Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I have an ex gf with fake boobs that worked at twin peaks, she cleared like $60,000 in take home in 9 months and then quit to go to community college and now makes $9/hr retail

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

qirex posted:

sounds like she figured out a price for her dignity

yep, she hated it. she says she can always go back though, she had no boobs before and is amazed that guys just gave her money to look at her fake ones and all that but the comments and dudes waiting for her to get off work she couldn't handle.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

qirex posted:

this is for houses, the bottom end of the 1br condo market went from about 500k down to maybe 450 and now it's like 700

confirmed. our real estate agent can place us in a $600k 500sqft 1bdrm whenever we want! if we want to be within 1.1 miles of bart that goes to 800+

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

didn't he get those stolen aka give them to a 'large black drug dealer who asked for them'?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
as a not-poor fat white man (the kind no one wants to rape) who lives and works in san francisco, uber is pretty cool.

get privileged i guess, that's my lesson to everybody who isn't me

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
apparently robert scoble is going in to rehab???

i found this out because i guess i have friends who are friends with him on facebook, also both zucks apparently.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

come on, don't leak poo poo like that

it has like 2000 likes and many hundreds of shares, FB has privacy settings so...

edit: 3000+ shares and he tagged the rehab clinic in the post and thanked people. not exactly a private moment.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 31, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
advretising on facebook is really really expensive but because you can target so well it's kind of worth it imho

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's the retargeting that's the thing, not just randomly showing you pics of lawnmowers next to baby photos.

it even gets around adblock now too, with promoted posts and poo poo.

say you went on over to google and punched in "mercedes benz" because you saw the superbowl ad, the cookie on mbusa.com is all like "sup baby" and then a week later you haven't returned and mb is all "here's a ad in your feed for the new c series hatchback that you click on a bunch of times"

try it with like amazon carts or other storefronts. put something in your cart and then ditch, and then watch it appear in your facebook 'suggested/promoted' posts thing inside of a week with a discount or something.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
back to the India Uber thing... did she pay the $1 safe rides fee?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

yeah, unlike on a taxi you can't even get a receipt for it on a business trip

i mean, when i first used an uber i was looking confused at my phone as the driver drove off trying to see where you add the tip

you know they email you a receipt right? with the mileage and fare and everything. it's what i use to expense uber rides when I do it for work.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

you people are literally dumb as loving hell and my "acceptable santee 2015" list is shrinking like a gamer at a feminism convention

stop arguing with tayne about mcdonalds

i'm gonna see if the coworkers will go to mcd's today for lunch and i'll photoblog it for tori's benefit. unlikely since most of us hit up the mcd's in munich last week

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
if those water starved africans would sign up to be uber drivers they could make enough to buy all the water they needed

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
san rafael isn't exactly a tech hotspot, it's in north bay and i'm not sure they have any buildings over 4 stories. there's a taco bell though

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
don't see why they used such a lovely processor though, couldn't they put an i7 in there so you can really put some power into the decoding?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
our intern helpfully suggested that it'd be great if more people's parents died because of the sympathy/condolences food/pastries my vendors/partners sent that i put in the break room.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yeah if colleges can make everybody pay a 5th year of tuition because the 1st year is 'mandatory remedial studies' then they'd do that in a heart beat

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

i too prioritize zero-to-sixty performance, sweet power slides, and loud vroom-vroom noises in the cramped metal box that conveys me down tight, crowded city streets at 30mph with frequent stops and an occasional jaunt onto the highway where everyone drives either 40mph or 80mph, never gives any sort of signal before abruptly changing lanes right in front of you, and the traffic randomly slows to 20mph for no discernible reason every twenty minutes

this is why I bought a hatchback crossover instead of an m3, right here. SF is a terrible terrible place to drive a car:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
uh oh, looks like tori got into the booze stash again, he's drunk rage posting

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
that's right buddy, you sure "owned" me. why don't you put that 16th beer down and get some rest? might calm you down a bit.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's hilarious that you followed me to this thread to talk about something that doesn't concern you in any way. You're so mad at how I've owned you constantly. You can't keep from lashing out at me.

(btw, he's mad at me saying that his marriage sucks after he posted about lying to his wife)

yep, you're so right once again tori! you nailed it. why don't you quit drinking for the night and get some rest, it's like 3 am your time, you're acting out a bit.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

You're so mad that I called you out for lying to your wife about how much money you had, that you're following me to other posts to post poo poo like this.

You literally led your wife to believe that you could afford property in the Bay with your dead mom's money, and now you're here posting this at me.

lmao

tori this is out of line and quite a bit personal. I'm not sure why you're acting like this.

I really think you should stop drinking and go to bed before you say something you don't really mean!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

lmao, you are the epitome of San Francisco culture.

ok man, have a good night and I hope you get some rest! last time you were posting like this you ended up apologizing to everyone so I'm just trying to save you some grief.

but hey, keep lashing out at my dead mother I guess, that's real classy.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

Come on baby, let's get married, I promise I can buy you a nice house in the Mission once my dumb oval office mom dies.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Dude, I have not posted a single thing here you haven't posted yourself.

Pretty sure I didn't call my mother the c-word tori. Look, i'm not sure why you're so worked up. All I'm saying is you're acting way more aggro than usual and maybe you should get some rest, it's very late for you over there and you're really acting the fool.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
sf had like no rain in January. I'll take all this and more

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
remember that suitcase full of limbs found outside twitter's office? the main suspect in that (who the police released after questioning) was just found dead.

good times here in silicon valley

http://kron4.com/2015/02/08/person-of-interest-in-san-francisco-suitcase-murder-reportedly-dies/

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
a friend of mine took an uber last night, the driver got pulled over and didn't have a driver's license. not like he forgot it, the driver was unlicensed.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

counterpoint: i took an uber last night and it was uneventful and got me where i needed to be on time

this is my experience with uber, but i can still lol at the funnies that happen with it.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

was the guy the actual driver registered with uber? because tbf i've had this happen in nyc where a taxi driver was sharing his cousin's medallion or some poo poo.

apparently, the only details he's posted was that the uber was pulled over, the driver did not have a license and was taken out of the car for more questions, and my friend called another uber to pick him up and take him home. this was in SF. he did say the driver was the one from the app, so yeah. the driver was 'american' and just told the cops straight up that he did not have a license when he got asked for it.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

well four blocks...then five...then six...then every random side street. then you find a spot and debate if you're actually able to fit (ban full-size sedan rentals at SFO plz) or if you're going to be one inch too close to a driveway. then you see someone peeking out of the window and decide it's risky and move on. after passing several areas scheduled for "street cleaning" (lol), you find a spot on a road you've driven down four times just as you hit a solid :30 late for dinner.

everything in this post.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
eh, consumption isn't that bad, don't think it ever really was much of a killer tbqh

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
if you think about it, running a jitney cab service is a lot like ending segregation

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

they did it on always sunny too, when they were writing their movie script. they asked a south asian dude where he's from and he's like 'philly!" and then his parents and he's like 'ah, new jersey' and it kept going. was good.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
palantir

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
that's more of a shack than a shed to be honest

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
http://kron4.com/2015/02/11/bart-officials-warn-riders-of-possible-measles-exposure/

owned

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
You know how Silicon Valley is full of techno progressives who are at the forefront of medical and technological advances?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/shouldnt-rsvp-measles-party/

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
EA is mad corporate, it's not a place of free thinking ultra-liberals.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

fits my needs posted:

best place to camp is the african bush. especially if you have a canadian doctor in your group.

that's more glamping tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
utah has some big hills to it but iowa doesn't

weird how that works

• Locked thread