Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The United States has perfected the police state. It openly admits to doing horrendous things and no one bats an eye.

Just go back to work and watch Big Bang Theory :cop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh Time Magazine, always there to carry water for fascists.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probad posted:

I'm asking Democrats to stop voting Democrat if they actually care as much about those things as they claim. Vote third party. Vote independent. It's not impossible.

Sadly it is in my state. The last election simply had Democrats or Republicans on the ballot in Oklahoma. I literally cannot vote for anyone else, including write-in.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Orange Devil posted:

Guantanamo is still open.

Bagram is still open.

I flat out don't believe the US is not currently torturing people.

This more than anything is why Obama doesn't prosecute the Bush Administration. He'd be signing his own death warrant.

Great time to be an American. :smithicide:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm remembering when it was a big deal that Sadaam Hussein had "rape rooms."

Too bad he didn't have a Cheney on his side to explain that a good percentage of the people they were torturing were bad guys.

The rape rooms and the plastic shredder room turned out to be completely fake, too. Great propaganda :lol:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh well I feel a lot better that the CIA Report is just the latest in a long series of America human rights abuses.

US soldiers waterboarded and tortured Philippino independence fighters from 1899-1902.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I find it very difficult to believe the president couldn't close Guantanamo Bay if he wished to. It's an illegal operation in a foreign country run by dubious intelligence services and the military. I don't think there's a clause in the constitution assigning those powers exclusively to the legislative branch.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

Point: The CIA should be disbanded.

Counterpoint: ???? Is there one?

Our intelligence capability! :qq:

Also the NSA would become ridiculously bad.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

Most countries need intelligence agencies, especially countries as big and powerful as the States. The question is whether the CIA is so irreparably broken that you should just burn the whole thing down and start again.

There's also the real question of whether the CIA can actually be shut down. Reading Killing Hope one gets the idea they're some sort of autonomous narco-arms cartel.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

tentative8e8op posted:

I think the CIA officials finding a way to feed money to themselves was just normal blatant corruption. Like what else could you expect managing an unlimited budget no one outside will ever be allowed to audit?

Yeah it's likely this. They have infinite money, either from the government or selling drugs.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: I love this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rodnik posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/12/torture-report-poll_n_6316126.html

45 percent of Americans not only believe that torture was effective, but believe we should use more of it in the future.

11% of Americans are cool with anal rape and 30% are cool with threatening to rape their family members.

Not a rape culture, though!

• Locked thread