Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

For people who care and ordered a tylt vu during black friday, they emailed me that they got their shipment in, and my order is being processed and shipped next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

1. Bestbuy had no cases

Grab a TPU case off amazon for $10 or whatever. Just bought a tudia myself while waiting for diztronic to drop their ballistic nylon version.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

zocio posted:

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a Droid Turbo, so to the ones that have it, any issues with it so far?, anything you don't like?, any issue I should expect coming from a 2013 Moto X (which I love but for it's battery), besides the size increase?

Really no complaints. Having qi and turbo charging is unreal, I love this thing. Get a diztronic case and live in phone heaven.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does the s5 with lollipop really not support multiple users?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Rusty! posted:

Oh, well they used to strip it out, then.

Well, MY WIFEs recently updated s5 doesn't have it as far as I can tell. I'll tell her she got samsung'd I guess.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

r0ck0 posted:

Not sure what your problem is but you should use this app since it allows you to backup your 2fa data. Makes wiping your phone and reinstalling much easier.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mufri.authenticatorplus

Or just use Authy for $0

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

wooger posted:

Seriously? What do you think is going to happen - NDAs are unenforceable garbage, and no one from Motorola is reading this thread, or they might've gotten a clue and put a non-laughable camera in a phone. Ever.

My droid turbo camera is pretty good sorry

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

So I guess exposed thing is out or something. http://www.xda-developers.com/xposed-framework-for-android-lollipop-is-here/

Apologies if this should be in the rooted thread

kri kri fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 13, 2015

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know why I have the add to contacts option from a Hangouts thread on my n7 but not my droid turbo?

I somehow found it buried under People and options.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 19, 2015

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Require More Fire posted:

Qi charging is nice, Turbocharging is actually useful.

Both are pretty useful for me :shrug:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I skipped a bunch of posts but it looks like google finally added nicknames.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...ord-experiment/

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hazborgufen posted:

I have the same charger. It's the pad that beeps not the phone. Also dumb is that the indicator light flashes red and yellow as the phone charges which is great when you are trying to sleep. It's dumb and stupid and has been relegated to sitting on my computer desk at home where it works just fine.

Get this instead:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1SHFJA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this on my nightstand. No dumb beeping and the indicator light just glows green when charging. Word of warning though, it is lighter in weight and doesn't have rubber feet, so depending on where you put it the pad might not be substantial enough to stay put. The USB cord tension kept moving the pad around on my nightstand. I put some rubber feet on mine and it stays in place so there's that.

Anyway, hope that helps. Qi charging is the best thing ever.

No get this one instead

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LE6X5VU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Working awesome, works basically the same as my much more expensive (regular pricing) tylt vu.

and its got rubber feet :smugdroid:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to have motorola assist work with a hidden appointment or some sort? I don't need something I see on my calendar that tells me I am at work, but I would like it to silence the phone when I am there. Any ideas?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MaxDuo posted:

So it seems the general consensus of the goons at this point is lots of disappointment in all the Android phones. I even saw Zom Aur say Samsung is one disappointment after the other.... in general it seems people have been fairly happy when they talk about the Sony Z3 stuff, and one guy mentioned that they have a good battery life. If you don't want a giant mega screen phone are they basically the best thing to go with now?

I love the droid turbo, why would you expect people to post in here if everything is working great?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

DaveSauce posted:

So is it just me or does Android like to just go ahead and update apps without permission?

Occasionally I'll get updates for apps that I don't like or don't want to bother wasting my time with so I ignore them. Then after a few days another app will need an update, and I'll notice that the ones I ignored are still there, so I update what I want to update and continue to ignore the others. But then after a while it seems the apps I ignored are showing as "up to date" even though I never actively updated them. What's the deal there, and why does Google bother to even ask me about these if they're just going to get updated anyhow?

As for the reason why I don't update, they're usually stupid Verizon/other pre-loaded apps that I don't give two shits about but can't delete. Or they're apps that coast along gaining popularity and then sell out and pile on ads in an update.

Do you have auto update enabled?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Droid Turbo?!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mooktastical posted:

Diztronic TPU. Now and forever.

Amen.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Which car mount should I get for my droid turbo? I have a 2009 civic. I am willing to do dealextreme or ebay, just not willing to spend 60+ on this proclip thing. Cheers!

Oh I need one for a 2012 civic and a samsung s5 for my WIFE.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 23, 2015

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

hooah posted:

I've had this for over a year now, and I really like it. It comes with two plates of magnetizable metal, but I found my Nexus 4 didn't need them. And since I'm actually going to be moving to my parents' Verizon plan this weekend, I also today discovered that the Turbo sticks to it pretty well as well.

