Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bwatts

y'alright, mate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Classicist posted:

i wish there wasn't squatters rights for bugs.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Oh yeah, I had one of these in my house once. my wife described it as: a grasshopper in a football helmet

GEExCEE

i am he

now we know who received the nest

Salmiakki

i am he posted:

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

the unabonger
im a big fan of bugs, generally

tao of lmao

i am he posted:

bog pixie

cave crickets are my friends.

ulvir

Al Borland posted:

its a Weta!
:stonklol:

jesus motherfucking christ

froward

by Azathoth
There are two major kinds of cockroach, the little nasty fuckers that live around filthy people & garbage (and the reason thriftstores sterilize the gently caress out of everything they get) and then big ole wood roaches, that get into your house if you live near woods someplace warm, or a dirty city (like New York, or your mom's vagina :)

I've managed to avoid Nasty Fuckers all my life. yay me. But the first time I saw a wood roach when I was down south, I was blown away. Fucker was two inches long. Flew in the loving open door. Jesus christ. Naturally I trapped it under a glass and a sheet of paper and put it out of the way, where it wouldn't be disturbed, to see how long it would live.

Well, it didn't suffocate. And it didn't starve. Little bits of it would wither up and fall off, I guess to reserve moisture. but after two months it would still move around the glass in response to my tapping on it. I think if I had supplied it water, it would've happily chirped around for months without bits falling off.

I took the guy outside and let him go. He was missing a few legs, an antennae, and a wing, but he survived.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vapoursquid

none other
:whoptc:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

froward posted:

There are two major kinds of cockroach, the little nasty fuckers that live around filthy people & garbage (and the reason thriftstores sterilize the gently caress out of everything they get) and then big ole wood roaches, that get into your house if you live near woods someplace warm, or a dirty city (like New York, or your mom's vagina :)

I've managed to avoid Nasty Fuckers all my life. yay me. But the first time I saw a wood roach when I was down south, I was blown away. Fucker was two inches long. Flew in the loving open door. Jesus christ. Naturally I trapped it under a glass and a sheet of paper and put it out of the way, where it wouldn't be disturbed, to see how long it would live.

Well, it didn't suffocate. And it didn't starve. Little bits of it would wither up and fall off, I guess to reserve moisture. but after two months it would still move around the glass in response to my tapping on it. I think if I had supplied it water, it would've happily chirped around for months without bits falling off.

I took the guy outside and let him go. He was missing a few legs, an antennae, and a wing, but he survived.

GBS likes torturing things, checkiddout bro

Salmiakki

cool the guy who talks about rapin corpses in video games also likes to make animals suffer. why is he still allowed to post here

ty cat dynamite

Full-Bodied Flavor

oh froward tortures animals too, im extremely surprised

froward

by Azathoth
bugs don't even have a nervous system, they don't suffer like a warmblooded thing.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

froward posted:

bugs don't even have a nervous system, they don't suffer like a warmblooded thing.

:rolleyes:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Full-Bodied Flavor

youre right that makes it perfectly normal to trap and starve an animal for months til parts of it are falling off

Full-Bodied Flavor

man do i look like a fool for thinking that was actually insanely hosed up.. ill never recover from this!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

froward posted:

oh look, another idiot sociopath

bwatts

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

oh look, another idiot sociopath

i keep saying people are awfula nd they turn out to be terrifying sociopaths.

Salmiakki

that bug would be happier with all its legs, wings and antennae intact or, you know, able to even fly away from predators you hosed up idiot

ty cat dynamite

pig slut lisa

irl is good

please do not hurt bugs on purpose, or anything really, imo

bwatts

can you just give him a probation for beinga psychopath if youre not going to ban him

bwatts

it seems really weird to not ban him but at least punish him somehow

Salmiakki

friendly craig posted:

can you just give him a probation for beinga psychopath if youre not going to ban him

ty cat dynamite

tao of lmao

Salmiakki posted:

cool the guy who talks about rapin corpses in video games also likes to make animals suffer. why is he still allowed to post here

nvm no cake

Classicist posted:

if you told yourself every night that the unnerving scraping and clicking sounds couldn't actually be a horrible, unseen, lurking bug, and it was probably the wind and house noises and then you were confronted by himwhen you tried to step outside and now you're trapped possibly for good.

john death has come for you

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Afro Doug posted:

yeah theres one of those in my bathroom too. thats why i dont do any showers or nothing and do my bodily functions in jars and such.

lol

----------------

the unabonger
i have a past of torturing bugs. in fact, i have a family history of torturing bugs. my great great grandfather tortured bugs professionally when he first immigrated to the US, and my family has been torturing bugs ever since. we even use the same facility. its totally chill though- bugs dont feel it happening to them the same way we ddo, so its not totally hosed up.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

The Fresh Prince posted:

i have a past of torturing bugs. in fact, i have a family history of torturing bugs. my great great grandfather tortured bugs professionally when he first immigrated to the US, and my family has been torturing bugs ever since. we even use the same facility. its totally chill though- bugs dont feel it happening to them the same way we ddo, so its not totally hosed up.

loll

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
the civil war was actually about whether we should be allowed to lawfully torture bugs or not

----------------

Salmiakki

The Fresh Prince posted:

ty cat dynamite

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

The Fresh Prince posted:

we even use the same facility.

tao of lmao

The Fresh Prince posted:

it's just honoring history, man. I get it.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

WetNightmare posted:

the civil war was actually about whether we should be allowed to lawfully torture bugs or not

the unabonger

WetNightmare posted:

Slumpy
*licks the bug* blehhh

slumpy

i am he

Slumpy posted:

*licks the bug* blehhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Slumpy posted:

*licks the bug* blehhh

ty manifisto