Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman

ISLAM FC
free tbp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger

I AM THE MOON

qnqnx

My feedback is that truthposting should not be probateable anywhere and thus free BAFH

qnqnx

tyler

Equine Don posted:

Please "free" the large animation fan.

Yeah, I want his dead monk necklace.

client

GenderSelectScreen

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
Mod Feedback: I'm glad the old Mod Feedback thread was closed. It was too big for it's purpose.

Suggestion: Make a new feedback thread every month much like the military threads in GiP.

KoldPT

Misandrist Wytch posted:

Reposting from last thread:

I think that in D and D you should get "points" for doing each type of argument. Put certain arguments together and you get a "combo," this gives you more points. Whoever gets the most points in the debate wins, and as a punishment the loser has to now believe the same thing the winner does.

This part is useless because everyone believes the same things in D&D, hope that helps

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably a beagle or other dog.

Surprisingly Dope

Lope burgs again

KoldPT posted:

This part is useless because everyone believes the same things in D&D, hope that helps

What are they arguing about then?

qnqnx

Misandrist Wytch posted:

What are they arguing about then?

Trying to break the record on longest outrage olympics.

Kylra

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
D&D is like if politicians ran disney world. Each thread a separate theme park.

I/P is the magic kingdom.

Sagabal

Ralp.

VideoGames
ralps knew

ugh its Troika

by FactsAreUseless
imo D&D should be a subforum of GiP

Nostalgia4Infinity

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

-Troika- posted:

imo D&D should be a subforum of GiP

pls no

Surprisingly Dope

Lope burgs again

qnqnx posted:

Trying to break the record on longest outrage olympics.

That's a debate and discussion. That means its a valid argument in the Debate and Discussion forum.

Surprisingly Dope

Lope burgs again
DEBATE RESULT: Anime Sandwich vs KoldPt and qnxx

Winner: Anime Sandwich
+5 points, logic
-2 points, negative post count
In College Multiplier: x 2
TOTAL: 6 points

Losers: KoldPt and qnxx
-5 points, ad hominem
-10 points, known trolls.
Total: -15 points

Losers: Change belief systems or get probated repeatedly.

Debate resolved. Have a nice day.

pog boyfriend

wow, the new anime sandwich debate model really efficiently solves debates

VideoGames

my pog boyfriend posted:

i agree, mods can we implement this? also D&D should have scoreboards so people can see where they stand and how the scoring system works.

we can usher a new era of conversation

KoldPT

my pog boyfriend posted:

Yes, i'm defiantly in favor of using it for d&d

A FUCKIN BONG BOMB
Free Big Anime Fan Here. Make him mod of QCS.

breadshaped

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Mod Feedback: I'm glad the old Mod Feedback thread was closed. It was too big for it's purpose.

Suggestion: Make a new feedback thread every month much like the military threads in GiP.

Suggestion: Get in touch with some real life GiP soldiers and fire ralp out of a cannon.

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi everyone. If you don't have actual feedback pertaining to a moderator or administrator of the forums, do not post here.

Shirkelton

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

my pog boyfriend posted:

Hm, I disagree.

El Spider

Misandrist Wytch posted:

DEBATE RESULT: Anime Sandwich vs KoldPt and qnxx

Winner: Anime Sandwich
+5 points, logic
-2 points, negative post count
In College Multiplier: x 2
TOTAL: 6 points

Losers: KoldPt and qnxx
-5 points, ad hominem
-10 points, known trolls.
Total: -15 points

Losers: Change belief systems or get probated repeatedly.

Debate resolved. Have a nice day.

this would be a wicked forums game for a moderator to facilitate

Salt Fish

Make sjw a bannable catchphrase.

Prokhor Zakharov

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Salt Fish posted:

Make sjw a bannable catchphrase.

THE PENETRATOR

by Lowtax

Misandrist Wytch posted:

as a punishment the loser has to now believe the same thing the winner does.

+1

THE PENETRATOR

by Lowtax

Ralp posted:

Hi everyone. If you don't have actual feedback pertaining to a moderator or administrator of the forums, do not post here.

So it must be specific to a or multiple people, and not a general modification feed back? ?

Burt Sexual

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ralp posted:

My Admin feedback was this was a huge step forward in taking a shot across the bow versus being normal Ralp Gay, so what. Keep working though its a deep furrow of gayness.

Izumi Konata

by Ralp
i just wanted to tell ralp, out of the blue, that he is strong, manly, and desirable.

do u have a girlfriend? y(_) n(_)

Angstrom

Ok here is some serious and probably autistic mod feedback for the D&D moderators (XyloJW, etc) from someone who is mostly a lurker:

I am not a regular of D&D but recently became interested in the forum due to some of the recent events in the media like the shooting of Mike Brown. I noticed that (in my subjective opinion) it seems like a very cliquish forum where posters with opposing viewpoints are not treated with good faith by most of the existing posters there. These opinions are usually dismissed as trolling, or the posters are subjected to a barrage of ad hominem attacks with the moderators often looking the other way (again subjectively speaking here).

Here's an example of what I mean by the mods looking the other way. I posted some examples of really bad posts from 11/25/14 in the now closed D&D feedback thread:

zoux posted:

You are literally a racist irl.

