Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

Morand posted:

I will totally trade you a robot for your brimstone

Planning on buying one more Super Booster on Saturday, so I wanna see what I get then, but I think I'd be up for it if I don't pull Robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

What was in it?

War Wheel - I was hoping for Titano, Brimstone, or the SM/BM Robot, but really, all of the colossals are good, and I'm happy with any of them. I kind of see the Wheel as a generic colossal, and with the soldier keyword, can be part of a lot of interesting teams.

The event last night was a 400-point carded figures only, minimum 6 range theme (Arrowette OP Kit), with fellowship going to the best archer team. We had crummy weather and traffic, so there were only 3 of us, so we just made it a 3-way:

Team 1:
- Trickshot
- AvAs Hawkeye
- TW GF Green Arrow
- Skadi's Warbot
- Thunderbolts ATA on Hawkeye and Trickshot IIRC (Mystics, naturally)

Team 2:
- GotG Yondu
- Roy Harper
- DoFP Destiny
- Bunch of LotR archer-type pieces; Tauriel, etc.

My team:
- DP Bullseye
- A:AoU GF Hawkeye
- Kyle Rayner w/Crossbow construct

I'd been up since 5am for a work conference that was 11 hours long, so I'll blame that on my absent-mindedness - I used Kyle to carry Bullseye into the middle of the Skull Fortress map, with a few walls for coverage, and ran Hawkeye into hindering. Right away, Trickshot (who ignores hindering for targeting) moved up to hit Hawkeye, and Arrow finished him off, in the first turn. Next opponent used Roy Harper to rip up Bullseye. On my turn, I carried Bullseye over with a running shot, to get out of the middle of the map. Bullseye's prob ensured Kyle waxed Yondu, but Roy Harper and Destiny made sure Bullseye was KO'd.

The other opponent tried to creep up, but I pulled back, cleared Kyle, and gave him the Shield construct. I still made my Super Senses rolls when I needed, and it took a while to actually knock him down to his stop click. By the time my opponents realized what kind of threat Kyle was, they'd already spent too much time fighting each other. Kyle ended up circling around, wiping out Arrow and Trickshot. I should have cleared at this point, and used the Nurse to heal back to my stop click or earlier, but I moved up to start going after Roy, Destiny, and the LotR crew. Their team was whittled down, and had no move and attack left. Kyle used the Duo attack to finish up, and that was that.

Red fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 5, 2015

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

tragedyjones posted:

My immediate thought is what level of Giant Reach Red Power Battery will provide now. Also if they will errata AoU Starter Cap's trait to GR:6

I asked about the Red Battery and if there was a general default. Here's what I got back.

quote:

Hello maniacclown,

You are receiving this notification because your topic "Red Power Battery and new Giant Reach" at "Wizkids Rules!" was disapproved by a moderator or administrator.

The following reason was given for the disapproval:

The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=29&p=11842#p11842

--
Thanks, The Management

To save you clicking, the default value for X is 2.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I asked if all or any relics, resources, or special objects should be considered equipment and it got denied for "not being a rules question", so v:shobon:v

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

I asked if all or any relics, resources, or special objects should be considered equipment and it got denied for "not being a rules question", so v:shobon:v

Read: "We don't loving know, we're just posting what we're told to by people who know even less."

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

CapnAndy posted:

ManiacClown posted:

Read: "We don't loving know, we're just posting what we're told to by people who know even less."

This is the poo poo that bugs me more than anything else in this game. Can't imagine how people who actually play competitively feel.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Got my case, I'm kind of bummed by it: Vartox, Wraith, Superdoom, Atomic Skull, Krypto, Captain Atom, Batman. Besides Krypto I managed to pull the only SRs I had zero interest in, and a prime I'd already pulled (thankfully turning him into Steppenwolf). The only redeeming quality was that I pulled Solaris and Brimstone, my two top wants from the super boosters.

I probably wouldn't be so bummed if both of the cases opened for the two prereleases I attended hadn't each had two primes, Chase Superman, and all of the SRs I actually wanted (and both of them actually got six SRs).

Anyway, pardon my sad-sackness: anybody looking to trade their Brutaal, Eclipso, Faust, Mxy, or Brainiac? 😁

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
So today was 500 points do whatever. Apparently I missed the memo that the venue was going loving HARD for punisher, cause I played "A Tuesday in the Silver Age".

I ran

Titano at 250
Mr Mxyzptlk
Clark Kent
Lana Lang
Jimmy Olson
Lois Lane
Investigative Reporter
Newsboy Legion

Ended up 1-2 which was disappointing but I was only a few rolls from 2-1 and maybe even 3-0. It was very close.

Round 1 I beat a Midnight Sons team of

Jennifer Kale
Morbius
Con Strange
Hannibal King
Belt on Jennifer
ATA on all

Monkey ended up dead but not before crippling His strange and KOing Morbius. I then had all my reporters on range and hit him with every single the world must know trait I had while Clark called in superman pogs for KO.

