stained shirt and underwear while holding up a convenience store and escaping in a stolen F16 - as a perfect opportunity to have a serious discussion about gender representation issues in video games. I also ate lead paint chips in my youth, I'm certain these do not correlate at all.

lol this is a v dumb post, like even films like the aforementioned texas chainsaw massacre, a camp as gently caress pulp film, has huge amounts of indepth analysis. in fact those types of titles generally engender more discussion as the hyperbolic depictions they contain can signify cultural and societal trends and changes

Endorph posted:

Anyway if someone wanted a legit social issues thread it'd need to be heavily moderated, which this forum seems to be going away from wanting, so it'd probably be a hilarious argument for 50 pages then get gassed

yeah basically

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont think this is a great idea but i also dont wanna continue derailing this thread so i guess lets just see what happens

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodysabbath posted:

Whenever some Tumblrite gets caremad about "all" video games being made for "white dudes," what they mean is "I'm outraged <50 yearly big budget titles for specialized hardware caters to the people who have traditionally bought these bloated, overproduced things." They limit their data set to AAA and ignore the hundreds of other titles made for all platforms, because God forbid the stupid 50 million dollar linear shooter not be empowering to the Jezebel.com writers (and aspirings) who probably weren't going to buy it anyway.

please take this to the social issues thread so i can destroy this dumb argument thanks bye

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the social issues thread is a success im v much enjoying it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

isnt that the south park game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh my god youre all terrible

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I called Panda Clue a brokebrained human being and told them to drink bleach and die. Hell I'd do it again if they did the same thing again.

I think a lot of other people here would too especially if they had seen the entire thing.

i dont think you should use that f word especially in that context

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

She completely deserves it and there has been a LOT of white knighting going on.

why do you keep saying white knighting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

please don't say slurs or accuse people of dumb poo poo that doesn't exist like "white knighting"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

believe me I know it's problematic and I hope I get probated for saying human being you loving human being mods because it would make the circle jerk complete

ethanol posted:

honestly I don't know what's up with the mods of games being completely inept lately, but you guys seem to be enjoying it. so here's to you loving friend of the family faggots

ethanol posted:

if people are going to call this a meltdown, I figure I might as well make it a real meltdown for me too and loving call out the pussy rear end mods

ethanol posted:

i start to cool down and then this loving human being POSTS A GIF GOD drat IT

like I know that's the xbone thread and all that but also at the same time that is someone just shouting slurs for no reason and I think in those cases something should happen personally well anyway bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

That guys brain broke a long time ago and he became what he hated.

yeah and meltdowns are great but int hat kind of example especially outside of any "no rules" threads where it's just a dude shouting slurs for no reason I think that crosses a line. even in joke threads really if I'm honest but I realize how upset some people will get if they can't throw slurs about for whatever reason

• Locked thread