Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

OmegaGoo posted:

As soon as you explain to me how you can consistently win at Fluxx, I'll believe what you said here.

A strange game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I was recently accused of owning too many games, so thanks, goons, for helping to justify the cash I just dropped on Dungeon Lords: Anniversary and Specter Ops.

I'm not even using every shelf!

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Lorini posted:

Not working.

:negative:

You're so close! Just change the url to http://i.imgur.com/6IS8xhz.jpg

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Oooh, Miniature Market now has $6 flat rate shipping in the continental US.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

EvilChameleon posted:

Well, put in the order, getting me some Dungeon Lords anniversary, Viticulture, Glass Road and Tournay was on sale for 23bux so I decided why not, it'll look nice beside Troyes and it isn't a bad game. Thanks for the input to all my dumb questions, goons. Now the only thing I'm missing is an ant game :(

Myrmes?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Morpheus posted:

Caverna is the better game because it weighs like 100 lbs.

Is Caverna the one where the box lid doesn't even close properly while it's in the shrink wrap?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Cthulooper

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

It's great that goons are super progressive about promoting non-western art styles, but is it really that shocking to hear that John Q. Public still perceives Anime as a weird niche thing for nerds?

Also, the proposed alternative art for Tragedy Looper looks bland as poo poo.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Tekopo posted:

Boardgaming is a weird niche for nerds

Yes, which is why it's easier to trick your friends into playing boardgames if you minimize the number of stigmas to overcome.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

First Time Caller posted:

I'm looking for a good 2 player card game that is not Jaipur, Star Realms, Dominion, Splendor, Imperial Settlers, Race for the Galaxy, or San Juan. I've played and enjoyed the above except for Imperial Settlers.

Dead Man's Draw is pretty fun with 2. So is Hanabi.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

(Caylus)

Have you tried Dominion or Carcassonne?

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 4, 2015

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Oooh, how about At the Gates of Loyang? It's shopping Agricola.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Looks like you'll also be able to bundle in the original title & expansion as add-ons, once they sort our their pricing.

quote:

We will be launching an update w/ Add On's. Escalation will be part of that, it's currently out of print but will be reprinted in tandem w/ Exotica so that they are both available in retail at the same time.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Why pay $15 for shipping when you could buy another $85 worth of games and get free shipping :v:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

EvilChameleon posted:

Got Dungeon Lords: Happy Anniversary in the mail today and I'm happy that it has an insert that actually seems to hold all the stuff in a reasonable manner. I used the fancy guide they posted to fit it all in but the only thing that is bothering me is that in their pictures they have cubes that are more than just red. I only have red cubes in my copy. Am I missing cubes? And if so who should I be talking to? (I haven't ever played the game before so I dunno what components are needed/bonus/whatever)

I like the cut of your jib.

There should be one cube of each player color for the evil-ometer. Mine were in the large ziplock with the other wooden components.

Edit: Oh, you mean all the gem-like things in the top-left container? My copy didn't come with those either!

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

thespaceinvader posted:

The glass cubes were a kickstarter exclusive I believe.

Yep.

quote:

If we reach this stretch goal you will be getting more glass cubes! You will get 20 extra glass cubes (5 for each player) to mark the spells you and the other players have already seen. You can take a look at the card again if you forget, and you can also use knowledge of who has seen which card.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Bottom Liner posted:

That's great news, I'm going to pick up the Exotica/Escalation bundle whenever it's put up.

Eminent Domain updated their Kickstarter page:

Add-ons are available:
Eminent Domain
US - $30.00
Canada - $40.00
Rest of World - $45.00

Eminent Domain : Escalation
US - $20
Canada - $25
Rest of World - $30

So for $75 (in the US), you could get the entire expanded game.... $90 if you want Battlecruisers (which I know nothing about).

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

EvilChameleon posted:

Does that include shipping? I'm looking at the page and it says nothing about shipping. Dammit TMG / Seth, get your poo poo together. (I live in Canadurr for what it's worth.)

Yeah, that price includes shipping.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

When I got my copy of Microcosm I had to read the rules postcard like 3 times, and I skimmed all the cards' text in between each reading. It all came together after the 3rd reading, but it was a very tersely worded set of rules. Which was silly, since the back side of the rules sheet was literally just showing all of the cards in the game, seemed like a waste of space.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Arnm616 posted:

I am hosting a board game night in a few weeks and looking for suggestions for some 6 player games that are introductory to light weight. I have 7 wonders and Coup and am thinking about maybe picking up Libertalia or The Resistance: Avalon but would also like some other suggestions.

Cash & Guns, Samurai Sword, or Dixit?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Morpheus posted:

Played some Dungeon Lords over the weekend, holy poo poo did I get screwed by the very little randomness that game has. Traps I drew were useless, and the one time I had a strategy down pat, a random spell that forced my demon to attack the enemy in front, as opposed to that rear end in a top hat thief in the middle, completely hosed me.