Round 2 versus some Roc bullshit

Chase Wonder Woman
Nighthawk Prime
Rainbow Raider
Faust
OP Kit Cheshire
Fate's Helmet

Hi! I'm going to give you a -1 with rainbow raider. And if you attack anyone not named Wonder Woman you get an additional -1 attack and Damage. And because I want to twist that Knife just a little bit more you can't increase any of these decreases.

Yeah it sucked a dick. Especially when your whole strategy is "This ape is hitting you for 8 clicks". That said, I did make him absolutely bleed for the win. KOing everyone except Cheshire and Faust. I couldn't knock Cheshire off her charge with colossal retaliation and that cost me the game. If he had missed the attack though I could have had a very good shot. Surprised him with that apes mobility with Lois but I never really had a shot here. I played my rear end off and gave myself a shot but he made his rolls.

Round 3 versus

Lex Luthor
Superman from TW
Batman at 75 from TW
JL ATA on all that adds leadership.

I missed the first shot with the monkey for 8 on Superman and waited too long to push Myx. That cost me game. I hit that first shot? I've got a very good shot at winning but I missed.

If I hit and push Myx by turn 3 to lock him down while the ape pounds on him? Could have been a different game.

I won fellowship though. Kinda annoyed at a few of the teams played this week. They don't want to see me switch into F You mode. I play at this venue because it's fun but if I'm going to see Roc bullshit week in and out then I'm going to take off the kid gloves

Morand fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 9, 2015

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We had a big auction sealed tournament last night. Everybody got a bidding pool of $5, and we went through a case of SHIELD, a case of Superman/Wonder Woman, 2 Sinister, 2 Indy, and 2 Icons boosters. My plan going in was to get all the mermaids, and go from there, but after we went through one brick of Wonder Woman with just Lori and no mermaids, I had to change tactics. I bought up Dr. Demonicus, two Clarks Kent, and Hive, with the plan to flood the field with bystanders. Really wanted to add Fitz and Simmons to the team, but only one Fitz came up, and someone else was going hard for the Field Team, so I wasn't willing to pay 80 cents for him. I ended up filling in the rest of the points with the Guardian, to have some PD for the ranged colossals, and to use that special Quake on SHIELD swarms, Lori, three bystander tokens, and the Submerged feat on Hive. Big highlight of the auction was Superdoom being the first super rare pulled, and breaking the previous auction record by going for $3.60.

Round one was against the 2014 National Champion, which was a good sign, since he's terrible at the basics and only knows how to run top-level cheese. He had Vartox on the second starting line, Hat, Winter Soldier, Accountable, and a couple Hydra mooks. I won map roll, and took us to Atlantis for maximum Submerged Hive and Lori antics. I knew that he was aiming to do Hypersonic yo-yo stuff with Vartox and Hat, so I had to lure him into overextending. Batrigon carried Hive out to be bait Both the Clarks got set up with tokens, and I waited. As expected, he walked right into it... Vartox one-shotted Hive, but had to land fairly close to my starting area. Winter Soldier Outwitted Batrigon's Charge, and he was done, thinking that he was safe. So, Clark #1 pushed to go over and Outwit Winter Soldier's Outwit. Clark #2 pushed and Outwitted Vartox's defenses. and Batrigon followed it up with a big hit. Lori swam out to provide back-up. He decided to have Vartox try to flee back to his starting area, but failed both the Sidestep and the regular break away - luckily, he didn't think to just pick Phasing. He went Invincible, instead, and then had Winter Soldier roast Clark #1. I summoned Cerebus, and took advantage of the new colossal line of sight rules to KO Vartox. From there, it was just clean-up for the pog squad.

Round two was against Balls of Fury, and a random assortment of other figures. I lost the map roll, which was bad... both needed it for my team, and it's of utmost importance against that Nick. And, dice continued to not go my way, this game. I got Batrigon in position to Charge, counting on his 20 defense to hold up, but my opponent nailed the 9 he needed twice in a row, and followed it up by hitting Lori's 19 defense. When it was my turn to go on offense, and have Hive bury his force in parasites, I proceeded to roll eight 5s in a row. I actually managed a slight comeback at the very end, largely due to my opponent's generosity, and took down his entire team except for Fury, who I never managed to get off from top dial. At the start of the game, we'd joked about how Fury would only get his bonuses against the colossals if the rest of my team was dead, and that's actually what ended up happening. Kudos to my opponent for making it a fun game in spite of utterly one-sided dice.

