Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Shadowgate posted:

Yeah IF the google restore works it doesn't take too long. Then you have to relogin to all your apps, it's not super easy. Anyways I shouldn't have to do this poo poo. I've been using Android since the Nexus One days and Lollipop was a huge step backwards.

Nobody's arguing that you should have to do it, but if you want to fix your issue, there it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
What are you looking to gain from posting that

"My phone's not working correctly and it sucks and I'm hella angry!!"

"sorry!?"

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
And also if you are admitting that Lollipop is broken on your device (I had major issues with 5.0 when it pushed to me N5 before I upgraded to an N6) then why don't you loving roll back to Kit Kat like has been recommended? Or do you not have enough time to do that, but plenty of time to complain about it?

Lollipop has issues, everyone (except dudes that are trolling you with little to no effort) knows this, but thanks again for ignoring advice given in the thread

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Shadowgate posted:

I think the real answer is don't buy android.

Then just don't buy an Android lol. This does not bother anyone.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
My first phone was an iPhone 4, followed by N5 and N6. I've never owned a bad phone, it's been pretty great.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

RVProfootballer posted:

BBM is available on Android and iOS now, isn't it? There's literally no reason to suffer a BB device anymore.

Did you miss the posts about the dudes that are still in love with physical keyboards

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i love how many wacky niche cases pop up in the android thread

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Lblitzer posted:

Isn't this like Android to the T?

no, actually the vast majority of people just use their galaxy or note and never even think about posting in a phone enthusiast thread

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Mooktastical posted:

So there's an aluminum bumper case out now for the Z3c that's $57.50 shipped. If you can get over the price, it looks like everything one could want in a case. Slim profile, adequate protection, and holes in all the right spots.

Once it arrives, I won't need my current Incipio Dualpro, so if any goons want it, shoot me a pm. I only ask for said goon to cover shipping cost. Fair warning, it has been sanded down on the back plastic and had a hole added for the magnetic charging port.

but my Diztronic is everything i want in a case for a quarter the price

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

monster on a stick posted:

I just want guddamn Lollipop for my Moto X 2013. Why is this so hard?

I always like showing it off to people who have large phones - they play around with it and say "wait this is really comfy in the hand and I can do everything with my thumb" :smug:

And if you gave me your phone to hold I'd laugh and say I could never go back to using a baby phone. Opinions!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Turbo charging is life changing and loving owns and I never want to own a phone without it

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hace posted:

But qi charging!!

Also owns, get a Nexus idiots

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

PinnacleOrBust posted:

But really, if you're genuinely worried about a targeted attack, isn't setting any trusted place (or smart lock feature for that matter) a bad idea for the potential of exploitation alone?

B-b-but...my edge case...

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The android thread loving owns

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

BonoMan posted:

I'm loving the Moto X (2013) so far however I immediately want another inch on this screen. Also the OS is crazy cluttered. It's smooth thank god, but if there's one thing Windows Phone DID actually do right it was the UX experience was great.

Get a 2014 X or a Nexus 6.

Also you might be the only person that's ever called the X's OS cluttered.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I imagine if any Android does 240fps it would be a Samsung, considering their entire brand is built on copping iPhone features

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Desk Lamp posted:

The Galaxy S and the Galaxy Note can.

This is one feature that debuted on the Galaxy line before making it's way to iPhones, ironically enough.

Ha, well there you go

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ruby idiot railed posted:

Actually, the Galaxy S6 is the only correct purchase.

In a twist that will surprise no one, the Tylt car charger is too wide to secure the phone.

Works fine on my N6, what are you doing wrong

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

RZA Encryption posted:

Wow, songs playing completely randomly? That's never happened to me, but if it did I'd think android was complete dogshit and switch to iOS. Why would you continue to use something that fucks up something as basic as "don't do things arbitrarily"?

