Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

ColdPie posted:

I can't get enough of this loving poo poo!

Seriously I'm going through a jar of marmite like every two weeks. I have butter-marmite toast almost daily. I miss it if I don't have it. What have you done to me?

I'm :australia: so marmite is heresy but you can make a hot drink out of your vegemite (or marmite you sick freak) by adding a chunk to hot water and dissolving it. Something a bit different for your late night warm drink in winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

ColdPie posted:

Well, it may have caused my fiancee to call it off, two visits from the DHS, an audit on my taxes, and I've been ostracized from my neighborhood, but

I now own a kilogram of Marmite.

While I may not agree with your salty spread choice I'll fight to the death for your right to have a kilo of it.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

franco posted:

In my student days, a wise person showed me the light on making "posh" beans on toast:

Heat your baked beans (we're talking from a tin, none of your "made my own" nonsense) then stir in some grated cheddar until it all becomes melty. Toast your bread and spread with first butter, then marmite, thinly (UK stuff in my case). A large tomato slice on each slice of bread. Top with the cheesy beans. The umami underlay for the beans brings it all together.

In fact I ate this last night. Haute cuisine be damned!

I don't really like baked beans but with a few tweaks this doesn't sound too bad. Obviously it should be vegemite and none of this thin layer bs. Throw in some chilli flakes or hot sauce to the baked beans and you've probably got the most awesome breakfast.

• Locked thread