Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm remembering when it was a big deal that Sadaam Hussein had "rape rooms."

Too bad he didn't have a Cheney on his side to explain that a good percentage of the people they were torturing were bad guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think I remember seeing a snippet from the torture report saying that torture was used to get incorrect intelligence that was used to justify the Iraq war. Anyone know the details on that?

Edit:

It's this, right?

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 16, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've been trying to make sense of this and I've been thinking about unethical medical experiments in Germany last century.

You can look back and say "wow, that was really awful, but there were a few good things that came out of it. If we did the same thing but led the program with good people instead of bad people, we might be able to get the good without all of the bad."

Eight years later, you've got labs full of juvenile convicts with transplanted animal limbs and you find yourself saying "no really, we're not monsters!"

• Locked thread