Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Wow, I've been looking at the Steam front page and there is a lot of wild content on there right now, but the thing I saw that caused me to go through and post this thread, was that I saw they were doing a free weekend and sale for the new COD game, AW (as in AW, This game is so badass!) The last game was retarded and fail, id shoot a guy in the head like 50 times and he wouldnt die, but i heard this one was good and way better than that EA piece of trash TitanFAIL. I heard in this game there are loot drops,which is good because im a mindless loving retard who needs carrot-on-a-stick incentives to trick me to keep playing a piece of poo poo,garbage game. Anyways, its 39.59 CAD right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's probably the best Cod, but, it's still pretty stupid, IMO.

Tijuana Donkeyshow
Jan 1, 2008

DOTA2 is free if you like carrot on a stick incentives

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can confirm that this game owns to play 2 times & then never look at again.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can confirm that this game owns to play 2 times & then never look at again.

Call of duty games are seriously freakin' impossible to invest any kind of time in... I don't really know why. This game is good but its not that interesting, except to play with your friends.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A cool drat horse posted:

Call of duty games are seriously freakin' impossible to invest any kind of time in... I don't really know why. This game is good but its not that interesting, except to play with your friends.

I played black ops 2 like 100 hours and then stopped when map packs started coming out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Then again, I never played a CoD before that one so it was a novelty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I play them all at least 12 hours and then I've had enough.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Never play COD on a PC.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Give Pat a Job posted:

Never play COD on a PC.

The hell?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

A cool drat horse posted:

I find it to drat repetitive and boring tbh. I can play it forever with friends, but I can play any game forever with friends.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well in some ways he's right since if you just want to murk savagely most of the people on console are insanely stupid and bad at it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Well in some ways he's right since if you just want to murk savagely most of the people on console are insanely stupid and bad at it.

I can't imagine trying to shoot with a controller, and using a xim just seems extremely pointless.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can't imagine trying to shoot with a controller, and using a xim just seems extremely pointless.

People on youtube have made thousands of dollars playing Call of Duty on consoles.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

People on youtube have made thousands of dollars playing Call of Duty on consoles.

I can't even imagine it. I guess I'll find out what first person shooting with a control is like when GTAV PC comes out.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Call of Duty is balanced around consoles these days so the stupidly quick kill times compared to other FPS games like Titanfall and TF2 make a lot more sense when you think about aiming with a controller.

Also their servers on the consoles tend to be a lot less hosed up.

That said I wouldn't be able to play a FPS on a console and have it feel right, so I don't.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Give Pat a Job posted:

Never play COD on a PC.

Cod1/uo pwns.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The side games like zombies and the aliens one made by the hexen people were more fun than the actual games

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I like to play sticks and stones in black ops, where you only have an explosive crossbow, pocket knife and a throwing axe. its sick

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I heard aw was absolutely hosed up and busted as a pc port

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I played black ops 2 like 100 hours and then stopped when map packs started coming out.

The first cod I played with MW2 and I probably sank a similar number of hours into it, but drat that game owned to play with friends. I tried liking Black Ops but IDK. I miss having fun on line playing first person shooters, I haven't liked one in forever now that I think about it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squeezy Farm posted:

Cod1/uo pwns.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
its actually really fun and its a drat shame the faggots over at activision can't sort out the connection issues /rant

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

its actually really fun and its a drat shame the faggots over at activision can't sort out the connection issues /rant

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

welcome back

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

welcome back

thank you, I missed my friends

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I felt like coming in here to say gently caress CoD and yet I have not actually tried any of the latest ones thinking that they are probably steaming poo poo. Am I right to assume this? I was severely let down by BF4 and am honestly tired as gently caress of squad based shooters that don't give me some loving awesome game mode like BF2142 and loving drop pod killing bitches.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Like the only 'Call to Duty' I get is after I've had my morning coffee and cigarette.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

I felt like coming in here to say gently caress CoD and yet I have not actually tried any of the latest ones thinking that they are probably steaming poo poo. Am I right to assume this? I was severely let down by BF4 and am honestly tired as gently caress of squad based shooters that don't give me some loving awesome game mode like BF2142 and loving drop pod killing bitches.

this is my favorite shooter in awhile actually

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

this is my favorite shooter in awhile actually

I am not in a position to question anything you have to say with an avatar like that

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I wanted to try it out but it's 40GB so I would have finished downloading it at around the time the free weekend ended.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Battlefield is fail turds coming out of a catastrophe camel's rear end.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Battlefield is fail turds coming out of a catastrophe camel's rear end.

Yes. I would still play 2142 if the only populated servers weren't hosted by russian super men

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If your going to play a lovely modern shooter, make it a Cod.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

If your going to play a lovely modern shooter, make it a Cod.

loving CS is already installed on my computer

is cod really better than gaben operation?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kazvall posted:

loving CS is already installed on my computer

is cod really better than gaben operation?

it's a very different feel. counter-strike is pretty tense and slow, cod is more arcadey and has space jumping and laser rifles

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CS also, I wouldn't classify as a lovely modern military shooter. By modern I meant made recently. Sorry.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
I know I'm supposed to be all hip and cool here, but I'm too boring of a person.

I played over the weekend, was disappointed the exo suit didn't change up the core gameplay, you walked and ran forward at the same speed, couldn't boost in ADS mode.

I still nearly bought the dammed thing right there. Like gently caress, everytime you die the lag makes it impossible to tell what happened. And if I could just practice a little bit more or fix some setting somewhere, I know I could get all the cool killstreaks and be a cool badass pubstomper.

It really is like being stuck in an abusive relationship.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The movement makes it almost a different game entirely. It's still stinky Cod where you die in 2 hits but, still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Trolling, bad poster, either way just a lot of bad posts. :smugdog:

• Locked thread