Round three was up against a SHIELD swarm. He won map roll easily, and was about to take us to the bridge, but I had to point out that water is kind of good for me, so we went to dry land. He was very immobile, so I figured I could take my time and push my Clarks down to click 3, but that didn't end up happening. He moved a big cluster right up to just within range, so I got to summon Cerebus and Energy Explode a whole mess of them. Coulson was able to fire back, take out Cerebus and Explode a bunch of my guys, but the momentum was already on my side. I kept the Clarks on PC, actually got Hive to do something for the first time all night, and had Batrigon storm out and start squashing dudes. Once we got rid of Agent Ward and he lost his Hydra TAs, it become quite the slaughter.

I ended up as the top 2-1, which let me score Brimstone in the prize draft, who was my top pick, anyway. A very fun night of 'Clix, and I love the auction format.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

quote:

- Bring a 500pt Golden Age HeroClix force.
- Scenario Rules: Your team should represent characters that fought together in some sort of comic, tv show, movie, theme park ride, video game, whatever. Characters that make narrative sense together. If these characters are not already a named-keyword theme team, they will be treated as such for this event.
- No non-character game elements (besides standard objects) or characters bigger than 1x2 may be used.
- Maps for this event are limited to 2’x3’ WizKids HeroClix maps with modern color terrain boundary markings.

There are a lot of ideas I have, but it's always a challenge to get close to 500.

Things I'm thinking of doing:

- Marvel vs. Capcom: Random smattering of Marvel people with some Street Fighter guys.
- Punisher arcade game villains: Tough to fill out - I don't have any Maggia Goons, who would be perfect here. I'm pretty sure TESS-One is the same thing as Guardroid, right?
- Avengers arcade game villains: Sentinel, Juggernaut, Crossbones, Red Skull, Klaw, Whirlwind, Grim Reaper - should be easy to fill out.
- Deadpool's wedding party (minus Deadpool and *-pools, since I can't use Word Balloons): Cable, Captain America, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Rocket Raccoon. Might be fun, but not especially exciting without DP.
- Winter Soldier movie villains (Winter Soldier, Pierce, Sitwell, Zola, etc.): Eh, Pierce doesn't work so well as-is, and this would be like 12 pieces.
- Bunch of (Marvel) villains from any prison breakout story: I feel like I could run this any time.
- Acts of Vengeance: Kingpin, Doom, etc. would be easy to fill, and should be competitive. However, it would be a good excuse to run Graviton, Titania, Paste-Pot Pete, and the Brothers Grimm as a theme team.

Thoughts?

Red fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 10, 2015

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Did 1000 point Golden Age and ran 1000 points of Rogues.

Did surprisingly well against a Purple Lantern team full of entities - Eclipso possessing Krona and Jocasta possessing Future Ultron as well as Purple Entity Thing possessing Captain Atom, and also Red Lantern Spectre. My dice were hot, and Girder survived three probs to nail an Outwitted Captain Atom for 7 with an Ultra Heavy after The Top had pinged him a little, and then Trickster pushed to finish him off, and I was able to survive until time to win.

Second round was against a Quinjet and Avengers Prime and Shieldy dudes. Prime picked up Mjolnir and there's another Thor piloting the Quinjet threatening to hit hard. Thankfully, Rainbow Raider is making people easier to hit, and I move Captain Cold into position to Outwit Prime, taking a PB shot as an afterthought, not expecting to hit, but the pump-up from Golden Glider made it hit for four straight, then Outwitted, and when the Top pushed up to flurry and token him, hitting hard, too. Then, next round, Mirror Master rolls a 10 on the Cosmic Treadmill to remove tokens from the whole team, meaning the Top can finish off Prime before it does anything at all, and Girder beats the snot out of the Quinjet and everything is jake.

Third round, though, ended too soon, against a Justice League team with the SupaBatBot, Luthor, Atom, Supes and Wondy. He bum rushed me pretty quickly, threw me off my game, and preserving Fiddler's defend caused me to burn about 5 of my 12 probs and token myself up to save myself from Bot. He was able to take out Top, and my dice went cold, missing all my attacks by exactly one, even with Rainbow Raiders help. Time was called after I cleared, and my next turn could have really turned it around, but as it was, I lost Top and that was that. Boo.

Next time is 1000 points Golden Age Bizarro. I never play Bizarro games, and I already know one kid is planning to play The Flashes. Trying to decide what's a good theme team to play.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Today was my final AoU, several weeks delayed because the shop's been getting stuff super late. My boosters were rear end, so I gambled on a very simple Avengers team in the hopes that raw power would make up for lack of better options:

Thor @ 200
Wonder Man @ 120
Ant-Man
Round Table w/Spectrum & Lvl 7 (Mockingbird)

Round 1 vs another Avengers: War Machine, Giant Man @ 100, Iron Fist. He moved behind blocking, I moved out Thor and positioned the others for theme probs. He considered pushing but new how quickly Rhodes dropped off and decided to clear, and I went for a big opening strike to EE Giant Man and tag the other two, missing by one 😑 He jumped over with Iron Fist and missed by one, then sniped all three with War Machine and missed by one, twice. Wonder Man tried to smack Giant Man and missed by one, at which point we agreed our dice were cursed and both switched out. Subsequently, Thor got off a shot on Rhodes, Hank walloped Simon to his stop click, and Scott called Mockingbird in to pop Iron Fist into the open air and basically remove him from the match long enough for his compatriots to fall. It was close but I only gave up that one ID card, though both my main attackers were last click.

