Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

redweird posted:

As an Australian I'd rather blow my brains out than eat Marmite over Vegemite.

I normally have vegemite too. Didn't like it a a kid, but later as an adult I got into it because I like salty things, soy, stout beer and strong flavours.
Would be nice to try real marmite, but it's import only in Australia. The marmite here is sold under licence by sanatarium, so it's different to the proper stuff. I can't be bothered tracking down or paying extra for the real British thing.

I usually put vegemite on toast, then under the broiler/grill, with colby cheese (not "plastic cheese")

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I thought it was just me.
Years ago I used to have tinned baked beans on toast but got sick of toast every day. For a while later I tried baked beans and eggs, but it's a pain to fry eggs for breakfast and I got sick of beans for a while, so I stopped buying baked beans entirely.
Recently I bought some baked beans thinking my kid might like them, turns out he doesn't so much so the tins lay wait in my pantry for months.

One day when making toast, (yes I occasionally have toast again for breakfast) with vegemite on it, I decided to microwave about half a tin's worth of baked beans and then pour it over the top of my vegemite toast. It was glorious. Just like when you make your own bean meals and you add things like worcestershire sauce, or soy sauce, *mites, vinegars etc for umami

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 26, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Vegemite, chocolate and caramel?
http://www.foodmag.com.au/news/cadbury-announces-vegemite-flavoured-chocolate

• Locked thread