Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

Pie has pretty much cured android shittiness

Except for a bug that I can't quite isolate where audio notifications for text messages stop working necessitating a reboot, I am generally in agreement. Other than that I have no complaints. I haven't had an application or basic operations crash in quite a while so I dunno what shittiness you're referring to specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Essential got security patching this morning and audio bugfixes too.

:)

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

couldcareless posted:

I enjoy binging with babish and the many film essay channels I follow :shrug:

yo im totally taking a bunch of film studies classes at the moment and would be interested in some of these channels. Finding good analysis of film is fuckin' hard imo because a lot of film majors are dumb including myself.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

G-Spot Run posted:

I swiped around a bit earlier this morning, worked normally
I went to send an actual message about an hour ago, and it only would only suggest/fill the most basic words - I a and

I had this problem about thirty minutes ago and it solves itself with a reboot.

64bit_Dophins posted:

I've heard complaints about the swiping on gboard in general for years. Then again I've heard TONS of complains about the swiping on swiftkey but I've been using swiftkey for 6 years and I honestly love it and I have no idea what they're talking about honestly (I'm still pissed that they made it a free app after I paid $15 for it back like 6 years ago).

Anyways did it go from usable to unusable all of a sudden?

The swiftkey guys own. I got drunk as poo poo with them like....drat near a decade ago at the 2nd Big Android BBQ. Edit: Okay it looks like Microsoft bought them out which explains why it requires a MS login to get access to most of the basic features like themes, machine learning for grammar, and so on.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 14, 2018

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
At last, higher fidelity in my dickpics and poorly lit images of bachelor chow.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

grack posted:

You can sideload the Google Camera APK on virtually any phone that uses a Snapdragon 820/625 or newer and it will work fine. There are also device-specific builds that will make use of multi-sensor phones. I use a version customized for my LG G6 that can use the main, front, and wide angle camera, and the multi-shot frame stacking modes work properly. There are some working ports for Exynos chipsets as well, but nothing for Kirin (yet).

Can you do a mini effort post on how to do this on the PH-1? I tried to figure it out but somehow XDA has gotten even worse over the last six years since I stopped dicking around with aftermarket stuff.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

I get great SoT in my favorite game, "Gaze into the abyss". You stare into a pitch black void and try to see meaning and beauty in human existence. It's pretty hard on the soul tbh, but it's super efficient battery-wise.

I wish we could have whole posts as thread titles.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Those few of you with an Essential PH-1 do note that Amazon has the 360 camera on sale for $30 right now.

Shame we never got the mic jack. I did however have a good experience doing a warranty swap a couple months ago and got one of the last glacier white models from warehouse. Two days later all online stocks dried up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Yo my essential ph-1 is still chugging along and is updated to Android 10. Y'all trippin' over this new poo poo should have bought in.

Like what you really doing that needs 12gb ram and six camera modules. Editing babbies first horror movie on the fly?