Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Hatred seems like one of those games that would be dumb to purchase at full price, but even something like a 50%-off sale would make it a good purchase for some quick mindless fun.

I'm hoping that they make the difficulty fair instead of copying Postal 1's bullshit difficulty that made the game a tremendous pain in the rear end if you didn't play it at the lowest difficulty level. It's pretty hard to get into the "KILL 'EM ALL!" mindset the game wants you to be in when you're slithering through cover with little health at the start of the map because the map designer thought it would be hi-lar-ious to put only a single health pickup that gives you 10 health in the entire map and bombard you with lots of enemies at the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobtista posted:

Does it have actual gameplay or is it just "no russian" but for the whole length of the game

Postal 1, which is what this game is pretty much a copy of of, had enemies like cops, dudes in t-shirts with rocket launchers, and dudes in tanktops that throw grenades. The writeup on Greenlight says the cops will be going after you, so it's not just opening fire on harmless NPCs in a variety of environments.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

I legitimately hope it's actually a good game, but I know it will be shovleware trash that is using its "edginess" as its hook.

It reminds me of old game mods from the late 90s where the devs were in over their heads, but they somehow managed to make and release something even though it wasn't all that good.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

The only thing that looks cool in this is environmental destruction so hopefully another game has that

I bet it's all scripted.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

I remember when this game was banned in at least two countries

More games need to let enemies do the Chaingun Cha-Cha when you unload an automatic weapon into them.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I think Ddraig needs to chill out and play his favorite game, Far Cry 2, instead of throwing another temper tantrum. Clearing out the same outpost a few times and getting attacked by his own allies should clear his mind and show him what a real grimdark game is.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

I think people shouldn't block the sale of something just because they disagree with it.

That being said I'm not going to buy this game, because it looks bad and the developers seem like assholes.

Thanks for listening to my opinion.

Mods, can we get a ban on this fascist-loving bastard?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm just glad we have so many anti-fascist fighters here. If it wasn't for brave warriors like icantfindaname and Ddraig, the fascists would be rolling in and taking over gaming before you could say "white knight".

Maybe they should team up with the "Anti-Kitten Burning Coalition" and "Citizens Against Murder" so they can make an unstoppable anti-evil coalition and defeat all of the evils in the world.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
At this point, the meltdowns over the game getting greenlit seem to be just as, if not more than, entertaining than the game itself:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

Ahahaha they want the top AMD videocard on the market for an isometric shooter.

The power of bad coding never ceases to amaze.

• Locked thread