Round 2 vs Presence, Yellowjacket, Tigra, White Tiger. Lots of dancing for a long while as he built tokens on Presence and stayed out of range of Thor, until finally he landed in a spot where he either had to push to overextend and attack or face a potential huge shot my next turn. He risked the push but failed the attack, and couldn't get Presence far enough to avoid a 1-2 hit from Thor and Mockingbird for a KO. His minions clustered around Thor and started wailing on him, but at a clutch moment Thor Sidestepped up a building and called Jane to heal him up, then blasted the opposition and scattered them as time was called, again only losing the one card.

Round 3 vs Blue Marvel, Luke Cage, Ultron-14 drone and Luke ID card. He moved out but didn't account for the ID cards when he figured he was safely out of range, so I summoned Mockingbird, had her boost Thor's damage, then sniped Blue Marvel for 5 with some splash onto Luke. Luke moved up, I shut down Willpower with Scott and the drone sidled closer. Luke ran up and smacked Simon to his stop click, but missed the shot on Ant-Man with the drone, and plopped Marvel between Thor and Wonder Man then Perplexed down Simon's attack. I'd forgotten about the Mighty Avengers trait so even with Thor's 11 I needed an 8 to hopefully get rid of Perplex do Simon could do a sizable chunk of damage, but sadly Thor missed. Simon needed a 9 to do anything meaningful but I rolled for the heck of it, getting 11 and smacking Marvel off the board. Luke and Ultron tried to chip away at Wonder Man, but he was having none of it, and (after having gotten to replenish the level 7 ID card) Mockingbird Quaked Luke into position to be shot b Thor for game.

A much more rewarding win for the Quinjet than simply being the only guy to show up, and I bought myself a congratulatory SM/WW booster and pulled Green Light, so all in all not a bad night for clix. So anybody have a chase Brainiac they're looking to unload? 😄

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

- Bring a 500pt Golden Age HeroClix force.
- Scenario Rules: Your team should represent characters that fought together in some sort of comic, tv show, movie, theme park ride, video game, whatever. Characters that make narrative sense together. If these characters are not already a named-keyword theme team, they will be treated as such for this event.
- No non-character game elements (besides standard objects) or characters bigger than 1x2 may be used.
- Maps for this event are limited to 2’x3’ WizKids HeroClix maps with modern color terrain boundary markings.

So I'm going to do the villains from the animated Spider-Man Secret Wars episodes:

GG019 Dr. Doom - 169
WoS Dr. Octopus - 121
GotG Red Skull - 120
ASM Lizard - 88
Total: 498

Ock has the Sinister TA, while Doom has the Minions of Doom TA, so Doom can use the Sinister TA as needed. However, Ock has the trait:

quote:

SINISTER MASTERMIND: Friendly characters adjacent to Dr. Octopus with the Sinister Syndicate team ability can't have their speed or attack powers countered.

I'm guessing since Doom's wild card TA doesn't let him possess the Sinister TA, he doesn't get this benefit - correct?

VVVVV Edit VVVVV: Ah, fooey. I guess Doom wouldn't want the help anyway.

Red fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 11, 2015

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

So I'm going to do the villains from the animated Spider-Man Secret Wars episodes:

GG019 Dr. Doom - 169
WoS Dr. Octopus - 121
GotG Red Skull - 120
ASM Lizard - 88
Total: 498

Ock has the Sinister TA, while Doom has the Minions of Doom TA, so Doom can use the Sinister TA as needed. However, Ock has the trait:

I'm guessing since Doom's wild card TA doesn't let him possess the Sinister TA, he doesn't get this benefit - correct?

Given that "with" has typically been interpreted as implying possession, I'd say you're correct.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2015/1...finest-figures/

quote:

Hillside, NJ —November 12, 2015 – In the upcoming DC Comics HeroClix: World’s Finest release from WizKids, Superman and Batman team up to battle evil. As part of this exciting launch, WizKids is offering stores and players a chance to get their hands on the new set weeks early by hosting and participating in special in-store pre-release events.

Leading up to the release of the launch of the DC Comics HeroClix: World’s Finest set, stores can sign up and schedule their events via the WizKids Event System (WES). Players, also via the WES, can find local stores and participate in these organized play events. Selected participating stores will receive an allotment of World’s Finest figures to offer players during these pre-release tournaments. Additionally, they will receive a selection of Limited Edition (LE) figures to add to the prize pool.

