Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
What a coincidence the report lands just in time for the new Republican majority to completely ignore it when they take their seats. This Hayden fellah sure did lie to us. Oh well, what's a fib or two. Meanwhile, this GRUBER rear end in a top hat called people stupid! On TV of all places!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

Hasn't torture been basically proven to be a worthless intelligence tool long before this?

Everybody says that but I don't think anybody actually believed or internalized that idea. Every form of entertainment media has always shown torture getting the desired information very quickly.

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

quote:

With the support of C.I.A. headquarters, they repeatedly insisted that Mr. Nashiri and other prisoners were still withholding crucial information, and that the application of sufficient pain and disorientation would eventually force them to disclose it.

Yet the program allowed the psychologists to assess their own work — they gave it excellent grades — and to charge a daily rate of $1,800 each, four times the pay of other interrogators, to waterboard detainees

So let me lay this scenario out for you. These guys are getting 1800 dollars a day per innocent man waterboarded. The CIA is scratching their heads going 'man these 26 guys really aren't talking. I think they just don't know anything...'

Guy McSteele and Rand Eagle, superstar psychologist Heirophants literally are about to lose out on some fat stacks of cash and go WHOA WHOA WHOA, don't be a pussy. This guy is holding out on you. Give us another...3 months of daily waterboardings and violent anal penetrations at 1800 bucks a pop and we'll get you the bin Ladens you need. These things just take time. And money.

I thought industrializing the prison system was insane, but turning anal rape into a cottage industry has got to be worth some kind of business achiever award for these two little strivers in their Virginia mansions wherever the gently caress they may be.

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Jagchosis posted:

maybe they were raping prisoners because the CIA used literal rapists to conduct "interrogations"

Yea I guess we can figure out which guy got a little too into the rectal feeding.

• Locked thread