Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
LGDs do not bond to poultry and will kill them all hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

It takes about 2 years to teach an LGD not to kill poultry, and you will lose tons in the process and without any larger livestock to actually socialize with and bond to, you're basically going to have a bored, chicken killing puppy that resource guards random poo poo for a few years while you ruin his life every time he kills a chicken. Then you'll have a bored, neurotic adult dog that will guard territory, but not the chickens themselves (unless it views them as a resource, in which case it will resource guard them) and it may, or may not still kill chickens depending on how much it cared when it got in trouble for killing chickens. It will spend its life barking at nothing, digging out, and devising ways to get to chickens because it will be bored as poo poo.

LGDs that typically "guard" poultry are, 99.999999999999% of the time actually guarding whatever larger livestock it is bonded to, and the chickens just happen to also be protected because they occupy the same space. Unless, again, that dog happens to not grow out of playing with chickens to death, in which case you p much just wasted a poo poo ton of time and chickens.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

iirc she was trying to rehome it via a parenting forum after it began guarding a tree.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

my pyr is 10 months old now and while he is bonded to goats and pigs, currently his favorite thing to guard are the random eggs I sometimes toss him when I gather eggs. He protects the eggs from the goats. In case a goat might steal one.

They're basically stupid as poo poo until they're like 2+ and then they get their poo poo togther

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

please donkey, llamas are such cunts

Dogkicker best name for lil spotty donkey :3

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

are the dogs stray? put some dog food in a big have a heart trap on the edge of your land and call a beagle rescue to pick them up

oh how sweet

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Is this for real? Holy poo poo I remember that thread, what a funny thread. She never posted again after posting twice about her autistic son, tiny apartment, no yard, and giant guard dog plan right? How did you find this out?

Edit: Also just get a bigger gun with more spray-and-pray power for your terrible shot of a brother who should be ashamed at how bad of a shot he is.

It wasn't me, I think some goon tracked her down somehow and posted it v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

froward posted:

I was going to say this, but there are already intelligent people here! Excellent.

thank god forums user "froward" gives us gold star posting approval

• Locked thread