Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Hey guys

i got an idea

what if i make a stealth game

and prevent you from crawling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Korthal posted:

Hey guys

i got an idea

you would then have to make it so that duck-walking was rewarding, but make guards be a little bit less aware of the noise that motion makes

oh wait, they did, it sped up the game a whole lot and made it more fun to play

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Great Joe posted:

you would then have to make it so that duck-walking was rewarding, but make guards be a little bit less aware of the noise that motion makes

oh wait, they did, it sped up the game a whole lot and made it more fun to play

So speeding up the game was their goal. That's why the bosses all took 20rpgs and m-60s and multiple resupplies to beat?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Korthal posted:

Hey guys

i got an idea

Big deal.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Korthal posted:

So speeding up the game was their goal. That's why the bosses all took 20rpgs and m-60s and multiple resupplies to beat?
:rolleyes:

Dec 26, 2012

Korthal posted:

Hey guys

i got an idea

that seems pretty reasonable yeah

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Korthal posted:

Hey guys

i got an idea

You only move by rolling.

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I loved the gameplay style overall, but once you play for a bit the 'nvg and tranq everyone in the head' runs its course. But vehicle missions and rpg elements sort of save it. Hot Coldman.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

zelgadis posted:

I loved the gameplay style overall, but once you play for a bit the 'nvg and tranq everyone in the head' runs its course. But vehicle missions and rpg elements sort of save it. Hot Coldman.

u can use other stuff too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
why would u praise the rpg elements (unlocking guns) if u only used the basic gun anwayy...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

zelgadis posted:

It has the most guns and equipment of any MG game so far. Use them.

I stopped taking tranq guns for non boss missions and suddenly the game became much more interesting.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I unlocked tortilla chip recipe!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Banana.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I just remembered that you can hold people up with a Banana in Peace Walker, which is extremely awesome.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Silver Striker posted:

I just remembered that you can hold people up with a Banana in Peace Walker, which is extremely awesome.

Oh poo poo lmao.

Snake trolling Chico was cool too

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

is peacewalker in hd/legacy collection not 4 players the whole way through, how does that work exactly?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just beat pupa. Lol'd at the singing

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Acquire Currency! posted:

Just beat pupa. Lol'd at the singing

In the original PSP release, you could customize the Vocaloid system entirely and have the Pupa running around singing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSkQJIoZOA

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Sizup posted:

is peacewalker in hd/legacy collection not 4 players the whole way through, how does that work exactly?

Vehicle missions and boss fights are 4p and normal ones are just two i think

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
PW's theme owns really hard. I miss the old theme but they did a really good job with PW's, and the music in general.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Heavens divide is better than snake eater imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Actually I don't like Heavens Divide at all. I really like the rest of the music though, especially the mother base music that plays in the menu. Reminds me of the opening infiltration themes from the other games.

• Locked thread