Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Why would you leave official #1 boardgame of all time, Cosmic Encounter, out of the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Schizoguy posted:

I've never played Tash Kalar. I watched a bit of a Rahdo video, thought I had a decent enough handle on the game.

...am I supposed to memorize every single card in all of the decks? In the physical game, isn't there an option to play with two identical decks? Why is that not an option at BGA?

I played it like four times and I remember most of the Imperial deck by now. It's not that difficult. At the back of the manual there's a bit of Vlaada's secret mnemonics that you might want to read (Riding based units are all L-shaped etc).

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Those are my favourite games, along with Side Chain.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Ropes4u posted:

Despite knowing I won't get them to table very often I also want to own.
Unconditional Surrender

Go for it imo, you can always solitaire it. It's really easy to learn considering its scale. The naval rules are a bit harder to grasp but you can always start with the scenarios that don't involve them.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Is there a decent program to learn/play Shogi on pc or android?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Yes there is! My favorite boardgame program ever is an old rear end thing called Zillions of Games.
Wow, I think I had this on a shareware cd in the 90's. I'll try it out!