Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

4outof5 posted:

AND for my eurofriends here, it's diceless!

So's Ascension doesn't mean a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fat Samurai posted:

Well, apparently when someone says that they are selling the base box they mean they are literally selling the box. Empty. What's the point of this? Impressing my friends with my taste in boardgames? :psyduck:

Thanks for the answers. Now I want to buy the game...

Probably got the anniversary edition box with the expansions and extras.

Pretty sure that was a tier.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I've only rage quit once I think it was called neptun or something like that it was supposed to be an hour long but after two we we're only half way through it. No one was enjoying it and my ride back home was planning to leave.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Magnetic North posted:

Just for the record: I actually have not played DoW and I agree with the thread hivemind's objections to it, so I probably never will. I'm just familiar with the rules thanks to Table Top and Watch It Played. My objection is more questioning if we really need to sass a rando who is just asking a question about a very popular game.

Also the burn came to me so I had to use it, even though I was honestly hopeful that your KS would be successful.

Yes because the game is bad and he shouldn't play it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Shadow225 posted:

He already bought the game, ya dingus. Being an Internet warrior does nothing at this point, so let him get an answer to his question and be on his merry way.

He deserves to be mocked as an example for others.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well that sums up my opinion better than I ever could.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Any good preset dominion base + intrigue kingdoms?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Played a bunch of games yesterday
Pandemic Contagion
Saboteur with the expansion with 10 (never again)
Cash and Guns 2nd ed
Avalon (with was messed up from the start since Morgana didn't make them selves known to merlin and so as Percival I actually made the exact wrong assumptions)
Summoner wars
Tash Kalar
One knight ultimate werewolf

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
In the last 6 months I've played basically every game I own at least once with the excepting of two player games and crap I'm trying to get rid of. And so today I'm off to my board game club tonight with none of my games for once.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

QnoisX posted:

So I got my copy of Dungeon Lords Happy Anniversary. There are only 4 of those plastic token containers inside. The images showing how to arrange the bits on their website show them using 7 containers. Did they leave some out or is that normal? If it's normal is there a way to order extras? Also not sure where to put the 4 small round tokens with clown faces or the 5 gear tokens with rounded centers. Either way, going to take me a while to get all of these stickers applied.

The extra 3 were kickstarter bonuses

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

I have too littl;e room for book cases and too few games to dedicate a bookcase solely for games as of yet.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bottom Liner posted:

Our dingos shCould be dingbros. :hfive:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Rutibex posted:

You can't quite see all the games tucked away in the closet back there, so I took them out. Also pictured another shelf of my games elsewhere:

It is highly dense, and therefore at the bottom. It would crush games if it was on top. I don't often get the chance to dig to it so I took some pics of it as well now that it is out of the bottom of the pile. I keep it in the Pathfinder Cards box, because I have some option rules that allow you to mix the two together (and there is ample room in the box :v:):

:allears:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

taser rates posted:

For such a complex game, it's pretty straightforward in flow, it's quite Euro-ish in that way, and the manual is clearer than most Eurogames out there. The only part that could have been better in the manual is the difference between dominating a hex (ie having the highest product of elements and adaptations for a given hex) and having the most species on a hex, which are both important for the Dominance action. Also, keep in mind that the single biggest source of points is going to be the end-game scoring, between the ice age dominance card, the last Survival scoring, and the final phase where each hex is scored separately.

with regard to this Dominant Species is pretty much at the top of the list of games I need to play, along with Mage Knight.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jedit posted:

How many years did it take?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lichtenstein posted:

On one hand, this is getting too much for my continued belief in existence of Rutibex, and on the other this is far too elaborate for a simple troll/gimmick. Rutibex is either a CIA cell or an ingenious FFG shill paid to silence the critics of its best-seller.

[edit] For fucks sake, he even did youtube minecraft videos back in the day, this is just too perfect to be real.

Talisman as rutibex plays it is a different from talisman as sold as relic is from talisman

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

The Supreme Court posted:

I'm sorry Wil Weaton was such a dick to you, good luck on finding a new job

:golfclap:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm looking for a not-ridiculously-heavy Euro that sits a variable number of people (up to 5). Looking at Archipelago, it seems to be well regarded (depictions of aborigines excluded ) and it also has a solo expansion, which could be fun.

