Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I have no real order for these, but I figure I'll let them speak for themselves.

Sakura Trick - Figured it would be way more interesting, at least in a dumb anime way, than just sitting uncomfortably as two girls kiss and make gross saliva noises.

Sailor Moon - Made me realize that any nostalgia for Sailor Moon has to have been from the old cartoon only because the pacing is both too fast and seeming to have nothing going on. You don't seem to get time to even know the characters. Also art holy cow.

Inou Battle - I am not an Andou fan and everything tends to gravitate to him. Also the latest ep suddenly tried to make things serious when nothing has been really serious except for a great moment of character building they barely called back to.

Nobunaga the Fool - I watched some of this with a friend and do not remember being very impressed with it. Was glad when we dropped it.

I guess I do not have 5 of them really but I give honorable mentions to Denki-gai and I can't understand what my husband is saying which I dropped an episode and a half in so they cannot qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Can I add Akame ga Kill? I don't think I had 5 but after seeing half the show today I want to add it cuz gently caress that mess.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Nuebot posted:

Having a general bad anime/opinions topic for discussions would be nice, in theory. But people would get mad and it'd get closed really quick.

As for my votes I try to avoid bad anime if I can help it so all I can throw my hat in for is Kill la Kill. Despite the costumes I didn't actually hate the first ten or eleven episodes, and if they'd left it at that arc I'd probably have left the series with an "okay" and maybe recommended it to the same kind of people who absolutely love Gurren Lagann. But then the rest of the series happened and what little plot there was fell apart, every character gimmick got amplified to an even more obnoxious degree and one of the most obnoxious characters I've ever seen in a cartoon shows up and doesn't go away until the ending.

Oh and it got really weird when that lady molested her daughter. I could have lived without that.

Was the obnoxious character Nui by any chance? Haha I am curious/nosy :nyoron:

• Locked thread