Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Bought Shadow of Mordor. Why is the installation file so big. How am I gonna fit all this poo poo on my SSD? I wonder if I can just move poo poo I'm not using over to the hard drive until I want to use it or something.

Like seriously 37 loving gigabytes, what the Christ. Why would I want to download literally every loving audio file in every language this drat thing was dubbed in?

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SunAndSpring posted:

I've got a good graphics card now, but I now have no idea what to play with it. Is FFXIV any good? Or how about Shadow of Mordor?

FF14 is good but it is also an MMO with just about all that that entails, so.

Shadow of Mordor is baller without caveat though

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

FF14 is good but it is also an MMO with just about all that that entails, so.

Shadow of Mordor is baller without caveat though

SoM does look pretty easy, but gently caress it, I've been playing STALKER all week, I could take a break from difficulty.

Now I just gotta figure out how to transfer poo poo from my SSD to my hard drive.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Bought Shadow of Mordor. Why is the installation file so big. How am I gonna fit all this poo poo on my SSD?

Why would you?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

KoldPT posted:

Why would you?

Trust us: It's worth it. Hell, Wolfenstein:TNO was 44GB, and drat near everybody loved that game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

Like seriously 37 loving gigabytes, what the Christ. Why would I want to download literally every loving audio file in every language this drat thing was dubbed in?

Does that game do it? I think companies have been realizing it's dumb and it seems to be disabled in a lot of cases on PC unless you explicitly set things in motion (e.g. set game to English, fully download it, change game to some other language and it then downloads the asset files needed for that while keeping the English so you can switch between them). A ton of games are legit that size now, and annoyingly for a gaming PC unless you're super-vigilant about only playing a few games at a time you pretty much need a traditional hard drive as a secondary drive. A few larger games are even weirdly designed to mitigate SSD advantages; Titanfall doesn't start a match until everyone is loaded and there's a "dropship arrival" sort of cutscene at the beginning of each match which is what people with fast-loading SSD's get to see more off. Just as well since the game is like 60 gigs because they decided all the audio should be converted to PCM uncompressed files for performance reasons.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In the spirit of the new year I made a thread for everyone to share cool tips for helping out gaming bros in co-op games and stuff:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690905

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eye of Widesauron posted:

In the spirit of the new year I made a thread for everyone to share cool tips for helping out gaming bros in co-op games and stuff:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690905

Thank you. I was feeling very upset with the griefer thread, and I like that there is something now to counterbalance it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you should've bought DA:I instead of shadow of mordor guy, SOM is really really easy and gets boring v quickly

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I thought about buying SoM but it looks like one of those trap games goons really like but that I get bored of one hour in.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I thought about buying SoM but it looks like one of those trap games goons really like but that I get bored of one hour in.

yes it is literally this yes.

scraps69
Dec 28, 2014

Stux posted:

you should've bought DA:I instead of shadow of mordor guy, SOM is really really easy and gets boring v quickly

I'd actually recommend South Park Stick of Truth. After that shitbox DA2 I am staying well away from that. Also Witcher 3.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Yeah you should play fun games like wildstarbound

scraps69
Dec 28, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

Yeah you should play fun games like wildstarbound

Pretty game. I got bored of Wild star pretty quickly though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

scraps69 posted:

I'd actually recommend South Park Stick of Truth. After that shitbox DA2 I am staying well away from that. Also Witcher 3.

southwark game is a game about south park so is instantly utter trash on the level of family guy game. new dragon age is extremely good and fun.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Stux posted:

Why would I ever buy something made by EA?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Why would I ever buy something made by EA?

because its a good game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sorry, I only give my money to Noble Multinational Corporation of the Light Valve instead of Evil Empire Electronic Arts. In addition, I am eight years old and like it when the train goes really fast like chugga chugga choo choo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Sorry, I only give my money to Noble Multinational Corporation of the Light Valve instead of Evil Empire Electronic Arts. In addition, I am eight years old and like it when the train goes really fast like chugga chugga choo choo.

where does time warner fit into this

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh hey I'd like to add my steam ID into the fray: http://steamcommunity.com/id/firefox357/

THE PENETRATOR posted:

follow me on twitter, instagram, youtube, google groups, livejournal , myspace, tumblr, steam ; http://steamcommunity.com/id/stroggslayer420/

ullerrm posted:

Always down for more people to play with. http://steamcommunity.com/id/UllerRM

Cyra posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Frequent_Fly3r I invite any Imps or other peeps to add me, I like having my feed filled with silly screenshots

Widestancer is my Steam as well. I'm up for some Worms Armageddon sometime that sounds badass.

Adam Bowen posted:

What's your steam?