DC Comics HeroClix: World’s Finest Pre-Release Events will be invite-only for selected stores utilizing the WES. It is not too late for stores to be considered for the program. Store selection will begin in December, and will be based on store WES participation, usage and sales history. Stores interested in participating in this, and other great WizKids’ events, are encouraged to register in the WES to participate in existing programs and start building their store’s participation history today.

The DC Comics HeroClix: World’s Finest set features heroes and villains from the Superman/Batman comics as well as three major sub-themes of the Metal Men, the misfit heroes of the Doom Patrol and a mystical sub-theme that includes well-known magic users such as Jason Blood as well as a collection of generic magic/supernatural characters such as witches, warlocks, apprentices and demons.
For more information, visit: http://wizkids.com/heroclix/worldsfinestprerelease/

Neat, but I feel like I'm drowning in product right now.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

When does World's Finest drop, anyway? I'd really like to have some time to just play the figures I've got and not have to keep doing sealed.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

When does World's Finest drop, anyway? I'd really like to have some time to just play the figures I've got and not have to keep doing sealed.

Release date is currently marked as February 10th. I doubt that'll end up being the final date, though... they tend to put out product on the first Wednesday of the month, not the second.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I think Ninja Turtles is out in January, too.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

Release date is currently marked as February 10th. I doubt that'll end up being the final date, though... they tend to put out product on the first Wednesday of the month, not the second.

Add 2-3 weeks for shipping delays or whatever and that'll be the real date

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Does anyone have a brimstone for trade? Would you like a titano or Superman/Batman robot?

Message me! I must have him for my Apokolips army!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Future Foundation Reed Richrards LE replaces the normal Fantastic Four TA with his funky version that makes people take extra action tokens as punishment for dealing more than 2 damage to them.

FUTURE FOUNDATION: Friendly characters possessing the Fantastic Four team ability can't use that team ability. Instead, they can use the following team ability: FUTURE FOUNDATION TA: When a character using this team ablility takes 2 or more damage from an opponent's attack, give the attacking character an action token after actions resolve. If you can't, deal them 1 unavoidable damage.

If I add Doom to that Future Foundation team, can he wildcard Reed's alternate TA or does he just wildcard the normal one, even though the rest of the team can't use it?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Steve Vader posted:

If I add Doom to that Future Foundation team, can he wildcard Reed's alternate TA or does he just wildcard the normal one, even though the rest of the team can't use it?

Amusingly, Doom would be able to copy either one. Wild cards copy team abilities that a figure possesses, rather than what they can use, so Reed saying that people 'cannot use' the original TA wouldn't stop Doom from copying it. Granted, it wouldn't help him, since nobody else would have it, but he could take it. And, since there's nothing in Reed's new TA that says it cannot be copied, any wild card could copy it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

Amusingly, Doom would be able to copy either one. Wild cards copy team abilities that a figure possesses, rather than what they can use, so Reed saying that people 'cannot use' the original TA wouldn't stop Doom from copying it. Granted, it wouldn't help him, since nobody else would have it, but he could take it. And, since there's nothing in Reed's new TA that says it cannot be copied, any wild card could copy it.

No, you can only copy a TA a character possesses. He says they "can use" the altered team ability. "Can use" != possess. Therefore, Doom would only be able to copy the standard TA.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So he couldn't actually use the original TA because everyone else on the team possesses it but can't use it, and it requires other team members to be using it in order to work?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Steve Vader posted:

So he couldn't actually use the original TA because everyone else on the team possesses it but can't use it, and it requires other team members to be using it in order to work?

Technically-speaking, he can use it because other friendly characters possess it even if they can't use it. However, it would be like only one character having Defenders or Batman Enemy in that it wouldn't end up doing jack for him. He'd need at least one other wild card to copy it for either to benefit from it.

January 2014 Player's Guide posted:

When a character using the Fantastic Four team ability is KO’d, each other friendly character using the Fantastic Four team ability may be healed of 1 damage. If all remaining characters using the team ability are KO’d as part of the same action, this team ability can’t be used.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Does anyone have a brimstone for trade? Would you like a titano or Superman/Batman robot?

Message me! I must have him for my Apokolips army!

I'll offer a batman chase as well. Who wants to trade?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alas, I only have the Atom and am in need of the War Wheel.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Quicksilver

quote:

FAST ENOUGH TO TRY AGAIN: Quicksilver can use Probability Control, but only to reroll his own rolls.

So if you slap a Decoy construct on him, can Quicksilver prob his own Shape Change roll?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Quicksilver

So if you slap a Decoy construct on him, can Quicksilver prob his own Shape Change roll?

No, because he uses Prob to reroll things, and Prob says that you can only reroll your dice on your turn. If you somehow wind up getting attacked on your own turn (by, say, someone who has a Blood In The Eyes token off of Dex-Starr), then you'd be able to.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Grammar Aryan posted:

No, because he uses Prob to reroll things, and Prob says that you can only reroll your dice on your turn. If you somehow wind up getting attacked on your own turn (by, say, someone who has a Blood In The Eyes token off of Dex-Starr), then you'd be able to.

