Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

there's a reason Amazon office windows open and if you no longer like your work situation you will find out why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

work dogs would be just fine but only at certain types of jobs
like a shop where the dog wont get in the way or some kind of creative space but not a stodgy office ever or retail or restauraunt

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

and if all else fails the diabetes dog doesn't need to be fed for up to a week after owner death :)

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i like the part of the thread where people said that laptops werent portable

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

unless you had a GRiD or an alienware or that one acer desktop replacement monstrosity with a fukken P4 in it most laptops were quite portable

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

LCD technology was hideous for a very long time tho yes

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

it seems stymie has passed the torch to sagebrush in recent weeks

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWlOxhSIKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKlc77K5dg

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

everyone who wants to see more completely transparent and insane political ads that run for 20 minutes

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Necc0 posted:

seriously. does he get pissed at his computer when he turns on an automatic slideshow w/ music and it shows his deceased grandpa?

it's really weird that you've probably put more words, care, and thought into this than the original article

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

thatd be a real dick move to canadian sorry a loss condolence

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

well hov lanes are on the wrong side of exits

hov here is on the exit side and also shares with the bus lane in many segments
but the bottlenecks are coming into the cities anyway so best case you get to wait 45 minutes 5 minutes sooner :q:

also a tunnel which is 2 lanes each way except rush hour when some gates and lights turn one lane into counterflow

it doesn't help much.

EMILY BLUNTS fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 4, 2015

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

As a Millennial I posted:

did this guy just quote and agree with himself

once (i do not remember where) i saw a poster disagree with their own post they quoted

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

qntm posted:

nasa's least impressive shuttle

it's always late, costs you more than it should, but it doesn't explode into a massive fireball so it might be their best

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i like the SUV going so fast it's only visible for 2 frames

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

teen bear posted:

blinking green in ontario means you have right of way to turn left but in BC it means the green won't change until a pedestrian pushes the button. definitely not confusing at all lol

in BC they added another little light thing, so if you have right-of-way/advance left your lights are still red BUT a blinking arrow appears at the bottom.
if it's exclusively a left turn lane another set of lights are specifically for your lane

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Shaggar posted:

a blinking green means the light is broken

that's blinking red which means "shits hosed i'm a 4 way, have fun"

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

mills are crazy, too. i can't imagine what they can do now, but even many years ago they had a computer scan logs/sheets coming in and it would decide what size and length every piece of the tree would be, and off it went down the line, pneumatic jets blowing it off and into a bin as each piece passed by the right one

and that was a tiny operation not doing anything too special

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also i like traffic circles just as long as nobody else is around because nobody knows what "yield" means or they stop inside the circle with the blinker on waiting for..... who knows

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

for the longest time i've been wanting to buy a yellow-on-black lcd from china and make a little motorcycle computer with this graphical style

if you ever get ahold of a GRiD pc you are going to have so much fun with the disks
the hard drive will be seized, the floppy will be broken, and the system won't recognize many of them, so lol

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

did you think bc doesn't have them or something?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

an extra light lights up a left arrow

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

As a Millennial I posted:

i've considered going to a hackerspace to play with some vr goggles but lol no i'm not paying for the skin infection and lice

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

it i sonly now that i noticed the cottage cheese
which is fine

just not here

it may also be mayo

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

but that could be an ok meal, if you're ok with eating the 2 uncontaminated tater tots and calling that a meal

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sniep posted:

i'll be the canned nacho cheese sauce

you mean the Wanda's Macaroni Salad?

look at the top of the garbage plate

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sniep posted:

i am and i still see macaroni salad, not cottage cheese

that's worse, somehow
a lot worse

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

malls are only really good for cosmetics, clothing, and scented products of whatever type like soaps or oils or perfume/cologne/etc

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

seems they can barely be bothered to pick up paying passengers

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the best part of soylent is that there's sites where you can share recipees for mixtures. then you just go to walmart and gnc to get the stuff

the most popular one is a GNC multivitamin pre-workout powder+some fancy grain powder. plus cacium/magnesium and if you're feeling fancy some fish oil :v:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

so most people are going to DIY with things that are pretty much already ensure powder

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Mr Dog posted:

it's me, i'm the guy who said he'd like something like a solid form of soylent way before it was a thing and still would if it was done competently

ok, talk about your soylent then we'll keep on about the food. :cheers:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

if what you think/say/do is more important than what you are
and everyone agrees that linus is a dick
and everyone has also said this
then why are we here? hmm wierd

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

how much money has he spent now? i bet he got donations
i bet he could have razed the house, bought the next lot, flattened that house, combined the lots, and built a new house with the money and time he's thrown down a expanding-foam-lined-broken-PVC drain inside this one.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also his loving website has the latest item at the bottom with "infinite scrolling"

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

actually, old houses are better.

just change "unless" to "because" and it works out

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Wordperfect 5 in a dos window will never die until the last Laserjet 4 does as well

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

didnt kixeye get into some poo poo about workplace/hiring discrimination or some kind of lovely workplace ethics thing?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the free range chicken eggs? that's been a thing forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at the farmer's market in downtown new orleans i could buy a dozen yard eggs for about $1.80

lol

oh, that. there's a neighbor a few blocks away. big lot, has chickens. you can go get eggs and you just put money in a little tube and then just bring back the carton :3:

• Locked thread