Terra Mystica

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

medchem posted:

I wonder if any of these people near the end of this video is Rutibex?

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/sneak-peek-game-night-470563907545

Now being accused of killing your wife or admitting publicly you enjoy Talisman six and two threes to be honest.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Baller Ina posted:

A question for those who have played One Night + Daybreak. I picked the two up for a party this weekend and I'd like input on the roles I picked out for a ten player game.

Mason x2
Werewolf x2
Mystic Wolf
Hunter
Bodyguard
Insomniac
Witch
Tanner
Seer
Robber
Minion

I felt that at ten people the wolves should have a shot at four players which is why I threw in the Mystic Wolf and I figured as long as I had access to more interesting villager team roles that it didn't make sense to have anyone being just a vanilla Villager, but having never played the game before I'm aware I may have no idea what I'm talking about. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to change, if any? I'd rather not use Doppelganger, Village Idiot, or Curator, but anything else I'm cool with.

Troublemaker is always fun.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
My 10s are currently Kemet Terra mystica and coup with Tash Kalar and Avalon at 9.5

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lord Frisk posted:

Get Game of Thrones

Playing it on Tuesday with the full number. :woop:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Played game of thrones tonight with the dance with dragons expansion. I was Tyrell so I was a target pretty much the entire game so I decided to hell with it and went hyper aggressive ended cycling my cards 3 times the game ended on the final round with me controlling 4 castles all three tokens and finishing third. Greyjoy won with stark just behind and the rest 2 castles behind me.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Gimnbo posted:

Also, when you say "I don't get all the hate" in a place full of said hate, you're kind of implicitly inviting people to explain the hate.

I'd say it was more explicitly asking people to explain why they hate it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Buy Terra Mystica that's all there is to it. It's the best.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I taught Terra mystica to a guy who was relatively new to board games a few weeks ago he obviously didn't do well but this last week he asked me to bring it again, so its obviously not as off putting to new gamers as people are making out.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Azran posted:

Remember a while back when I complained about Argentinian prices for board games?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-569913574-star-wars-imperial-assault-en-espanol-_JM

Yes, that's indeed $500 and change for Imperial Assault. Only copy on sale in the country I could find after a day of googling.

Jeeze for that price you could almost have it shipped from the US and have a monk hand illuminate the translation.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Mage Knight is coming by the end of the week :woop:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Do you mean your own copy is coming or the expansion is finally coming out? Either way that's exciting!

My copy.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
It arrived

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Played a couple of solo games of mage knight now. My first proper solo conquest game went kinda well didn't manage to fully defeat the last city, thinking about it I maybe should have kept the horn of wrath rather than burning it to take the first city.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Huxley posted:

Haha. Thanks. I'm on my 4th or 5th solo play through and have yet to finish a game without cheating accidentally.

Well at least you haven't made it hard on yourself by forgetting something like forgetting you alternate gold and grey units when you have a core tile discovered.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

OmegaGoo posted:

If it's any consolation, Crossfire isn't that bad. It's better than Splendor!

I love that splendor exists just as a dividing line between OK and bad

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Splendor. loving Splendor. Although one more post and I'm cosmic encounter...

Rumda fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 7, 2015

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Zombie #246 posted:

That means you're just good enough :)

But now people like me for no reason at all despite my massive faults

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mojo Jojo posted:

Interesting, interesting.

I haven't actually played Dominion for my sins, but that is the polar opposite of "game in a small box"

Yeah but Star Realms is the polar opposite of a good game.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
When the university is in term time I have 3 weekly sessions I can attend, plus semi regular full day Saturday sessions, along side a hand full of bigger once or twice a year regional scale game days.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Machai posted:

Better than the ambassador at least.

What no. You have no idea how to play coup if you think the ambassador is a bad card.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
A game I played with 6 a few months back had people sitting at 9 coins and using the Ambassador to stall since if the couped the one red team member it was certain they would be dead soon after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Pander posted:

At that point you pretty much have to start playing the theme to the Good the Bad and the Ugly.

pretty much