That's what I figured - but - if it's a Blue Decoy, and I have a Blue Ring and Battery, I can use the emotional spectrum to re-roll it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

That's what I figured - but - if it's a Blue Decoy, and I have a Blue Ring and Battery, I can use the emotional spectrum to re-roll it.

There, yes, but that's true of any character you slap that combo on.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I got to bust out a 1000 Apokolips team in a four player game today:

300 Slosh Darkseid
150 Kalibak
Steppenwolf
175 Brutaal
75 Brimstone
Sm/Ww Parademon x2
Batb Parademon x2

The aggressiveness of this team was just insurmountable; my opening 1-2 punch was Darkseid moving out to blast Shivatron, who subsequently got his defense countered and walloped by Kalibak, who was then down to only one token. Kalibak remained my star as he tore through the opposing force every turn with a perpetual +3 attack and always removing tokens, that guy becomes an absolute engine of destruction with Brutaal, steppenwolf, and his papa. Brutaal did his best but dice were not his friends, as he crit missed his first attack and somehow flubbed his 14 attack follow-up the next turn; he did handily divert Ultron Swarm attention from the rest of my team though. Steppenwolf didn't do much just because he lacks the move and attack to engage quickly; I tried to keep Parademons nearby to keep him safe but it was a moot point as he never got attacked anyway. Brimstone made prodigious use of his Fireballs, chucking them down hallways and loving up drones and soldiers left and right. Darkseid did what he does, and spent the game one-shotting peons.

Ultimately I came out victorious, only taking two crit misses and a bit on Kalibak before he splattered them. Apok is a hoot of a team.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

500 Points anything goes yesterday. Since last time I was out at the venue I saw some competitive stuff I decided to up the ante a bit and played a soldier theme.

Balls of Fury
General Lane
Jason of Sparta
Ultron Phalanx Drone
Red Son Superman at 175
The Atom at 15
AOU FF Captain America at 50
Shield Level 7 with Winter Soldier
Hawkeye with AVAS Hawkeye

I really didn't need to play something this mean.

Round 1 versus

Fantomex
Weapon X Scentist
Deadpool
Wolverine and X-23

Weapon X theme.

I lost map roll and ended up on the DOFP map with the graves and elevation. Opponent moved Fantomex and popped out Eva. He otherwise stayed in his starting area. I moved phalanx to give him a token, then carried lane, Nick, and the drone to within 12 of his starting area and said he couldn't target me. Eva moved and he cleared. I did a sidestep and pushed the drone to call for help and brought in Winter Solider. Using the inspiration I shielded up Nick to a 12. He took away Fantomex's senses and outwitted his shape change and hit for 5. Winter soldier took a shot on dead pool. He did a dual shot with Fantomex through Eva and KO'd my drone and hit Jason for 1. Dead pool healed while wolvie and X-23 hid back. I did a colossal retaliation and KO'd Fantomex and hurt his scientist. Superman did a HSS shot to KO the scientist. Dead pool KO'd my colossal, superman did a 7 damage ultra heavy hit on wolverine and X-23. Cap made Nick move up half and Nick finished them off. Deadpool fell soon after.

Round 2 versus

SM/WW Main set Green Lantern
Accountable
Red Tornado
Main set Dr. Fate
Hawkgirl

Wonders of the World theme.

Lost map roll again. Ended up on a FI map I think. I did my move and not target trick with Jason and made sure to be in Range of anywhere he could go. He did a TK/RS with GL and KO'd my colossal. The drone called for help and Winter Soldier came in. Between Soldier, Superman, and Nick his GL was KO'd, brought back, and KO'd again. Red Tornado lost her outwit and sidestep. Accountable outwitted the invuln on my drone and hawk girl KO'd him. Nick went for a 4 damage shot on tornado but missed both shots. Hawk girl took a shot on my general but wasn't able to KO him and red tornado moved into range. I ran away with Jason carrying. We both cleared. He had fate give everyone a plus one attack and did a TK/RS with hawk girl on Nick but I hit shape change and he hit Jason for 3 instead. Nick did 4 back and she was out. Superman then took out Red Tornado and Dr. Fate alone couldn't do it

Round 3 versus
Red Son Superman at full points with a utility belt
Captain Atom with Justice League ATA
Eclipso (Linked to atom)
Bruce Wayne

Before anyone says anything, this is not a theme and I immediately pointed out that he couldn't have an ATA and my opponent self dq'd himsef as he'd not remembered the theme ruling. So I won before I rolled. We decided to play it out for grins.

