Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Whats some good video games with a good chat in it.. Ill start.

Picto chat
Kind of a cool chat room, you could draw in it. Came with the system which was cool,but it was over shadowed by..

Ping Pals
By far the most advanced chat program/game for DS, i got this at launch and it was epic to chat with people on it, you could have all kinds of cool stuff for your avatar. Think gaia online but for DS local multiplayer.

Phantasy star online I remember ordering the gamecube keyboard adapter and chatting away in some of the lobbies for hours. This was a great game to chat with friends in a virtual cyber-world.

Halo 2One of the first big online games with voice chat.. Man I remember shootin' the poo poo in a Pre-Game Lobby then going into the big map Coagulation/Blood Gulch to play some Cats Vs Mouse where the Cats (Wraiths) would chase around the Mice (Players riding Warthogs) It was really fun.

Diablo 2People would come up to you and open a trade window and just say nothing else other than "WUG" which meant "Wut u got". Really loving rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What happened to swapnote??

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

actually OP I was kind of hoping this would be a thread for chatting about video games. I'm not mad, I just... I guess I thought we could chat about video games is all.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

iSketch - You can draw, and chat. It's like pictionary.

Transformice - You can be a mouse and chat to the folks.

Quake Live - Many folks play Clan Arena and chat while their dead.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Average Bear posted:

What happened to swapnote??

Nintendo killed it

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Sub-Actuality posted:

actually OP I was kind of hoping this would be a thread for chatting about video games. I'm not mad, I just... I guess I thought we could chat about video games is all.

Chat about chat in video games (Meta).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cons of the Quake Live chat:
- Most people just say the N word a lot and talk about there jobs as sysadmins or whatever, and smoking weed and crack.
- Fairly restrictive character limit

Pros:
- Something to do when your dead
- The font is very awesome
- You can make it different colors.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Wanna make a multiplayer game that you can communicate only using little pictures, but put really rude'n'lewd pics in there anyway

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Everquest had /pizza so that was cool.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I spend way more time being social in MMOs than I do being productive in MMOs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Everquest had /pizza so that was cool.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Metriod prime hunters let you voice chat using the mic on the ds and it was basically the coolest thing ever at the time.

Too bad that game was a train wreck.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The first World of Warcraft server I played on was a role-playing server. Why? Well, it was my first MMO and my knowledge of them came solely from parodies on TV and I thought that role-playing was the whole point: to immerse yourself in the game and forget about the real world. So I thought, hell, if I'm going to do this, let's go all the way. I played there for years and years because even though after awhile I wished I'd gone PvP instead, that server became my home. And I remember there was this guy, whose name was Asmodeus, or that with extra letters, I guess it's from D&D, and all he would do is hop around Stormwind. That's it. Obviously that wasn't literally all he did, since he was level 60, so he must've played the game too, but you could count on this dude being in Stormwind, hopping around, trolling the Trade chat, weighing in on every conversation in General. He was kind of a troll, but people liked him. One day I saw somebody make fun of him for being such a loser, for using the game as a glorified IRC. And Asmodeus said, "This game is a social network, you know." I thought, is it? I don't know. That always stuck with me.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there were RP servers in jedi academy set to FFA with infinite time and if you tried to kill anyone and actually play the game you were called a "lamer" and "banned," but it would just ban your IP address

had a lot of fun being banned as NiggerFromReadingRainbow then returning to the server minutes later as NotNiggerFromReadingRainbow

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I tried to send my friend a picture of a dong I drew on 3ds and it immediately banned me. Nintendo has dong-detecting technology.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Town of Salem: Chat Mafia

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

That was a lot of fun.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I used to insult people in Unreal Tournament, then shoot them in the face while they were typing their scathing rebuttal

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i survived barrens chat haha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hey guys where i find mankirks wife?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

seems like the only video games chat I do lately is with Customer Support when I'm trying to get a refund for all these lovely games !!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

just kidding friends, never return a video game. all games are treasures and should be enjoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Topic locked.

• Locked thread