Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

space station 13 is far and byond the best multiplayer crew spaceship simulator that has ever graced god's green console

I have been waiting years for something comparable to come out, to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Frank Horrigan posted:

I actually played that for the first time the other night. I joined the server, and was immediately greeted by a bunch of people covered in blood running around and screaming. One guy was on fire. :allears:

I have to say it has quite a high learning curve. The fun goes up exponentially the more you discover about the game. Each round is entirely unique. One round you might ask the robotics dude to take your brain out to put it into a cyborg and instead he'll cut off your rear end, to wear as a hat, and just flush your body down the garbage disposal. Another round you might be the botanist, create the perfect strain of weed, only to succumb to cosby disease; blissful sweater, catchphrases and all. It encourages you to roleplay your rear end off because ultimately it's a huge sandbox where every single thing can be hosed with by another thing with interesting objectives giving a feeling of haste and fear to each encounter with another person.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Frank Horrigan posted:

Re: SS13 talk: Some guy stabbed me to death 90 seconds after I joined the round. GG

that human being traitor george mellons!

it's always best to just play gently caress gently caress if you come in late to a game, if you can't find the head of personnel to give you a real job, and then start fresh on a new round with one of the jobs you want

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Does anyone have Mars Colony: Challenger that could tell me if it's fun with friends or not?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pookum posted:

Hey cool I used to do that noir thing as the detective a few years ago. I think my BYOND name was Skintag.

Had some good times on donut station, made a lot of bombs, got banned a lot.
My favorite ss13 trick was to steal the teleporter, throw a radio transponder into a welded shut locker. Then I would just run around making portals and pulling people into them. they would be stuck in the locker for the rest of the round unless someone found them.

I used to take pictures of the clown banana peel when he placed it on the ground. I would then place the picture over it. I swear to god people had to walk over it. Each time they did they'd slip on the ground and I could properly interrogate them.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Frank Horrigan posted:

This is the kind of poo poo I really want to get up to in SS13, but I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to put water into a mop bucket so I guess I'm just too retarded for that game. I'm Stankfanger in BYOND, character name is usually Cuck Rodgers.

Pleased to meet you Cuck Rodgers. The name's Biff Sizzlechest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I would always put up wet floor signs when washing the floor in the most populated part of the station(as janitor). That way you redshirts had no loving excuse to taze me and take my slip proof boots.

• Locked thread