Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So many people here with bad opinions on what makes a bad thread, or bad posts and really just giving me an overall sense that they are overly sensitive twats that I wouldn't want to play video games with. The Archeage thread is a shining example. Probably one of the more fun threads we've seen in a long time.

Megathreads are OK, but they do stifle organic conversation, To an extent what was said here:

Third World Reggin posted:

I think it is because they compare games to other video game forums where megathreads may exist in lesser number or not at all and there are quite a few other threads to post things in.

We tend to separate that second category to imp zone, but for a long time in games some people were worried about probations and didn't post or create threads due to fear of probations or bans. This lead to less content that could have been.

Perhaps a necessary evil ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Actually Eonwe has a point. Remember the report shaming thread? I think that proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that a lot of people get easily butthurt about the smallest, stupidest poo poo (across the entire forum no less). There are even a few people in this thread that are getting dangerously close to that line.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mods, please rename me to Posting Standards. Thanks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

I do not expect to win also Stanley Pain let's swap names on Steam

Can we swap bodily fluids instead? :wink:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't know who Widestancer was before Archeage, but now I wish I gotten to know her earlier. True Words.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zombie Samurai posted:

CoffeeBooze might be the least self-aware poster in Games.

Seriously this is loving incredible.

There's quite a number of posters that fit this bill. That's why we've had some very fun threads, this one included.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CoffeeBooze posted:

This is the State of Games thread is it not? Where we are supposed to discuss the state of Games. So, this is the place to bring up recent trend in the forum, is it not?

Except this trend you're talking about only exists in your feeble mind. Are you really this daft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stormfront Posting Standards. That has a nice ring to it too :shobon:

• Locked thread