Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The tutorial was pretty long. Paz =peace.
There's loving nukes and I've already gotten caught in the earliest stage. I keep throwing people i grapple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

peace of poo poo walker.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Good game. Collecting everyone on the map with balloons and turning them into item creating slave laborers is fun as gently caress.

The boss fights suck rear end though.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyra posted:

oh boy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

peace of poo poo walker.

The controls are throwing me no lie. Also the cutscenes with QTEs on them... loll

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Cyra posted:

Good game. Collecting everyone on the map with balloons and turning them into item creating slave laborers is fun as gently caress.

Boss fights are fine. Just bring tons of rockets and grenades and poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

Boss fights are fine. Just bring tons of rockets and grenades and poo poo.

That sounds loving gay, dweeb.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I kinda wished you could be a lovely newbie soldier in the main missions if you wanted OP, but, what I played of it was alright. 60s-80s MGS is some drat win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

l loved MGS3 but never played any of the portable poo poo.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

l loved MGS3 but never played any of the portable poo poo.

It plays a lot likeMS3 I think. The maps, loading screens, and camo meter are all identical. But there are some things like not being able to crawl and lacking the depth mgs3 had in its gear and menus that I'm confused by. Luckily the HD collection has 2-3 so I'll prolly break up peace walker with those. But i think a lot of it is me being out of practice with older MGS stealth designs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

peace of poo poo walker.

peace o win

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I am formally requesting moderator protection from this insane trolling.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

in a world of lights hideo kojimas metal gear series is a shadow full of win :henget::

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just got peace walker and it rules. rules. rules.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
kojima made peace walker because his son kojima jr told him that he and his friends think metal gear is poo poo and they'd rather play monster hunter, so he made the next metal gear game specifically to target that demographic

this anecdote is the only good thing about peace walker

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 20, 2014

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That sounds loving gay, dweeb.

Well how the gently caress would you destroy a big rear end robot you nerdlinger

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The recycling of bosses with different paint jobs put the Mega Man games to shame.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I had to stop playing this game on the PSP because the torture scene was too hard and I only progressed by buying the HD collection on the xbox and doing it in co-op with a friend.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I liked the little references to the movie "Dr Strangelove"

For example, there is a character named "Strangelove".

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Peace Walker is fun but the boss fights are designed to be done co-op. The later ones in particular are not very fun solo.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Arian_Samurai posted:

I liked the little references to the movie "Dr Strangelove"

For example, there is a character named "Strangelove".

she is a doctor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like the game it is cool. boss fights are less tedious if you spam smoke

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

The only boss fights I thought were tedious were the re-occurring vehicle+dudes ones, the robut bosses were pretty cool- I especially like the one that's a fuckoff huge tank you gotta climb up while destroying a bunch of guns and treads and poo poo along the way.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
The boss fights in this game made me wanna give monhun a 3rd try and it's now my all time favorite. True story.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Bobby The Rookie posted:

The only boss fights I thought were tedious were the re-occurring vehicle+dudes ones, the robut bosses were pretty cool- I especially like the one that's a fuckoff huge tank you gotta climb up while destroying a bunch of guns and treads and poo poo along the way.

yea the big rear end tank is super loving fun

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This big rear end tank was cool. The last like 3 or so weren't, though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the bigass tank is only good because it's tedious to do properly, so you take huge risks to make it faster and it's way funner than it should be

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Rexicon1 posted:

yea the big rear end tank is super loving fun
Gotta bench press that tank.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the flying one is the only one i couldn't speedrun reliably when i used to play it because sometimes you can just carl gustav/law the thing without it triggering its dodge and it's too tempting for me to pass up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its my 2nd fav after 3

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

its my 2nd fav after 3

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
peace walker is a game where you can stand literally five feet away from a sniper who has his scope pointed in your direction while half naked and still not be seen

it is a baby game for babies

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

darealkooky posted:

peace walker is a game where you can stand literally five feet away from a sniper who has his scope pointed in your direction while half naked and still not be seen

shut the gently caress up

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

darealkooky posted:

welcome back to the imp zone. it's been a while. it's good to see you still excel in the field of having the worst opinions of anyone

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

darealkooky is a constant reminder of the threat AIDS poses to all gamers.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I've seen a bit of a Peace Walker LP and I think the most surprising thing is that Master Miller is suddenly half-Japanese.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i tried playing it awhile ago since it was part of the hd collection but i didnt enjoy it. game on though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They made a nuclear weapon into a dog bot that talks and walks on its hind legs.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i tried playing it awhile ago since it was part of the hd collection but i didnt enjoy it. game on though.

thanks gamer!

Scalding Coffee posted:

They made a nuclear weapon into a dog bot that talks and walks on its hind legs.

Spoilers dude

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

darealkooky posted:

It's about as trivial as any other MGS I've played, if you do things a certain way, so I'm not sure what your complaint is, other then being a total fucktard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Acquire Currency! posted:

thanks gamer!

Spoilers dude
Everything I know about this game I got from this thread.

• Locked thread