Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hehe, Vlaada's Travel Blog is $15 right now at Tanga, plus another 25% off:
https://www.tanga.com/deals/03878a6e6824/travel-blog-the-board-game?internal_campaign=channel

Also, Expedition Northwest Passage is 29.99 and Spyrium 19.99 before the 25%

How do you get the extra 25%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Ah gently caress, I was just about to pick up Roll for the Galaxy at Amazon but it appears they ran out of stock.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

What a bad way to play Codenames

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Bubble-T posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IlNbsILLE

Alien Artifacts is the best expansion.

Is it? I've only played the first two expansions and while I liked the addition of the new cards I can't say I was a fan of the new mechanics they introduced.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

My favorite thing about Race for the Galaxy is the 90's era sci fi book cover card art

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Wow, I didn't realize Pandemic Legacy is out

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Andarel posted:

Race for the Galaxy: Xeno Invasion Designer Diary is up! poo poo looks weird but I'm 100% buying it and giving it a shot. Alien Artifacts is the best "standard" Race experience by far, XI seems like a different beast with lots of cards that do weird poo poo a la a more balanced/reasonable Brink of War.

I look forward to it.

Goddamn, I love looking at new RFTG cards

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Speaking of getting rid of games, I'm about to thin out my collection. Do ya'll mostly just get rid of your no longer wanted games on craigslist or sell them online somewhere?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I've been waiting for Men at Work to become available. The SUSD stream looked fun, has anyone had any experience with it?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

My group, usually 3 or 4 people, loves Kemet but I feel like it's getting a little stale. Is it worth getting Ta-Seti or should we jump into trying Inis? Normally I would just grab the expansion but it's pretty expensive.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I posted some board games for sale (or trade) in SA mart https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892682

Please buy some of my games so I can buy more and my wife won't get mad at me

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Anyone have experience with the Root game on Steam? Does it teach the game well?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

The most complicated game our group plays is probably Kemet, I think the physical version of Root is probably too complex but if it does a good job automating rules do you think that would help ease the learning curve?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Magnetic North posted:

I'd suggest watching this video first. It's a tutorial for the physical game, and though not quite as concise as Rodney or Paul's vids, it is excellent at conveying the necessary thematic and gameplay information in a conversational and occasionally jokey tone. Then, the stuff in the video game version should hopefully make enough sense for you to kick it around a little easier. (Note: I say this as a person who learned on the physical game and Tabletop Simulator, and was well versed by the time the app came around.)

Thanks, I'll check it out.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Ayyy Inis has two expansions in development. The game feels complete as is so I’m curious where these take the game

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2580998/article/36760678#36760678

That reminds me, did that new version of Kemet come out and was it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Drafting in Flamme Rouge is a lot of fun.