Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
no see it's a pun because kill in japanese is a homophone for "to wear" and "to cut"

And I say RWBY is the worst anime because there was a thread for it here
2nd worst is tohou
3rd worst is kancollle

2nd and 3rd worst may be the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The scraps of periphery I've seen of Mahouka make it seem innocuous to the point of not knowing what it is. There was that cover that the little idiot from SAO was on with that guy. Is it a spinoff? I don't know or care.

RWBY, on the other hand, is pretty clearly terrible at a glance, even if they're brief, distant glimpses.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

icantfindaname posted:

Depends on what your standards are / how much time you have to watch TV I guess. Both series are alright. I guess I would compare them to decent shounen like Soul Eater or Blue Exorcist. Both Avatar shows are probably 60 episodes, with probably 2/3 of the first series being good and 1/2 of the second series. As for gundams, Korra ends with the villain making a giant robot to destroy the city. The robot isn't very anime though, even though it has an arm laser cannon

Last Airbender is a pretty high level children's cartoon with a good story arc and good characters and a consistent, well thought out setting and background story. It's not perfect (slow to start and has a few episodes that are pretty devoid of value) but I'd recommend it to anyone who likes animation and doesn't have an allergy to kids shows

Korra is like... the same people went "Well, we were successful with our last show, so now let's add a bunch of poo poo from superhero comics and anime and ~TEEN DRAMA~ and I'm sure it'll still be just as good" except it wasn't except for that one season where Henry Rollins showed up and reminded everyone how cool magic kung fu could be

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I am a braindead ADHD baby (who likes Kill La Kill) and I still loved LOGH. But I don't think the audience for "broad historical overview space war drama set in retro sci-fi future" is particularly large. You have to be a very particular kind of weirdo to appreciate something that is basically Star Trek x a Ken Burns Documentary x Rose of Versailles

Davincie posted:

logh is the game of thrones of anime

but logh has a huge cast of mostly likeable characters

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

coathat posted:

Utena is good actually.

I don't think Utena is bad in a qualitative, considered way, but I couldn't get through it because it had more stock footage that was repeated with less shame than your average Sunrise Yuusha toy advertisement series from the 90s. Funnily enough, I liked Penguindrum and it also had a few recycled sequences, but the difference to me was Survival Strategy was amazing to look at (because I'm an idiot and like fast, bright colors) and had a good pop cover of an old Japanese rock song, instead of the same grimly determined stair climb punctuated with the deadly audio bludgeon that is absolute fate apocalypse or whatever it's translated as

That and I think I hated everyone in it but Utena, and then read about how the series ends and got so mad I swore to never finish it

• Locked thread