Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

John Yoo posted:

I was swayed by the fact that our military used waterboarding in training thousands of its own soldiers without harm, and that the CIA would use the technique only on top Al Qaeda leaders thought to have actionable information on pending plots.
John Yoo: A torture report for the dustbin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Has there been a good write up of our various atrocities yet? I'm looking for a good read to send my dad.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Mister Adequate posted:

What, like, all of them? That's a long-rear end list. I think the only countries with remotely manageable lists of atrocities are those too young and/or small to be in the game, but even the few dozen people on the Pitcairn Islands have some dark poo poo, so I don't even loving know.

I meant the 21st century torture.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Just like how you can't be a racist unless you've lynched someone, you aren't a torturer until you've sliced somebody's balls open just for the fun of it.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
So none of the post-911 security increases were necessary besides firing that one lady which we didn't even do?

E:was she the person Zero Dark Thirty was based off of?

Miltank fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread