Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Reverse Centaur posted:

Is the 6p on the American google store?

It is not, and the 6 is still showing in stock for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can anyone else read what that url was in the google photos picture: http://live.arstechnica.com/google-nexus-launch-2015/images/IMG_0501.JPG

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

:( I was hoping it would be a hidden link to the preorder page...

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Quick question, I am still using my Note 3 I got 2 years ago and I still really enjoy it, but I am getting about 6 hours of battery life out of it. The screen isn't on all the time, and I've been watching what is taking the battery life, and its android OS and android system so there are no rogue apps.

Could it just be after 2 years of charging my battery is finally going bad?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I am not sure if this is the right thread or not but here we go...

I have a note 5 and I am looking for a privacy screen. Not really a phone screen protector and I am not looking for something permanent. I fly alot and I want to slip something over my phone so the people next to me can't read my business deals.

I have this for my laptop and I have found screen protectors with glue that can go on my phone but I was wondering if they made something I could just slide over?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Desk Lamp posted:

I have a friend with a Note 5 and she has 2. One of them you just slide over by due to the curve on the screen you get this bright glow around the edges. The other one comes with a frame to eliminate the glow but is a more permanent solution. I don't have any links since I don't own the phone myself, but I can confirm they exist at least.

The glow would be fine, could you maybe ask her what it is called?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

alnilam posted:

Got goatse'd in public one too many times huh? Haven't we all...

I couldn't give a poo poo about that. Who cares if someone sees something like that on your phone on a plane? Sucks to be them if they get offended or care.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Desk Lamp posted:

Apparently they're found on Amazon as tempered glass privacy screen protectors.

:( The only one's I am seeing are the one's that have adhesive

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I just broke my Note 5 and after reading a bunch bought a LG V20. I am looking for a case that isn't gody, doesn't make it bulky, and will help protect the camera glass that I heard breaks easily. What manufacturer should I be looking at?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

EdEddnEddy posted:

I am a fan of the Spigen Liquid Crystal ones on my 6P and other devices. Decent protection with little added bulk and doesn't hide the original phone look too much.

That plus a glass screen protector and you're golden.

Thanks man I will check that out!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I think this is the right thread. I have an LG V20 and am currently using the LG keyboard but it doesn't do predictive text. Can someone recommend me a better one?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
The GBoard looks like exactly what I was looking for, thanks guys!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I dont know what happened but google updated and I can't add songs from my phone through the YouTube app onto my Xbox YouTube. Any ideas?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

sleepwalkers posted:

Guessing they mean casting.

Yeah sorry my xbox youtube app. Before I could cast to my xbox YouTube app from my android YouTube app. By clicking the icon in the top right on the phone. I could queue multiple songs but now that icon is gone??

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

fyallm posted:

Yeah sorry my xbox youtube app. Before I could cast to my xbox YouTube app from my android YouTube app. By clicking the icon in the top right on the phone. I could queue multiple songs but now that icon is gone??

Not sure if anyone cares but I figured out YouTube decided to remove this funcality from their app and move it to their paid YouTube tv app. But you can still do this through their mobile site. Those asshats

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
That is pretty funny. And Novi is boring af, same with famrington hills.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
My RCS has been broken pretty much nonstop the last 3 months... I have a note 9 and no matter if I'm on wifi or regular mobile data... UGH. I cant figure it out other than carrier services is dying

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I love my Note 9 and do not want to give up on it.. but I am being forced to upgrade due to not pushing security updates to it anymore.. Im suppose to upgrade before the end of the year, which sucks because I know the new phones will be released in February....

What is the best android out right now if I love my Note 9?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Desk Lamp posted:

Galaxy S22 Ultra is essentially the latest Note. We're literaly weeks away from the S23 Ultra though, which is bound to have some insane launch trade in offers and preorder incentives. If you can hold on just a little bit, I'd get the S23. If you can't wait, then the S22 Ultra will have everything you love from the Note 9 and more.

When you say weeks do you mean like in December? Or really won't get it till February?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

bull3964 posted:

It's going to be Feb, but it really should be a big leap from the S22U.

Plus, you are short changing yourself a year of updates if you don't wait for the S23U.

If you need a phone that's got current patches for some reason, figure out a way to get a cheap stopgap device that's still supported.

Well shoot... maybe ill look at swappa for a cheap inbetween phone, my work requires an up to date security patches phone due to my job.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

withoutclass posted:

Well hopefully they're paying for a phone they require you to have?

They pay for the line, but not the phone. And technically i can have an older phone just can't have any work applications. And it makes my job 50x easier if i can use my phone.

fyallm fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 12, 2022

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Deviant posted:

if your work requires a phone your work should purchase the phone

They don't require a phone. They allow me to use one to make my job eaiser/more convenient for me. And they do pay for the actual monthly service for the line.

Anyways, thanks for the tip about the new phone

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Resdfru posted:

Just pre-ordered 2 S23 Ultras from Fi. They have a really good deal for existing customers, 600 dollars off teh 512GB version so its 25 a month. Plus, trading in the old S21 Ultra so the new phone will be 100 bucks.

I just hope I don't regret trading it in. Last time I sent them a phone they said they didn't get it and I had to fight them and say how the Fedex tracking said they accepted it. Then they went and found it magically.

Just pre-ordered my s23 ultra as well, going from my note 9 to this thing.. So sad I have to get rid of my note 9

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

I've been using the Note 9 in the meantime and somehow it just feels much better to use. It has to go though as none of my work poo poo is supported anymore on this version.

Ugh don't say that. I have been using this thing without a single thing I dislike about it for the last ~5 years but like you, I can't use it anymore because of the lack of security updates. Really hoping they got the s23 ultra right

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

Got the S22 back. I think it's partly software - the new one is more locked down and I can't change the DPI, so everything is too huge for my taste. The other thing is that I think I mildly prefer the fingerprint scanner on the back, an the thinner edges on Note9 somehow feel nicer to hold, despite the phones being the same thickness. And the headphone jack. And S-pen on the right side somehow makes more sense to me.

The fingerprint on the back makes so much more sense. I am going to miss that feature greatly, it is just a more natural position. And yeah I just honestly think the note 9 was just a perfect phone. still cant believe headphone jacks arent a thing anymore

fyallm fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 2, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
drat, thos s23 ultra is super smooth and fast af. Still getting use to the weight and thickness compared to the note 9. Also, put the fingerprint scanner back on the back

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Resdfru posted:

Absolutely

not

Why not? My pointer finger is already on the back and its so much more convenient

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

It restarted by itself again twice last night, one sometime between 10 pm and 2 am (because I fell asleep on my couch) and once between 2:30 and 8 am. So my best guess right now is that it does it when it's been idle for a while because when it happened in front of me yesterday I was busy with work and hadn't touched my phone in a while. Might try leaving my phone on playing a livestream overnight to see if it still reboots for no reason.

Have you checked to make sure auto optimization is turned off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

As explained earlier, yes

Weird, my s23 ultra hasnt restarted yet or glitched at all. Im on verizon and did the Samsung wireless connect to move about 100gigs over.

Wonder if something from previous phone is causing a glitch