Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So, I thought briefly on buying one of those packs to get the King Crab, because the King Crab looks fukkin' sweet. I thought to myself, 'hell, I can see myself sinking a 20 buck into this for a robit or two, no biggie. I have some money.'. Plus, I love the Panther, having used it for a while in a table top game RPG of Battletech.

Then I read the fine print. You need to buy the biggest pack. The one that costs 80 dollars.

And the King Crab will never come back, so they claim.

God damnit. Guess I ain't getting it.

Who here DID spring money for this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
/Super belatedly/ that's great that the only King Crab I'll be missing is that one, then.

I also really like the sound of the community warfare, now that it seems that it's coming soonish. Having played the game a bit more recently, it's... pretty fun to play again, even if there's some annoying parts still. Even more fun to play with other Goons.

Edit: holy crap the moment I post this IT GOES LIVE. I am some sort of wizard, clearly.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 11, 2014

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I formed a group with a few pals of mine, and I can really say that the Invasion mode is /super fun/. Unfortunately, we're not a very big group so we had to get a bunch of other smaller groups to fight, so everything was disorganized and fell prey to just sitting behind a wall and cry for a while.

Our group didn't last. We charged between waves, when there was room, with the hope of getting OTHERS to actually take some grounds but, no, no, apparently that didn't worked well enough.

Invasion need to be a regular gameplay mode I think too.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So I tried the Dragon-1N. I am shocked at just how good that thing became with the AC/5. I still haven't maxed it out yet(this requires me upgrading TWO other Dragons, which sounds like a pain in the rear end to do), but I can't really say no to 67% Cooldown on AC/5 on that thing.

It's like having a machine gun that actually kills people dead.

Quirks are kind of awesome.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Are they planning on changing the Mech Skill trees? Because buying three variants of a mech is still kind of astoundingly annoying.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huh, turns out I don't have to give a poo poo about the tournament extension. I've binged a lot on MWO last weekend to milk out the most of that premium time you get for free and I've must have gotten the extra 20 points during that time. It seems to count all extra points you did that weekend or any matches that qualified during that last weekend's event time. I mean, it says that on the tournament's page, apparently, but. It was a great time to farm some money, ripping mechs apart and leaving the kills to others.

Of course, it also resulted in me breaking my kill record at one point, 8. Ooops.

I ain't gonna complain.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 24, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Elliotw2 posted:

Oh, does anyone have any of the PCgamer paint codes left over?

I think that's been over for a while.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Does it really help? I may get my hands on it sometimes, I love my Stalker 4N laser vomit.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Number19 posted:

Assault was actually the first non-CW game mode. It was followed by Conquest and then Skirmish.

Easy mistake to make, honestly, most Assaults resulted into a Skirmish back in the day anyway.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh hey look, another get 1 kill, 1 assist and win the game event, this time with the Raven-3L(C). And a bunch of extra crap that nobody really cares about that used to take another weekend by other iteration of the event.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/02/1101-like-champion-mark-ii-event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
That's... a lot of balancing on the mechs, I've gotta admit.

• Locked thread