Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Gradius 3 for the SNES was baller as gently caress. I owned it for a couple months before actually playing it though, because I thought the white grid on startup was an error that meant the cartridge was bad. Anyway this thread is about games that take place in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
The first one had a cool story, and the conversation with Sovereign was a pretty awesome reveal. Plus walking along the outside of the Citadel while he just loving looms over you was great. Gameplay sucked poo poo though.

Freelancer is a good space game, by the way.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I actually played that for the first time the other night. I joined the server, and was immediately greeted by a bunch of people covered in blood running around and screaming. One guy was on fire. :allears:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
gently caress you for making me go play SS13 in the middle of the day.

Also, X: Rebirth is pretty bad. X2 still the best X, I guess.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

BERGfu posted:

Horrigan you looking for scifi stuff that required space at one point like Red Faction or just straight out space?

If you're not on Earth or an Earth-like planet at any point in the game, it's cool with me. Red Faction is very much welcome, that game was loving awesome.

BERGfu posted:

It was pretty I guess too bad there isn't much under the surface

Shut up, Betty.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Re: SS13 talk: Some guy stabbed me to death 90 seconds after I joined the round. GG

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Sleepy Owl posted:

hello, frank

:wave:

I was the AI this round, and somebody added a law saying that I had to narrate everything like a noir film. It went well, some engineer ended up dragging me to the escape shuttle.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Finster Dexter posted:

Rimworld is pretty fun for being DF-lite in space.

Rimworld is fun as hell. PROTIP: Amputate prisoners' legs to prevent escapes :eng101:

Is that Starsector?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

AE-35 Unit posted:

elite dangerous comes out tomorrow

okay cya

Acquire Currency! posted:

/\/\ op is all over that lol

:unsmigghh:

e: I have like... 200 hours in that game already. It's alright :reject:

Frank Horrigan fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 16, 2014

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
It looks pretty slick, but I don't know about dropping money on it just yet. Maybe I'll watch a few youtube videos first.

Anyway, let's talk Kerbal Space Program. That game is gangsta as gently caress.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Pookum posted:

Hey cool I used to do that noir thing as the detective a few years ago. I think my BYOND name was Skintag.

Had some good times on donut station, made a lot of bombs, got banned a lot.
My favorite ss13 trick was to steal the teleporter, throw a radio transponder into a welded shut locker. Then I would just run around making portals and pulling people into them. they would be stuck in the locker for the rest of the round unless someone found them.

This is the kind of poo poo I really want to get up to in SS13, but I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to put water into a mop bucket so I guess I'm just too retarded for that game. I'm Stankfanger in BYOND, character name is usually Cuck Rodgers.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Elite: Dangerous officially launched today. It's a good space game, probably the best spaceflight sim since Freespace 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I'm not really sure what to make of that game. It's complex, the premise is interesting, and it doesn't feel janky or unpolished. It's also... I don't know, not very fun? :shrug:

It goes on sale all the time, cheap enough that I guess it's worth checking out.

• Locked thread