Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Argevollen I somehow made it to episode 19 before I realized that I didn't give even the slightest of shits about the characters or the plot.

Aldnoah.Zero Its merits generally outweighed its faults until that last episode (i know it's split cour) man that last episode. :cripes:

The thread rules mean I can't actually vote for Cross Ange or Mahouka. Which would be a shame if it wasn't an immense relief.

I didn't watch any other bad shows, and you can't prove otherwise! :colbert:

:cripes: Akame ga Kill :cripes:

I would vote Flag anime except I'm not entirely unconvinced it wasn't some sort of really elaborate psychology experiment being conducted upon the audience.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Akame ga Kill is one of the few anime-original endings that doesn't suck balls (and timed it right at the point where the manga nosedives in quality, from what I hear), it's automatically excluded from any "worst anime" talk. :colbert:

Uh no dude it's loving terrible.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, if goofy, ultraviolent action stuff isn't your thing it isn't your thing, but it was pretty nicely animated/choreographed for the most part, the VAs never got on my nerves, and while the plot was never really much more than a fight delivery mechanism, it did its job. Also it has one of the best gay characters in anime history and plays the gay panic jokes as "ha ha look at the stupid closed-minded shithead" rather than "ha ha look at the big gay butt-lover," which was pretty refreshing. :shobon:
Dude I love goofy ultraviolent poo poo and positive portrayals of gay people in media, and I can still state with utter confidence that Akame ga Kill is garbage that I regret watching.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

pentyne posted:

No he's right, Japanese kissing is almost universally disgusting. And, in many animes it is portrayed as borderline sexual assault even on willing subjects.

I remember some weird mecha anime/future school hijinks a while back a pilot went berserk from his machine connection and raped a girl,but she tried to act like it wasn't a big deal, whereas when someone is trick-kissed in anime its "I'm soiled forever just let me die".

I really wish the rules allowed me to vote for Valvrave. It really deserves the title.

Alas our anime forum posting techniques simply weren't advanced enough in 2013. Kids these days don't know how good they have it! :argh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Please reveal to me how many people in this thread haven't watched Kids on the Slope but have watched the really bad shows everyone is posting about

That's an answer you can only find in your heart Big Anime Fan Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
WTF Jeremy told me his dad is in Special Forces, how can he work at Nintendo?

• Locked thread