Still though, that was because I wasn't managing my evil based on the adventurers coming through, or checking the combat cards at the same time, so it's partly my fault, but damnit that's the most frustrated I've been playing that game. Still so much fun, looking forward to jumping into the expansion once I've got another game or two under my belt.

What season did you attract the wizard? Once you've got at least one of them lined up there's really no excuse not to take the intel action.

Edit: Aside from the normal DL excuse, there weren't enough turns to get everything you needed AND everything you wanted :)

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Kai Tave posted:

Actually the whole Samurai Spirit thing raises a question...what are the good samurai-themed boardgames out there, if any?

I enjoy the samurai re-theme of Bang. Pretty light, but that's what you get with Bang.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Medium Style posted:

~Welcome to the Dungeon~

I just got my copy yesterday, and am playing it with a group of four tomorrow. Any teaching tips? I was thinking of running through it with the Warrior for the first few rounds, before running rounds with the other heroes, and maybe playing with all cards face up for the very first round.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

burger time posted:

Uh... it's really simple. I don't think you need to play an open face round, that will only make the game confusing, because if the cards are face up, there's no game there whatsoever.

Just wondering if it'd help to make the mechanics click as far as what you should be looking out for, and what you should assume the other players are doing.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Tendales posted:

Welcome to the Dungeon is a nice enough filler game, but it triggers one of my big pet peeves: fundamental rules are just missing from the rulebook.
Yeah, these should have been included in the rulebook but the IELLO rep on BGG did try to clear them up. I've posted them below.

quote:

Like was mentioned earlier, there's no rule for what order you face the monsters. Last in first out? First in first out?
Last in, first out. Build the stack, then pop monsters off the top.

quote:

The way the turn flow goes, whoever enters the dungeon one round starts the next round. If they were eliminated, though, then the next player is ????????.
The person to the eliminated player's left.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Rexides posted:

My and a a friend of mine are going for a three-day hiking trip soon. In-between gawking at the majesty of mother nature, we would like to have some kind of game to play because we are huge nerds. Do you have any suggestions for a game where:

• It can be tightly packed (even if the original box is bighuge)
  • Doesn't weight that much
  • Good for two players (doesn't matter if co-op or competitive)
  • Does not require large flat surfaces.
  • Lasts less than half an hour
  • It's not "Just bring a deck of playing cards you nerds"

Mechanically we are into all kinds of things. I'd prefer good games, but given all the other restrictions I can't be too picky, as long as it's not really bad (haven't been in the thread for a while, are we allowed to diss Munchkin?). I was thinking that it would be a good opportunity to buy Dominion, but I am kinda worried about the surface required to put all the decks.

Hive, No Thanks!, Hanabi or any of the multitude of Yahtzee clone dice games...

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Have you considered playing The Most Dangerous Game? :getin:

Lawn darts?

e: or Mumblety-peg

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Also, Kingdom Builder is on Tabletop today so that should make things even more interesting!

http://wilwheaton.net/2015/06/tabletop-kingdom-builder-and-screwing-up-the-rules/

lol

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Morpheus posted:

Also, if you aren't storing the cards in the little card slots...I don't even know. I guess you're a monster.

(Or Ghost)

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Turtlicious posted:

Is skull skull and roses or something els? Kind of hard to google.

"Skull" is the reprint / Asmodee edition of "Skull & Roses"

It's great, buy it.

e: not for that price though, holy crap

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

It's Flash Point but you have to roll dice to put out fires, and pull cards off a deck to get equipment.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAHAMAS-50-1-CENT-2009-STARFISH-COINS-/121700672555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c55ece42b

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Bang! Dice, maybe.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

CodfishCartographer posted:

So I'm hanging with friends tonight, and I fear we may wind up playing munchkin. Someone just bought it and is intent on playing it. I'll be bringing some actual good games and will trying my best to ensure we play as little munchkin as possible, but it'll probably happen at least once. Any suggestions for rule changes to make it less terrible?

Drink heavily, set a hard 30 minute time limit, only play to level 7.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

:siren: Caylus reprint

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/135680

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Big McHuge posted:

Also, re: Lords of Waterdeep insert. It's a neat concept that falls completely flat unless you keep the box completely flat. Even with a box-band to hold it snug, every single time it was opened there was giant mess of tokens and cards waiting for me.

My friend flipped the box over to read the text on the bottom, and immediately realized his mistake, since my eyes went :eyepop:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I finally bought Mage Knight since no one here can shut up about it.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Picked up Fresco a few weeks ago on a recommendation, and finally got a play of it in last night. I really enjoyed it, I felt like it did everything Lords of Waterdeep tries to do, but with even better theme and interaction.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

While on topic, anyone in SE Michigan near Novi? We should meet up and talk about this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tabletopia/tabletopia-the-digital-platform-for-board-games

Why buy Tabletop Simulator when you can subscribe to Tabletopia?

(Although 95% less likely to get DMCA'd since they're working with the license holders)