I then finally won map roll and tossed us on Ryut. I could give a long blow by blow here but once I tossed him there, Nick just dominated the game. With watchers eye and outwit superman loses HSS and Atom his RS ever turn you are in my range and his team is just neutered when that happens. Also this guy loves the poo poo out of that utility belt and plays it every week but honestly has the worst luck with it at least against me. He rarely hits a plus 2 and if he does he misses the attack or I hit him anyway. This happened to his superman with Winter Soldier getting that first shot off when he didn't have a bonus (after Nick took away farming exile and invincible) for 3, and Nick following up for 5 more. That wasn't enough to put him on regen but it was enough to severely tone him down. He came for me and even managed to get on a plus 2, but missed against Hawkeye when he just needed a 5. He did sneak down and nail my colossal with atom but that was it.

I'll be nicer next week, it's a much more fun format.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Having never played ROC/Nationals or any serious clix tournament before, what should I expect when that time rolls around?

I would assume people are polite, but people are pretty much of the "once your hand leaves the character sculpt, the move is done" and so forth philosophy. Am I right in that assumption?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Red posted:

Having never played ROC/Nationals or any serious clix tournament before, what should I expect when that time rolls around?

I would assume people are polite, but people are pretty much of the "once your hand leaves the character sculpt, the move is done" and so forth philosophy. Am I right in that assumption?
First off, keep this in the forefront of your mind at all times: This is not a local game where friends are relaxing by playing HeroClix. This is a tournament. You don't know these people, they don't know you, and everyone came here to win. They are going to play the nastiest, cheesiest, you-have-no-chanciest team they could think up. Do the same, or you're going to get rolled on.

That said, yes, people will generally be polite. In my experience, the player pool of HeroClix is generally very nice people. But not allowing takebacks is honestly the least of it. They are going to follow the rules exactly. Declare your free actions. Declare all your powers as you activate them. If you have RS/PB and just declare the running shot, they're not going to take penetrating damage from the shot because you never said you were using the psychic blast, and they'll be right to do so, because it's optional. Stuff like that. Oh, and they will volunteer no information, and only answer the questions they're required to. Any powers currently active and all their character cards are public information, everything else is not. "Can anyone on your force use Perplex right now" is a valid question. "Does that guy have a stop click" is not. "Can I see that guy's card" is (so ask that instead and look to see if a stop click is among the listed powers). Also, be drat sure you bring cards for all your characters. A character without a card has no keywords and no special powers, traits, or improved anything.

Also, do everything I just mentioned against your opponents. Give them nothing they're not entitled to, and if they're screwing up, keep your mouth closed and let them screw up.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 23, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I don't have anything to add except to say Andy hit the nail on the head. I was a complete rules rear end in a top hat at worlds. I expected nothing less from my opponents

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 points. BrIng 2 teams from 2 different universes. At the beginning of the game roll 2 die winner chooses what team they want to play and you must play a team not in the same universe.

I did Marvel and DC because I am lazy.

Marvel was Hydra

Baron Strucker
Imperial Hydra
Wolverine Agent of Hydra
Hydra Section Chief
Agent H
3 X Hydra Recruits
2 X Hydra field Agents
1 Hydra annihilate-agent
Hand ATA on Wolverine

DC was Secret Society of Supervillans.

Dr. Psycho
Gentleman Ghost
3 Mirror Masters
Captain Cold
Turtle
Monster Society of Evil on Gentleman Ghost

Round 1 my opponent won team choice and chose to play his DC squad which was:

Batman from the Batman FF
Captain Gordon
DC 75th Deadshot
SM/WW Huntress
AA Joker
AA Two-Face

I won map roll and chose the Prison. Very slow game as opponent was very reluctant to come at my giant blob. Eventually I got a charge on his Joker with Wolverine and put a grunt in a deliberately good place for him to fire at and he took the bait which gave everyone a plus one and removed a token from Wolverine. A grunt killed Joker and wolverine hit two face for 5. Other grunts killed huntress and opponent pulled back. The rout was on though and I was able to get everything except Deadshot.

Round 2 I won map roll and chose DC as I knew my opponent was playing a TW Martian Manhunter on his DC squad and I just didn't want to deal with it since he starts with precision strike which if he's smart is my Kryptonite.

He pulled out his Marvel Squad which was

GOTG Thanos
I.S.S.A.C.
Terraxia

Well, entire team minus Cold and Turtle all take a click. I won map roll and chose the black mercy map from WOL.

I moved out slow with cold being carried by one sidestepping Mirror Master and the other 2 each carrying the other. Gentlemen Ghost spawned a vengeful ghost and carried the Doc. The ghost moved as well to be mastermind fodder.

