Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

lol this is an unnecessary call out dude

he was off by an hour, let it go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

I quoted their weigh-in page, jackass

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/ufc-fight-night-58-live-and-official-weigh-in-results

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Hmm this should have started now waht gives? Anyone else working?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Since I know you are an autistic goon who needs to correct any little mistake:

Meowbot posted:

Hmm this should have started now waht gives? Anyone else working?

First fight is starting now.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Another Yamasaki?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Food Court Druid posted:

Another Yamasaki?

theres 2 and theyre both awful

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Easy there mates, I have http://mmajunkie.com/rumors bookmarked since it's a good go-to place for who is on what card and when the cards are!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kinda sucks the winner from that season gets a main card slot whereas the runner up is the fight pass opener. It doesn't suck in terms of merit or excitement or anything but it feels unfair.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Hahahah Brazil getting owned in brazil owns so much

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Yuriy posted:

Hahahah Brazil getting owned in brazil owns so much

wELL gently caress ME

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
That was pretty cool, even if it did deny us the endless satisfaction of a dead silent brazilian arena.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was loving cool.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

that was p.cool

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

yowzers

He's the one who found his kid dead in a pool, right? Good for him.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I hope Collier gets another shot, he was looking really good right up until he got his face kicked off

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

fatherdog posted:

I hope Collier gets another shot, he was looking really good right up until he got his face kicked off

This was my thought as well.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

yowzers

He's the one who found his kid dead in a pool, right? Good for him.

I guess we've finally found what it takes for a Brazilian to not thank God post-fight

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
There was an awful lot of booing whenever the fight hit the mat. It will be interesting to see if that is how the rest of the night goes.

Welp turned down going to see top 5 movie today to stay home and watch these fights. I wonder how this will end up going since the card looks pretty weak on paper but some of the weaker cards have been awful. Good first fight knock out though so I'll stick with it.

Dolloway is fighting Machida, that is just crazy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Yeah, but after that standup he looked pretty sluggish. I was like "oh poo poo he's gonna get tagged," then he got tagged. Adrenaline dump prob.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Meowbot posted:

There was an awful lot of booing whenever the fight hit the mat. It will be interesting to see if that is how the rest of the night goes.

They weren't booing because the fight hit the mat, they were booing because the Brazilian was losing.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
The Dirty Bird ftw.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
How much is Machida loved in Brazil?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Which one is Tim Means? I recognize him but I can't remember why? Did he used to fight at 45 or something stupid like that? Or did he do something cool, or have something cool done to him?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

How much is Machida loved in Brazil?

He's really well-liked around Belem; I'm not sure how much that translates into broader popularity in the country.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What the poo poo is up with Alexandre's back? Holy gently caress? Is that bacne, or staph, or what?

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Which one is Tim Means? I recognize him but I can't remember why? Did he used to fight at 45 or something stupid like that? Or did he do something cool, or have something cool done to him?

He had some competitive fights against some decent fighters (Masvidal, Magny), there might be more but that's the only reason I recognize him.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

CommonShore posted:

What the poo poo is up with Alexandre's back? Holy gently caress? Is that bacne, or staph, or what?

I think its bacne, its disgusting.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Holy poo poo that is so close.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I think thats legal. If his fingernail is touching the mat who the gently caress cares.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Count Roland posted:

I think thats legal. If his fingernail is touching the mat who the gently caress cares.

He released that knee while his hand was down though, and it kinda looked to me like the upward force of the knee pulled the hand off the ground. No point taken though, so doesn't matter.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I hate that rule so much.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Dropping a shoulder strike in full guard is awesome

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
This is a fun fight.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Means better finish this guy if he doesn't want to get Brazilian Judged.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
McGreggorcut

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is some sloppy-rear end mma striking.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

This is some sloppy-rear end mma striking.

I think that's mostly because both guys are partially concussed

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Tim Means should win this but Brazil

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
lol if Means loses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Means is gonna get robbed.

• Locked thread