Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?

nonathlon posted:

I thought that Villainous, Horrified and even the Fast and Furious games had decent reputations, albeit as light games. Which maybe doesn't bode well for a solid legacy game but it's a better pedigree than I would have expected.

There’s also pan am, and the funko game is supposed to be legit. For mass market names, prospero hall is a name I’ve come to trust.

Edit:
Oh $120 nope

Mighty Eris fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

To make sure I’m not just emptyquoting, once you get past not seeing actual dudes on the map this is bar non the best three player heavy interaction army men game.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by fragile.

I kind of love this because it shows how overloaded some of the terminology we use can get. The OP uses “fragile” to mean susceptibility to unconscious kingmaking (which is one of the reasons i don’t like auctions as a balancing mechanic but that’s just a pet peeve), you use it to mean the game can break down entirely, while I’ve always used it to describe Friedmann friese games.

By which I mean, they’ve always got fiddly rules that - when not observed properly - break the balance of the game, but when properly used make the game interesting.

This is kind of an excuse to talk about why I think Black Friday is a great game that should only be played with automation, in that tracking price adjustments and bag adjustments makes the in person game a pain in the rear end, but if you don’t follow all those specific minuscule changes the balance goes out of whack. But! Playing online, where it tracks all that poo poo for you? Great, unique stock game of cashing out of a stock bubble into stable funds. It’s one of the reasons I love FF games while kind of also dreading picking up a new one.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

The Initiative is definitely greater than the sum of its parts - the game, the comic, and the puzzles are each just a little on the side of bland for my taste, but they combine to make such a consistent vibe that I can’t help but be charmed by it.

Brock’s special ability is a little broken though - or at least we’ve abused it heavily and didn’t lose once through the entire campaign.