Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VII are the three games I try to replay every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Widestancer posted:

I'm Widestancer on steam

Feel free to add me.

That goes for other people; if you have like steam level 1 or 0 and only one game let me know on here that you added me so I don't think you're some weird spambot.

I've been getting a lot of those lately, anyone else?

Added you. JGBeagle on steam.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Shindragon posted:

Get out. Ban this poster.

:agreed:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Been playing the early demo of Sled Dog Saga that I helped kickstart a year or so ago. Pretty fun so far.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hog Inspector posted:

fear was fun but i wish it had been scary too. the only atmosphere i remember was 'office building at night'

The Fear demo was scarier than the actual game. I remember my friends and I freaking the gently caress out over that demo.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

hubris.height posted:

assassin's creed is deffo not for anyone.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
In 5th grade I brought the Legend of Zelda OoT strategy guide to reading period. How else was I supposed to take the time to figure out the Water Temple?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Austrian mook posted:

Try using your brain maybe?

I was a 10 year old kid; that was asking much.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I have legit had some rage issues with games ever since playing the first Trauma Center. I got as far as the final epilogue level with the dual spider viruses, but after two weeks of attempts that level broke something in me, and I almost broke my DS in response. Now I can actually Get Mad At Videogames despite myself but it helps a lot if I don't have access to voice chat. Basically, gently caress Trauma Center with a length of rusty barbed wire.

That one final mission where you have to use your time slowing ability twice pissed me off because I had used it earlier so I still lost. I returned the game to Gamefly a day or so later. Game wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The Kins posted:

I've learned to accept that I am terrible at videogames and should just relax and take a break if I start getting pissy.

Metroid: Other M was the last game I broke a controller over. GTA V was the last game I got legitimately mad over. Both still sit unfinished on my shelf. I really need to sell them.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Buck Turgidson posted:

How did those games make you mad?

Both were unfun slogs but each had that spark that tipped me over the edge. For Other M it was first a part where I had to find a tiny spot in a bush to progress the game further and the final straw was a boss fight that required me to shoot it with a missile (not an easy task to remember in Other M). I fought that thing for like thirty minutes until I slammed my controller down and shattered it. When I saw a strategy video hit it once with a missile and watch it run away I gave up.

GTA V was a glitchly mess and reminded me how much I hated the GTA series.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Looper posted:

You may want to speak with a therapist about that

Hating GTA V isn't a mental disorder. :colbert:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

lol at sharing your rage-coping techniques for playing toys made for children. count to ten! punch a pillow! hahaaaa lmao

I'm pretty sure that was the exact opposite of rage-coping. :v:

pentyne posted:

GTA V can glitch out really easily if you try and break it. Throwing a ragefit because when you try and make a game glitch it happens easily is pretty childish.

Having my save file bug out twice and force me to restart is not trying to make it glitch. The game was fun, but not fun enough to do the torture sequence three loving times. :suicide:

Oh and GTA Online was not fun the two months I tried to play it with my buddies. Of course that had to do with the fact that Online had nothing to do the first six months but w/e, I'm sticking to Saints Row now.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The Kins posted:

Whenever something mildly inconveniences me I smash the hell out of something in frustration. I crossed the rubicon and smashed something when I wasn't mildly inconvenienced and it's the only way I can communicate now. It's the only way I can feel.

I'm smashing my keyboard right now.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Mash posted:

Having spent literally days of playtime per character and doing the story multiple times, I've never experienced a single game breaking bug or save file corruption. Seems like those problems were on your end, pal.

To be fair, I was moving between apartments at the time so there might have been a glitch-up with an auto-save or something but regardless, by the time I finished the torture sequence for the third time I had no desire to continue playing as the three dirtbags.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Stux posted:

3 is better than new vegas

The only upside to 3 was Liam Neeson and he dies halfway through the game.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
This is why I prefer Blood Dragon.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hog Inspector posted:

i really like ff tactics, are tactics advance and advance 2 worth playing?

I didn't like them as much, but they sate your appetite for more tactics games.

Why can't they make a Tactics Maker like RPG Maker? I'd never need to buy another game again!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

James Woods Fan posted:

Pisses me off that Ubi said no Blood Dragon sequel. It was a fun five hours.

What? gently caress that poo poo. That was the only Ubisoft game I've bought since Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
The new Arkham game will let you drive the Batmobile so you'll be able to explore a lot faster as well.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
ball-jiggle physics

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
tasteful homosexual relationships

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

ullerrm posted:

* Dragon Age: Origins (but only the first one, gently caress all other DAs to date)

Inquisition is pretty fun. And I hated DA2 with a passion.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

VideoGames posted:

everyone does threads/articles where they poo poo on stuff. arent we tired of that? wouldnt it be far more interesting to read threads where people talk about games they like, no matter what game, if they gave full on proper reasons? wy we gotta be so negative? this life is great and there are so many games to enjoy

We're are in the mode of making GBS threads on everything because we used to be in a mode of praising everything even when the game was terrible, leading people to make poor purchases. Those people became jaded and now post about how much they hate stuff.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I made a Doom D&D campaign once. Made the enemies from scratch and everything. My group loved it. I want to run it again actually.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Alain Post posted:

Regardless of what DLCs you use starting in Ireland and trying to unify the kingdom is a good way to start.

Not since they made them tribal.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

precision posted:

edit: ^^^^ Well it has some of the worst/most boring missions in any GTA to date so there's that. Also has some of the best though and can't deny how awesome just flying around looking at poo poo is tho

:agreed:

precision posted:

Saint's Row 2 was great but 3 and 4 are hot garbage

2 is also the only one with more than like one good song per game

GTA soundtracks are much better

Not :agreed:, 3 and 4 are great because they take the open world concept and remove all the seriousness and then break the genre by adding mod-like controls to it.

And if you can't enjoy singing along to "Opposites Attract" with Pierce then :fuckoff:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Davincie posted:

theres a big speech where you get railroaded into asking stupid questions so you can get a longer speech

I figured out he was a woman just from Bioware's stock character models, I chose to ignore the questions they wanted me to ask regarding it and moved on to the rest of IB's crew. No speech at all for me.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I like to kill time by killing endless waves of enemies, preferably in single player so I can just quit when I need to. Is Killing Floor any good for that? Or is it like Payday 2 where I need other players with me in order to actually win (and therefore get my EXP)?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I did it on my first try. No guide needed :smug:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Can't you just edit a ME2 save file and select the event flags you want?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

precision posted:

For example I have gone 90 hours and the only time I have ever talked to Vivienne is when I recruited her because she is The Worst

I wish I could kick her out like Sera. Sera's the worst (if you're an elf).

• Locked thread