Cool thanks.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Share > copy to clipboard.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

nimper posted:

This does not work with pictures.

Oh, that sucks.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Stick100 posted:

$199 for the base with 16 gig storage and they announced a new version at $299 with a 500 gb hard drive. The original K1 was roughly about as powerful as a 360, this is another generation past that, this device will likely straddle the compute and GPU power differences between the 360/XBONE. Also this device is the first affordable device with 4k output.

The $299 version isn't available for public sale.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Schmoli posted:

I'm using this Tylt Vu knockoff from amazon for 25$ and it's working great on my droid turbo. I had the AT&T hockey puck before and I hated that I had to align it where this I just put it on. I'll take my puck and DIY a mount for it at my office someday.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7IBDGW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seconding this, good value.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

They really need to do this, about time.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/07/rumor-google-planning-to-make-android-privacy-controls-more-granular/

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Risket posted:

I guess this is the right place to ask this question.

Is there a way that I play the video content that I've purchased on iTunes on my Android devices?
I've done some Googling, and come up with a bunch of shady options. I tried DoubleTwist, but that seems to be music only, videos are more difficult.

I am pretty sure you need to remove the DRM and then maybe use VLC to play it? You could transfer via airdroid or something to the phone.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I think it depends on if you are using Google Voice or not. When I was still using hangouts for SMS, I was using carrier SMS and I could easily see who everyone was in the message.

This must be it since I use GV and hangouts and I can't tell at all who is in a group, and I can't really add people to a group message reliably.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah its very stupid. The photos technically do show up under google plus, albeit only visible to you.

It makes a lot more sense with how they are now putting them into google drive, I like it much better.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

vyst posted:

Just got the galaxy s6 edge. Holy poo poo is this better than the galaxy s5

I'm not sure is this a question

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Yay, debut the perfect phone and android wearable please.

But the droid turbo is already out?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Thanks!

Are we not able to mass delete with the new Photos? I know we can with Google+ Photos but...

Yes you can use ctrl and select, etc. That should select the photos you want then click the trash icon.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mogomra posted:

You might need to disable/enable that feature for your line in the VZW account management application? I think it's preloaded on the phone.

While we're talking about the Turbo, are there any decent cases for the ballistic nylon version? I've had this case since March-ish, and it's become loose. My phone can slide up and down while it's inside the case, and it's super annoying.

Have diztronic replace it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I was hoping they would have a dummy phone or something, I've seen store managers giving away dummy phones as kid's toys. All I could do is compare them against my phone and my fiancee's G3.

The 2013 seemed like it might be near the largest that will work.

Just bring in a cardboard box and make a cutout, duh.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

They have unsecured PCs, graphics cards, stereo systems, and other high-dollar items.

I didn't realize they made PC sized jort pockets

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

cool

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/29/lollipop-is-finally-coming-to-the-droid-turbo/

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

So I am "supposed" to use moto display if I can use this ambient display setting?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Sigh, I knew the loss of "Silent" mode was coming but it sure didn't make it any less annoying when it happened.

Exactly my thoughts after using it since last night.

Hace posted:

Ambient display doesn't use any of motos special hardware sooooo
Thanks - I am back to using moto display.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

revmoo posted:

That's hosed.

Rooting is no problem. Unlocked my S6A yesterday and root is on the agenda for today. I'm locking this phone the gently caress down when it comes to poo poo playing around in the background. Learned that lesson from my last phone. Too much Chinese spyware garbage and poo poo phoning home to Google for no reason draining my battery.

It's really too bad, I think this is an issue Google needs to address. I'm terrified to download anything from the Play store or even buy apps because I don't trust all the poo poo they're doing in the background. It's becoming a bit of a PR problem for Android tbh.

They are addressing it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Crotch Fruit posted:

My Nexus 7 2013's charger port finally gave up last night, it is currently charging on my wife's Galaxy S6 wireless charger but it simply refuses to work with the micro USB cable. I searched ebay and I can find a replacement board with the USB port for $55 and I am not yet ready to pay that much. One local store wants $90, the other only said that my tablet was worthless junk and I should go buy an iPad. . .

Does anyone know of a place I can send my tablet to to have a new port soldered on for a reasonable price? Or perhaps just a cheaper source than ebay for the charing port/board? I own a soldering iron but I have never attempted to solder something as small as a micro usb port before.

Why don't you just get a qi charger for it?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Casting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

kitten smoothie posted:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/droid-turbo-screen-assurance-faqs/

There is a promo with the Droid Turbo, wherein you get one free replacement due to broken screen, provided it happens within 2 years of purchase.

Anyone use this on a screen lift issue? There is no screen damage on mine, but the screen is lifting in the bottom left part of the phone. I will hit up the VZN store tonight, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.