Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

beedeebee posted:

Wait, if you upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0 and then do a factory reset, your phone will still have version 5.0? I'm thinking of resetting my phone too, lagging like crazy ever since I updated. I have a Moto G by the way.

Yes, it should still be the same version that you had when you did the factory reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Is that Qi wireless charging and how big of a grain of salt should I take with that leak?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
New Factory Image LMY48I (5.1.1) for Nexus 5
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#hammerhead

fix for stagefright vulnerability

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
My nexus 5 has been patched for the stagefright vulnerability and isn't affected by the certifi-gate vulnerability. Case closed.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Does anyone know if a verizon LG G3 will work on tmobile?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

thanks!

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Hey man, don't harsh my mellow.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Why is that phone wearing a diaper?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Is the nexus 5 2015 going to have the 810 processor or something else?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

ArgaWarga posted:

Need some advice. Dropped my Nexus 6 and destroyed the screen and digitizer. Google wouldn't cover it and booted me to Motorola, who did not make me feel very confident they weren't going to screw up and send me the wrong phone as a refurb (i.e. I have the white 64 gig, and when I brought that up the guy didn't really seem to know what I was talking about). Are they reliable enough, or should I just take it to say Best Buy or Staples to have them fix it? The cost is going to be about the same either way.

Order the part off ebay and do it yourself. Its easy to replace the screen, plenty of videos on youtube to show you how.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I know this isn't the rooting thread. Is there going to be root for the new Nexus5X?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

kensei posted:

Ugh I really wanted to hold one and play with it but this is super tempting to jump in on. I even have like $50 in Play Store credit from those surveys and other promotions.

You can't buy a phone with google play store credit.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Sounds like the only good thing about the new nexus is the finger print reader. What other reason is there to upgrade? Kinda disappointing.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I hacked apart a broken bluetooth earpiece to use as a trusted bluetooth device. I took off the ear piece part and wrapped up the circuit board, battery, and usb port so it fits easily in my pocket. Now my phone is unlocked as long as its connected. Maybe not as secure as a fingerprint reader but pretty close. The only advantage to the fingerprint scanner is not having to enter passwords specifically to lastpass app.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

How do I root my nexus 5 with marshmallow?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I just a got a new CC with a chip, I went to pay for something and I didn't need to enter a PIN. What is the point?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

CLAM DOWN posted:

Great, I drive/walk by the store that it's bugging me about every day but never go inside, so I guess I'm doomed to this purgatory now.

Start saying yes you went to that store, double your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Alereon posted:

So there isn't really a thread for this, but I just wanted to let you all know that I got to explain to a phone company employee today that their customer's Caller ID name was set correctly, and it was coming up as "stinky pussy" when she called someone because she'd been saved with that name in their contacts.

I always get the name and notes fields mixed up too.