Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The first World of Warcraft server I played on was a role-playing server. Why? Well, it was my first MMO and my knowledge of them came solely from parodies on TV and I thought that role-playing was the whole point: to immerse yourself in the game and forget about the real world. So I thought, hell, if I'm going to do this, let's go all the way. I played there for years and years because even though after awhile I wished I'd gone PvP instead, that server became my home. And I remember there was this guy, whose name was Asmodeus, or that with extra letters, I guess it's from D&D, and all he would do is hop around Stormwind. That's it. Obviously that wasn't literally all he did, since he was level 60, so he must've played the game too, but you could count on this dude being in Stormwind, hopping around, trolling the Trade chat, weighing in on every conversation in General. He was kind of a troll, but people liked him. One day I saw somebody make fun of him for being such a loser, for using the game as a glorified IRC. And Asmodeus said, "This game is a social network, you know." I thought, is it? I don't know. That always stuck with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread