Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Stringent posted:

:rip: rotor, gone but not forgotten :patriot:

rip rotor, he died of old age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Big Egg

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

also the egg council is legally barred from attempting to influence regulators.

Illegal Big Egg Lobbying

modsss

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

someone please make an Andreessen av so I can get that with big egg lobbyism underneath it tia

for real

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
my future son: Gentoo Yospos Bithc

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
page of the beast hail satan

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Moist von Lipwig posted:

why not monitor ghrelin or leptin?

how is the average person supposed to use this knowledge?

they should do both of these and tell you if you are hungry or not "bedebeep! time for your soylent dose"

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom...

Uber's surge pricing is good for you, Uber study says

http://fortune.com/2015/09/17/uber-surge-price-study/

Having to wait 8 minutes for a cab on new years eve? Unacceptable

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
A pharmaceutical company...making money!? #whoa

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Dubstep Jesus posted:

:agreed:

profiting off of disease and suffering is wrong, nationalize the pharmaceutical industry

I believe this is already done in some places (not the us obviously) for these kinds of old, non-profitable drugs and vaccines that still save lives. The eu has some sort of plan to publicly fund antibiotic research as well before we all start dying of pneumonia again, like 80 years ago

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

alternately they powerwash the stencil so the ad writing is clean concrete surrounded by normal dirt or faded concrete.

I kinda like this though. maybe not for ads but its like rawing a dick on a dirty car window, classic stuff

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
pitch a nuke at burning man imo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
don't you have suburbs or something in san fransisco, why would you have to commute by loving plane

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
i see we've come around to the 'yospos hates doctors' meme cycle of the thread

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

qirex posted:

90% of doctor work could be done by properly trained robots

if you keep up like this you'll make me start careposting for reals!!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

i want to loving strangle everybody who voted for schwarzenegger because they thought it would be funny

I dont even live on the same continent as california, but it was pretty funny

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

at my office they named the meeting rooms after nearby and far-away cities which is really loving annoying because my phone interprets it as a location rather than a room and pops up to beep at me two hours in advance because it's time to leave for your meeting on the other side of the state!!!

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

smoking an electronic cigarette? whatever, i don't care. tiny wisps of vapor and no scent, sure.

holding something the size of a small paperback book and spitting out dense swirling clouds in front of you as you tear down the freeway at 90mph in your tesla? go gently caress yourself.

i woner how hard it would be to integrate the vape thing into the tesla engine, and then install a hookah inside

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
yeah but the main thing is to use the engine to power the vape, imagine how many watts that must be!!! #whoa

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

well they already tried the "engineer just followed orders" excuse 70 years ago

in the nurburgring trials.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

i thought americans were like insanely sensitive about white people using that word

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
remember when you saw that facebook had bought instagram and thought "wow, that's too much money for a loving photo app" ?

and now its like, huh instagram went for 1 billion? drat, that was some good business for facebook

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
chipping in for gas money to your pilot buddy for the flight you took together makes it commercial as well

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

jetz0r posted:

how the gently caress does a cat knock over a fridge

very cattefully

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

because objects should not have genders

have you tried learning french or german much ????

fake edit: i have, and i agree with you

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
get this: a company is trying to make money!!! lol capitalism, am i right?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the kids who got a discounted lunch at my high school had to show a big red card and the cashier would always tell out "Discount!"

owned

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Thers not even any swastikas

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

owned

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Progressive JPEG posted:

1.1 gallons per almond

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

"san francisco if it had enough housing to make housing affordable"

looks pretty decent to me, but then again I don't care about 'your neighborhood vibe' and I like the cyberpunk aesthetic.

we get it, you vape

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Bhodi posted:

that picture looks good because that's a penthouse view out of some 20 million dollar 1br condo

the schlubs on the lower floors get to look out at other building's windows facing them, and I've got some bad news about which person you'd be in this scenario

if you want a nice view for normal money-ish maybe dont live in the middle of the loving city?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
if not star trek, what tv show will future pedophiles like then i wonder

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
my second year in med school i went on a sort of elective to a nicaraguan hospital. i "assisted" on a c section where they tied the tubes on the woman, which they apparently did on everyone when they had like their third child. pretty hosed up

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

prefect posted:

seems like a perfectly nice dog, and she was rescued, too -- this isn't some purebred fancydog

I was gonna say that the king looks like a cool dude but then i realised that he probably doesn't wear shirts with dogs on.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
re: radiation shielding having unintended conseuences, I remember being told about some hospital using lead shields on top of pregnant women's bellies when a cat scan couldn't be avoided. after having done that for a bit, they measured the radiation absorption beneath the shield and found out that it reflected the x-rays and that the total absorbed dose was higher with the shield than without.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

qntm posted:

magical

doing poo poo just because it sounds plausible? in my modern medicine? its more likely than you think

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

computer parts posted:

if the san antonio raiders plan ever happens and they build it equidistant between austin & san antonio it'd be about the same distance from each

yes, that is what equidistant means

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Yes i bet noone is going to go to the super bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

ultramiraculous posted:

no the site in question is this irritating festival area that is, like best case, an hour's drive from the stadium (which is way the gently caress south of san francisco). they're creating a massive infrastructure clusterfuck and then expecting out of town people to fight against the traffic and come hang out during the week and play football-themed carnival games.

oic

• Locked thread