Pomp posted:

There's no point in trying to debate racists, and dismissing them outright is the best course of action, hth

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

You are mentally ill lol

XyloJW agreed they were bad posts but said he was doing "containment on the worst of the worst until it blows over" whatever that means: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683170&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post438215674

I checked later and none of the posters of the admittedly "bad posts" were punished. Meanwhile, someone else posted this in QCS as an example of a supposedly bad D&D probation:

Narciss posted:

You seem to be implying that this case says anything about white-on-black racism; it doesn't. It was a police officer acting in self-defense, with a legitimate fear for his life. The racial identities of the involved parties are totally ancillary to the case. I actually thought that Officer Wilson was Black and Mr. Brown was white, for awhile, because I don't really think about race much and can easily picture a black man being a police officer and a man named Mr. Brown being white.

Now, I am not arguing that this probation was necessarily bad, since I think that the "thought Office Wilson was Black and Mr. Brown was white" comment is pretty dumb, but it is no way nearly as bad as the small selection of posts I pointed out to XyloJW where people are just posting trash personal attacks without any meaningful arguments whatsoever. At the very least, Narciss is posting his argument in good faith, however dumb people may consider it to be. All of the above posts were posted in the same thread on the same day, so the excuse of "it's too hard to moderate the thread with so many posts" or whatever doesn't really hold up. This is just one example from a very recent thread, but it seems to be a consistent problem with many threads in D&D.

As someone who really tries to understand both sides of an argument before making an opinion on something, it is really off-putting to consistently see D&D regulars with the "correct" opinions get a free pass while posters with subjectively "bad" opinions seem to be disproportionately punished by the moderators. I think that it would be a huge improvement to the quality of D&D if the moderators would aggressively punish posters that are not posting in good faith and post things like personal attacks. It would help to encourage a much better diversity in opinions which is interesting and fun to read, rather than an echo chamber.

The lack of diverse opinions on SA is probably the biggest complaint I have with the current state of D&D and some of the other forums too. It's simply not fun to read a bunch of cliquish posts where everyone agrees with each other and people with other viewpoints are dismissed as being racist, mentally ill, or sexist or whatever without any actual debate or reasoning. Even if I vehemently disagree with someone, I would much much rather read a well thought out argument of an opposing viewpoint that may enlighten me to change my stance on a topic, than useless circlejerk posts which serve absolutely zero purpose other than mental masturbation.

Anyway, feel free to ignore my probably badly written feedback that I wrote with like 2 hours of sleep due to my bronchitis, but I really hope the mods take it to heart since I still really enjoy reading some of the forums here, and overall at the end of the day I think the mods do a pretty decent job all thinks considered. Thanks!

ArfJason
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Izumi Konata posted:

i just wanted to tell ralp, out of the blue, that he is strong, manly, and desirable.

do u have a girlfriend? y(_) n(_)

I am one of the biggest loving retards on this site, my comedic stylings most comparable to a grieving 9/11 widow, yet you outpace me at such a rate at being a tremendous human being that I shudder to think what demon you made a deal with to be such a homo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KoldPT

Angstrom posted:

Now, I am not arguing that this probation was necessarily bad, since I think that the "thought Office Wilson was Black and Mr. Brown was white" comment is pretty dumb, but it is no way nearly as bad as the small selection of posts I pointed out to XyloJW where people are just posting trash personal attacks without any meaningful arguments whatsoever. At the very least, Narciss is posting his argument in good faith, however dumb people may consider it to be. All of the above posts were posted in the same thread on the same day, so the excuse of "it's too hard to moderate the thread with so many posts" or whatever doesn't really hold up. This is just one example from a very recent thread, but it seems to be a consistent problem with many threads in D&D.

Actually, Narciss is a (really good at his job) troll, so he's not really posting in good faith. Your other points were mostly fine though, and I hope folks read them.

Stairmaster

ArfJason posted:

looks like we found an even bigger homo

Koos Group

ArfJason posted:

I am one of the biggest loving retards on this site, my comedic stylings most comparable to a grieving 9/11 widow, yet you outpace me at such a rate at being a tremendous human being that I shudder to think what demon you made a deal with to be such a homo.

You're too hard on yourself my friend.

Algund Eenboom

ArfJason posted:

no "fyad posting" in qcs dumbass :rolleyes: user losing posting privleges until i stop crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

Angstrom posted:

The lack of diverse opinions on SA is probably the biggest complaint I have with the current state of D&D and some of the other forums too. It's simply not fun to read a bunch of cliquish posts where everyone agrees with each other and people with other viewpoints are dismissed as being racist, mentally ill, or sexist or whatever without any actual debate or reasoning. Even if I vehemently disagree with someone, I would much much rather read a well thought out argument of an opposing viewpoint that may enlighten me to change my stance on a topic, than useless circlejerk posts which serve absolutely zero purpose other than mental masturbation.
Part of the problem is that people get tired of rehashing the same arguments. A lot of D&D posters have been there a long time, and have followed politics longer. When you get five posters all calling someone a racist, what they're saying is "we've already had this argument, and the conclusion we reached was that your position is racist." It's so obvious to them that it's racist that they no longer feel the need to explain. This probably isn't fair or useful, but it's part of why the forum seems so cliquish and weird. There's a bunch of context to these arguments that isn't clear.

I think getting rid of megathreads might help address this, since you wouldn't have posters that have been in the same thread for months or years. But I'm not sure what the solution actually is, other than to get a whole new crop of posters.

• Locked thread