I agree with Great Joe, worms with goons sounds awesome

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fiwer if anyone wants to play some loving video games, I own a bunch and I'm down to buy whatever if some people want to play
Alright, I added all y'all. Since everyone's an admin in it, we might as well use the Imp Zone group to issue out announcements for games. :) Sound good?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Stux posted:

southwark game is a game about south park so is instantly utter trash on the level of family guy game. new dragon age is extremely good and fun.

whats it like to have criminally bad opinions

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

whats it like to have criminally bad opinions

south park is dumb poo poo for children i am sorry if you like dumb poo poo for children but please feel free to go sit with the other fedoraed children in the corner and talk about the dumb poo poo for children that you like.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you look for FactsAreUseless on steam there's two results, one of them is me.

Edit: they're both me but one is inactive.

Edit 2: I'm basically never on anyway.

Dude add me id is arfjason put it at the end of a steamcommunity link

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stux posted:

south park is dumb poo poo for children i am sorry if you like dumb poo poo for children but please feel free to go sit with the other fedoraed children in the corner and talk about the dumb poo poo for children that you like.

Im not a fan of south park havent watched a.minute of it since i was 16 but jesus christ you sound like biggest thickest fag at the.marlboro factory

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Im not a fan of south park havent watched a.minute of it since i was 16 but jesus christ you sound like biggest thickest fag at the.marlboro factory

"i hate this dumb show heh i haven't watched it even since i was a child because its trash...... but *puts on shades* please don't say its bad"

also don't use that word thank.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stux posted:

"i hate this dumb show heh i haven't watched it even since i was a child because its trash...... but *puts on shades* please don't say its bad"

also don't use that word thank.

I dont hate.south park? Where did i say i hated it. Even i can tell the game is a fun paper mario clone. Shame about your untreatable faggotry btw hahaha

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

jesus loving christ this is retarded and faggoty. seriously stux you're a goddamn idiot

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't like the f word because I am sjw as hell but Stux you're a real poo poo poster.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
As someone not interested in a next gen system yet but still interested in Dragon Age Inquisition, how is the 360 version?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Even if you don't like South Park the game is fun & funny.sorry haters

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

As someone not interested in a next gen system yet but still interested in Dragon Age Inquisition, how is the 360 version?

I've heard bad things but I suspect it's the kind of thing you can deal with if you accept that it's a 360 game.

Note that it's only available on disc (no digital edition) and it requires a hard drive (you can't use USB storage for the install) and a 7.2 gig install.

PS3 version is available digitally if that's an option for you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stick of Truth is a great game and is worth playing even if you're not a fan of the series itself. The mechanics are fun and easy to pick up and it stands as a good game on its own.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stick of Truth is a great game and is worth playing even if you're not a fan of the series itself. The mechanics are fun and easy to pick up and it stands as a good game on its own.
It's way better than the show has been in a long time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

But the game is probelmatic and mysoginisyic because cartman says that kyles.mom is a big fat bitch

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

But the game is probelmatic and mysoginisyic because cartman says that kyles.mom is a big fat bitch

quote:

It takes six days to create an episode of South Park. The video game has taken three years. Plagued by delays, The Stick Of Truth is finally out today, but is Matt Stone happy?

No, because it’s been censored in Europe. A total of seven scenes involving abortion and anal probing have been removed, which gives you some indication of just how far he and Trey Parker have gone to ensure you – in the words of the theme song – have yourself a time.

‘We weren’t going to change the content, so we’ve written little cards to explain what is going on, what they’ve censored, and made a joke out of it,’ says Stone.

If they actually have little cards explaining an anal probe for EU gamers then lol.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

If they actually have little cards explaining an anal probe for EU gamers then lol.

Australia has similar censor screens, but with a crying Koala.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

Goon: huh? Does that cup have fingers... and a ring? Is it :stare: the goatman!? :golfclap: i tip my hat, goonsire, kirk johnson ftw *turns to camera, suddenly is shaq* anal probing is a serious issue. Lets lobby against south park stick of truth. Its.also unfunny and crass.
Me in morph ball mode being dribbled around: hurrr durrr im a dumb.human being south park ftw *gets dunked into the hoop*

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Kins posted:

They should have taken 3DRealms' approach and release a free patch to de-censor the Wal-mart editions of their DOS shooters. :v:

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

univbee posted:

They should have taken 3DRealms' approach and release a free patch to de-censor the Wal-mart editions of their DOS shooters. :v:

"They" are the ones who censored it. In an interview PEGI (EU ratings people) had no idea why the content was changed - both versions got the same rating. AFAIK the pc version is uncut anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Europeans would choke on the taste of freedom exported directly from :911: so a bit of censorship is necessary

• Locked thread