Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Wild EEPROM posted:

combine uber with cash cab, and if the participant wins then they don't have to pay the fare*

*the captain-of-industry behind the wheel doesn't get paid either

play trivia crack against your uber driver, if you beat him the ride is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i live by one of these

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Citizen Tayne posted:

I agree completely but social programs don't fly in Peoria.

Citizen Tayne posted:

hell, Pittsburgh's mayor just made an executive decree that any new streets built must be walkable and include green space, and people are up in arms over that.

speaking of Peoria, that city is rebuilding part of it's downtown to be more walkable and lots of people that live outside of it that i know are complaining about it. boo hoo, i can't drive straight through downtown anymore :qq:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dislike button posted:

agree with sytmie and also lmao at you nerds freaking out about the most mundane poo poo

that said, anyone who spends less time than meon their yard/house is a complete slob. anyone who spends more is an ocd nutcase. hth

you complained about having neighbors lowering your property values because they put stuff you don't like on land they own. you are exactly the kind of busybody people here are complaining about.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dislike button posted:

yeah sorry im not a libertarian or whatever, i believe in the value of zoning and regulations

im not a libertarian. complaining about your property value dropping because of your neighbors almost always means that your neighbor is poor and does things like work on their car in their yard and you want them to go be poor somewhere not near you.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Citizen Tayne posted:

invoking "my property values" is the whitest and most libertarian thing imaginable.

yeah lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Improbable Lobster posted:

i like to soak the chicken in a brine beforehand, keeps it moist and tender (though the skin isn't always the best that way but whatever, it's skin)

finish it under the broiler on high for a few mins and the skin will be much better

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Enderzero posted:

yeah the reason that the cushness isnt going anywhere is the same reason you'll never have too many good writers - its almost pure thinking and thinking clearly and well is very difficult which is also why writing is so drat hard

yes because writers have such cushy positions these days

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Enderzero posted:

that's a good point but those countries also seem to have trouble generating enough workers who can think precisely and creatively. im not a believer in american exceptionalism but there does seem to be something to a larger percentage of americans being able to function independently. in college the chinese and indians in STEM had huge study groups of cheating - there were a few really smart kids up top and then a whole bunch of intelligent kids who nonetheless were unable to complete basic coursework. that may be a cultural thing which could change over time though. it just seems the geniuses are evenly distributed, but the people in the tier below that are disproportionately american. so i guess you're right, the question is when that 1/10 as productive number is reached

no field is immune to the saturation of labor. it's really a question of when.

see: science, lawyers, etc

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the gently caress is this, amazon?

complain about the lack of a "Hater" option

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

syscall girl posted:

well yeah you aren't gonna fall on your sweet loadout and have this happen to yr rear end but we're talking about people who want this in their homes

several pounds of this in your garage

if i were a firefighter i'd be wary of them

is it really that worse than like one of thsese

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

syscall girl posted:

no

but the innocuous looking box on the wall of the garage with tesla screen printed on it suddenly spewing hot death is somehow scarier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr15rPHEmeQ

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my grandmother had one, and as a kid, i jumped around on it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol duolingo emailed me to say they were adding esperanto and klingon

not arabic or mandarin or cantonese or anything actually relevant

ive been waiting for them to add russian for a while but nooo, i get idiot nerd languages

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smythe posted:

pc gaming supremacy

nerd

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smythe posted:

sometimes i have trouble distinguishing ironic classism and earnest classism itf and it bothers me hehe

eat the rich, poo poo on the poor

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smythe posted:

im a low net worth individual

same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

pay a $1 safe poke fee to ensure your EMS Find Professional uses a clean needle with each IV bag

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rich libertarians aspire to be feudal lords

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ShadowHawk posted:

I'm pretty sure the bootlickers here are the ones blindly claiming local laws that prevent you from renting out your own home are somehow just.

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ultramiraculous posted:

the fact that a city near a major fault line and with scenic views of two active volcanoes is attracting a lot of tech people/yuppies is a plus in this thread, right?

the pacific northwest is good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

new tax plan: fine the poo poo out of uber drivers

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smythe posted:

remember thsoe revolution beehives that ever happened to those. it was that aussie dude and his dad?? i think? that poo poo was freakin ftw

they raised 12 million smackers

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive#/story

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beast of Bourbon posted:

that was at ubisoft, i have been in that very room.

ok so, i want to cook a big meal for the week.

I just finished off my red beans and rice from last week, not sure what to do.

Chili maybe?

lasagna

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lion-murderer-walt-palmer-has-done-more-for-conservatio-1720901473

here's a gizmodo article on why the guy who shot the lion isn't that bad and in fact poaching is good in the long run because without poachers there is no demand for animals so they'll go extinct

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jre posted:

Man did I waste my time getting that CompSci degree, all I had to do was buy a book and gently caress about doing helloWorld.py for a few months and I would have got a job no bother.

???????

http://www.infoworld.com/article/29...er-science.html

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

qirex posted:

$51 for 2 frozen steaks

a small price to pay to not have to confront crippling social anxiety

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i saw a goddamn freestanding refrigerated display of gourmet dogfood + treats at the grocery store the other day

wtf

the target near me has this, its insane

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

this animal that loves to eat literal garbage and it's own poo poo needs a special snowflake diet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it is endlessly funy to me how many californians who consider themselves to be on the left politically are against unions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smythe posted:

sorry can i ask a dumb question was sylent not pass fda or something? and also can you sell stuff 2 ppl to eat without pass a lot of legal/fda/etc? i thought health inspectors etc etc at my work we cant sell food without package etc you know... ?

it's a supplement or w/e and not subject to FDA approval

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gatorade lifehack: buy powdered gatoraid and stir it into your tap water

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in college the self-serve checkouts always had a longer line than the regular ones :shrug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the budweiser filter makes your pix more attractive

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol who would stand in line behind a robot that you could easily pick up and put in a storm drain

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you have to be some sort of weirdo if you can't enjoy a nice meal

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Chicago is pretty good but it would be a lot better if it was not in illinois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004