Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm not sure Microsoft takes avatar certificates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Edward IV posted:

Is there a way I can contribute code? I'm currently working towards a Masters in Computer Science and one of my classes is having us write an app. Our group has decided on an Android app so I need to start cutting my teeth on Android app development.

sure ;)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

DrDork posted:

Pretty sure icons are set by your carrier, with no way to change it (other than maybe rooting it).

Lmao who thought that would be a good idea

it was the carriers

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ah thats a shame. I was looking at replacing my P3 with this years Pixel but I sure as hell am not going to buy a phone with a 1st gen Google processor

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

frosteh posted:

Pixel 3a got Android 12. I like to do a factory reset after a new version update. Will this mess up anything with my Google Authenticator app?

Your codes will not survive the reset and you will be locked out of all your accounts. Make sure to back them up or disable 2fa before resetting your phone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm unhappy about the android 12 look and feel but I'm way too lazy to go back to 11. Looking forward to using my phone less and/or growing to dislike using it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Okay, maybe the overscroll effect is actually enough to make me switch back. My pixel 3 isn't getting further security updates anyway, might as well switch to whatever the hell cyanogen is called these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

YouGov