Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

redreader posted:

When are we expecting the moto g5 + ?

B&H has them up saying "coming soon" but according to a poster on the Lenovo forums, the B&H placeholders originally said that they would be available for purchase this Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Anyone know when the Moto G5+ is due out in the USA and what the price will be? Trouble finding definitive answers via google.

From the previous page:

Riller posted:

B&H has them up saying "coming soon" but according to a poster on the Lenovo forums, the B&H placeholders originally said that they would be available for purchase this Friday.

And now the B&H site says that it is expected to be available on March 28th. I'm eagerly awaiting this since I bought my wife a G4+ on Black Friday and we were both impressed with the overall quality for the price ($219). I've been wanting to upgrade my own phone, but was trying to hold out until the G5+ release here.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

bull3964 posted:

G5+ now has an official release date and price for the US. Both 32gb and 64gb can be had with steep discounts with amazon ads.
http://www.droid-life.com/2017/03/23/moto-g5-plus-hits-us-march-31-229-185-amazon-ads/

B&H has them available for pre-order, available on the 28th with free expedited shipping (2-day for most of the east coast). Pricing is $229 or $299 depending on the internal storage.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Going to be on vacation soon and wanted to get pocketable USB battery packs to charge my 6P and wife's Pixel. You still can't get any good USB-C battery packs in pocketable sizes! Now I'm going to have to get regular USB packs (I prefer the type with integrated cables while traveling so I don't lose cables) and hope I don't lose USB-C adapters.

Aukey makes a 5000mah USB-C pack, but 1) it doesn't have captive cables and 2) it sucks anyway.

What about something like this? No integrated cable, but I've been using one of their older power banks for a few years now and it's been great.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

homeless posted:

I bought the thread sponsored G5+ in an emergency, seems like a big step up from my boot looping LG G3. Thanks for that. Pros and cons hold up, was a bit disappointed by the screen at first but feel like I'm already over it.

Anyone have a minimalist case recommendation for this slippery thing? It took flight this morning with no damage, but now I'm in mitigation mode.

Looking at this guy currently, not thrilled with the buttons:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBP9LRS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one of those when I first bought my G5+ because I wanted some protection for it until beefier cases were available. It worked fine for me for a couple of months, and definitely kept the phone from feeling like it was going to slip out of my hands at any moment. I realize this isn't minimalist, but I'm now using one of these (without the included belt clip) and I really like it: https://www.amazon.com/Evocel-Generation-Kickstand-Motorola-EVO-MOTG5PLUS-XX01/dp/B072251R26