Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kewpuh posted:

Super Metroid is the greatest video game of all time and if you disagree with this then I will ban you

Not only is Kewpuh a benevolent dictator but he has Good Opinions About Video Games, too!

Prime 1 is damned close, though. Probably would have taken the throne if not for the godawful Prime game keyhunt thing :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I want to buy it but I always get confused as hell in TBS games after the first couple dozen turns. Forgetting what cities were for, what I was researching and why, etc etc and it just becomes a pointless clickfest from then on for me

Just another instance of being Bad At Video Games really

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

axleblaze posted:

Also, if you like Musou games, Hyrule Warriors is pretty good. I'm sitll playing through it with a friend and the dlc has been pretty substantial.

I'm not sure how great it would be if you don't have anyone to play multiplayer with though and even then it does have some issues.

I got a lot of fun out of it--probably 15 hours--totally single player for what that's worth

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Stux posted:

i beat nocturne secret end boss without whatever that skill was called and it took about 3 hours + on auto fight lmao

I half remember seeing that true ending on youtube at one point, going "that is loving boss" and trying nocturne for myself

then got frustrated and quit on the second boss :saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What do people use nowadays for recording video on PC, is Fraps still the king of that particular mountain

I've tried Shadowplay but it didn't seem to recognize Hearthstone :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm beginning to fear that I'm one of those people everyone loves to catch on audio/video, those people who get Mad At Video Games in a PvP game more complicated than TF2

Luckily I'm too meek to ACTUALLY lose my poo poo, but goddamn Hearthstone, LoL, etc. are making me want to rage like a manchild for how little I'm learning on how to play them

:(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What do people here think of Heroes of the Storm as it stands right now?

Background, I really enjoyed League and probably still would if I didn't have a goddamn anxiety crisis every time I tried to play Summoner's Rift, mostly due to the caustic nature of the community, and buying the wrong item/wrong skill/etc (and me being a bit hosed in the head). Smite alleviates that somewhat with auto-buys/auto-levels but I've never been sure that the auto choices were very good so it still makes me worried

An item-free MOBA sounds good to me :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

If spergs are stressing you out, just mute them and keep playing. There's no rule against playing bad or buying bad items so go for it.

Muting the enemy team by default was a godsend for League, no doubt about that. My problem with MOBAs (and one that HotS probably doesn't do anything to resolve, now I think on it) is the knowledge that my fuckups very likely ruined the next 20+ minutes for four other people, even if those four people are likely to be Chucklefuck Supremes

Irritating as gently caress that my anxiety issues love to manifest themselves when I'm trying to have fun being bad at playing video games, but there you loving go I suppose :saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 17, 2014

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ekster posted:

Thanks for the replies on HotS goons, guess I'll just try it out once I have the time.

Once you get invited eventually, anyway, unless they're handing out keys somewhere :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh do they say in game explicitly that that guy is transgender, I thought it was only implied

Then again I'm still not out of Haven sooooo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Davincie posted:

theres a big speech where you get railroaded into asking stupid questions so you can get a longer speech

Bluhhh

I mean yeah it's cool that there's a transgender guy in the game, but c'mon, you handled the gay crewmember in ME3 so well, Bioware :(

(edit) at least I thought he was handled well oh god i haven't just committed some kind of faux pas have i :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I know it'll never happen but god drat do I wish for a Red Dead Redemption PC port right now :smith:

Oh well, have to satisfy the western urge by playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again I suppose

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

One of these days I'll actually beat Dark Souls 2

Typically I spend a ton of time agonizing over a character archetype, get past the second or so area, go :geno: and stop playing again :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

Pls don't bully.

Well, I plugged it into a monitor, and I'm not getting a boot screen. CPU fan and graphics card seem to be working fine, so I dunno what the problem is. Maybe it's because I'm using a lovely old monitor until my HD one ships, but I dunno.

did the mobo or case come with a PC speaker, beep codes can help tell if it's making it through POST

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't think so, which is a bit annoying.

you would have plugged it in to the motherboard, probably near the CMOS battery, tiny little cylindrical thing with 2 wires

if you didn't get one I'd suggest picking one up, they're a couple bucks I think, then if you plug that in and get a beep code, look that up in your mobo manual

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Was it another monitor, or did you unplug the video card and use the same monitor with the builtin graphics, or both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I've got a good graphics card now, but I now have no idea what to play with it. Is FFXIV any good? Or how about Shadow of Mordor?

FF14 is good but it is also an MMO with just about all that that entails, so.

Shadow of Mordor is baller without caveat though

• Locked thread