Because that's a very rash decision based on something happening once. iOS has bugs too (granted I haven't used it since I had an iPhone 4 over 2 years ago, maybe it's literally flawless now)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I use both QC and Qi every day multiple times, they serve different purposes. Can't imagine having a phone without both at this point.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

hotsauce posted:

Yes, it's built-in. Both Qi and PMA. Finally, wireless charging is taking off. Thanks Samsung! No more hideous thick backs or shady Chinese "receiver stickers."

It's all there, built-in. Not a new concept, but the Samsung's weight behind it will help even grandma use it out of the box.

I'm really glad Samsung picked up Qi. Hopefully Apple is next and doesn't decide to use their own standard (they absolutely will)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Can an S6 Edge owner/fan explain what you love about the screen? I don't get it at all, but I feel like there's definitely stuff I'm missing?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Thermopyle posted:

There's nothing to "get".

It just looks cool.

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Thermopyle posted:

I don't get it.

Me either but I guess a lot of people do. The green does look nice though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Is there a consistent way to remove something like Google play music from the notification shade? It's sitting in there and I'm not listening to anything, but when I swipe right on it it just bounces back and stays. Won't let me do anything.

E: Immediately after posting this I just pressed the pause button in the shade and it disappeared

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

MaxDuo posted:

So it seems the general consensus of the goons at this point is lots of disappointment in all the Android phones. I even saw Zom Aur say Samsung is one disappointment after the other.... in general it seems people have been fairly happy when they talk about the Sony Z3 stuff, and one guy mentioned that they have a good battery life. If you don't want a giant mega screen phone are they basically the best thing to go with now?

There are plenty of happy HTC (One M7 and M8), Motorola (X, G, Nexus 6, Droid Turbo), LG (G2, G3, Nexus 5), Sony (Z3/c), and Samsung (Note 4, GS6/E) owners here. And you'll be able to find other niche phones people enjoy too (looking at you Oneplus One owners)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
What is impressing you guys about the S6? This thread is making it sound amazing but never really says why other than liking how it looks and feels which are both subjective.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Do you actually not understand how someone might have a different lifestyle than you that a phone that can last 2 days without dying is a big positive?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Dudes with like 20 minutes of screen time: are these just rare examples for you or do you actually spend $500 on your phone to never use it

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Vertical bruh

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I think your girlfriend is bullshitting you bro

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hace posted:

How do you net 5+ hours of SOT in a single work day?

Has an incredibly cush desk job or uses his phone for work I'm guessing

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Cultural Imperial posted:

I've gone through about 7 mobile phones in 6 years. In that time, I've never used a case for my phone. I finally bought a spigen for my n6 and it looks retarded. :(

This is your own stupid fault for not getting a Diztronic

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Captain Yossarian posted:

If you are serious there are a LOT of people that don't like the Nexus 6.

Only reason I've heard is that it's too big (it's not, anyone would get used to it in a couple days)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAM DOWN posted:

Big phones goddamn own you tiny handed nerds.

Can never go back to using anything smaller. Feels like using one of those very first iPhones. Tiny baby screen

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

bull3964 posted:

The surprise is that it's drat near impossible to do. Like, against the laws of physics impossible.

I mean, when you can have 10+ hours of screen on time per charge, it's really really hard to imagine any use case that drains it from the beginning to end of work.

Lmao in what universe is the turbo getting 10 hours of SoT

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Two things I'm most jealous of are the nicer camera and fingerprint sensor. Man I wish the N6 had the latter especially. Front facing speakers and larger screen are a decent tradeoff though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

kitten smoothie posted:

I guess with Smart Lock in the house, office, and car, I don't find myself caring so much about a lack of fingerprint unlock on the N6.

Mine doesn't work well at all at my house and the pocket detection has worked zero times. But in theory you're totally right.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Yep bluetooth works fine but I don't always want to be connected to bluetooth in my house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Hey guys I like the nexus 6 and I'm not upset that other people don't