Opponent moved down with Issac carrying Thanos, deliberately pushing to do so. Terraxia followed and perplexed Thanos' defense up. I did something here which I thought was remarkably clever. I perplexed up Cold's range twice with Mirror Master and Ghost and had one mirror master sidestep twice while carrying him to another mirror master who then sidestepped 2 more and put me 8 away from his team. I then dropped an ice block on his squad and tied them all up. My team cleared. He tried to break with Thanos and failed. I moved up the masters and got psycho in range of Thanos perplexing down his attack. He actually broke from my block and took a shot on a master but missed. Psycho then hit his Thanos for 4 which became 2 because of invincible. From here it was all ice blocks all day and psycho repeatedly perplexing Thanos Into uselessness while also psyblasting him. Gradually wore him down and once Thanos fell the rest of his team didn't have a shot.

Round 3 I lost team choice and my opponent chose to play DC

He had

SM/WW Superman at 150
Flash GF Barry Flash
200 point Batman

I won map and chose the prison again. A very bad positioning mistake by my opponent cost him batman and the swarm was on after that. Lost some recruits but there's not much to report.

First time I managed to play new Hydra. I was quite impressed with them. Also impressed with Dr. Psycho. Never got a chance to pull off the mnid control movement tricks I had in mind when building the team but overall it worked pretty well.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Red posted:

I don't really have anything to add to what Andy and Morand already said, but from a slightly different angle, the best advice I can give you is: be nice and courteous, but don't gently caress yourself.

If a mess-up on your opponent's part puts you in an advantageous position, then that's too bad on them, and you should take advantage of it--don't allow them to take it back. I promise you that I had to learn the hard way that you won't remember feeling like a dick for a second when you win, but you will remember regretting letting an opponent take back a move when they turn it around and win.

Basically, you're there to win--and you don't have to be a dick to win, but just be aware that being overly nice is just playing with a handicap for no reason.

The huge huge caveat to that is that I think the HARDCORE ZONE begins once the game does; if an opponent realizes they don't have a card too late or something that might *technically* disqualify them, then I think the golden rule applies if the game hasn't even started. I can't speak for you, but I reckon you're there to play, and I don't think any champion in any sport likes winning by forfeit.

Edit: OH just thought of another one that you might not think about if you only ever play at your local store with coolbros: don't ever, ever, ever ever take your opponent's word about a rule. Always ask a judge always if you have a question. You're gonna get some grief and eye-rolls from rear end in a top hat people, especially if it's a "simple" power interaction or something that just slipped your mind, but gently caress them. Always get a judge to rule, and don't be afraid to ask for a ruling on whatever you want.

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 30, 2015

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This coming weekend is 900 Golden, single-universe. So far I've got two ideas, both Lanterns. I'd run Midnight Sons but I can't hit 900 without reusing characters. How good do these look?
pre:
WOL054	Morro		123
WOL013b	Tomar Tu	99
	↑ Stop Sign	8
GL001	G'nort		70
FFGL005	Guardian of	150
	the Universe
FFGL004	Sinestro	100
GLGF003	Kilowog		145
WOL022	Katma Tui	117
***ATA	Green Lantern	35
	Honor Guard
WOLR100	Green Battery	2
	Green Ring	8
	Shield		8
	Wall		10
	Bulldozer	4
	Decoy		6
	Spotlight	6
	Scissors	8
--------------------------
		Total:	899
Theme: Green Lantern Corps
Morro will either be ignored until it's too late or get focus fire straight off the bat. I figure Kilowog gets the Scissors, Tomar Tu gets the Bulldozer to work with his Pulse Wave, Sinestro gets the Shield (making a 22 Defense at range), Guardian of the Universe gets the Spotlight, and whatever from there. No feats, but a good, solid beatdown.

pre:
FFLOD002 Bizarro	275
WOL060	↑ Black Hand	25
WOL008	Black Lantern
	Reanimate	35
WOL048	Firestorm	140
WOL058	Galius Zed	150
**FEAT	↑And Stay Down!	6
WOL034	Aquaman		129
WOL021	Lyssa Drak	91
WOLR108	Black Battery	2
	Black Ring	6
	Scissors	8
	Mallet		4
	Decoy		6
**FEAT	Rip It Up	20
--------------------------
		Total:	897
Theme: Black Lantern Corps
This team uses the trick I've wanted to use for a while: FFLOD Bizarro with Rip It Up. He gets the Scissors so he can hit for 8 with Exploit Weakness, Galius Zed gets the Mallet for Quaking with Steal Energy, and Firestorm gets the Decoy because boy howdy, does he need the defensive bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Hey, I saw this Abominable Snowman WK LE up on HCRealms. Is that an OP kit prize somehow, or what? (Edit: Apparently yes, it is.)

Also, it turns out that in addition to 1st place and Fellowship this week's 900-point single-universe Golden event has a "most creative team" prize. I may want to go for that if I can come up with something good that's feasible using elements only from all Marvel, all DC, all Pacific Rim, etc. The only idea I have so far is "gay characters" but I don't know if I can pull off 900 points of that from one universe.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 1, 2015

• Locked thread